lvl 50 WZ

Lansang

i just hit 50 and i noticed people can 3 hit me.. this game is so gear dependent in WZ and pvp yet it takes so long to farm pvp gear and winning a WZ is so dependent on how many geared toon on your side and how many ungeared are on the enemies side.. so disappointing

i mean how fun will WZ be when its very gear dependent. if u have so many ungeared people on ur side how can u even win. which means WZ will depend on gear and not the players.. even if i get geared wich im working on and i get to a WZ with tons of ungeared people were gonna loose cuz we have lots of ungeared people on our side who just dies in 3 hits

Great, another baby that needs to be effective the instant he hits 50. Time and effort mean anything to you? God didn't create the world in a day; you won't be effective your first WZ match at 50...get over it.

i never expected to be geared instantly when i get at 50.. its just the balance of WZ is gear dependent get a group with no gear then ur side loose cuz if gear gap and not cuz of skill gap.

Yeah, it sucks, and it's poor design. It was obvious up front it'd be this way though, since they just copypasta'd WoW. You might want to look into GW2, I've been following it for years and won't bother with PvP in this game anymore once it's out, if I still play this game at all.

Great, another baby that needs to be effective the instant he hits 50. Time and effort mean anything to you? God didn't create the world in a day; you won't be effective your first WZ match at 50...get over it.

It's not so much getting blown up in lvl 50 wz, it's the boring gear grind that it creates.

-way harder to earn medals

-which means it's way harder to earn commendations

-takes longer to buy bags

-which means it takes forever to get the gear...

-will be a looong time before player enjoys wz's again

getting slaughtered skirmish after skirmish gets old fast. Your tricks and skills from 10-49 pvp barely matter, which is fine. But the grind to get decent pvp gear looks like a long boring uphill of getting nuked battle after battle for minimal rewards.

Edited by AudioProject

I much prefered DAOC's route, where the focus was on player skill and not the Gear. Everyone could be fully templated when they hit 50, so were ready and able upon PvPing.

I'm upto 45 bags since dinging 50 and still only have around 5 champion pieces. I'm at Valor 55 aswell.

I hate that I don't have all my "champion" PvP gear atleast, I never feel as good especially as I rolled my alt 2 months in, so there are Battlemasters/War Hero's in full gear tearing it up.

I was in a match earlier, where we had atleast 5 battlemasters, 4 of which were a premade.

I just hit lv 50 on sunday, and I'm already full centurion gear with my weapon and off hand being champion. I find myself getting about 9-10 medals every game and I win most of my warzones.

It is not so much about gear. A green geared guy playing the objective in huttball > a battlemaster wandering around trying to get kills and dmg done.

Of course gear can help, but if you want to have an easy progression in pvp just go get some epics from the AH or some HM instances ( they are a joke to complete ) and then come back with a mix of centurion/pve gear to compete against pvp veteran.

You migth want to queue up with some friends to up your chances to win and have fun togetter. :)

Having just dinged 50 myself I understand what the OP is saying. One match in the lvl 49 bracket you can he hitting top DPS and earning plenty of medals and then the XP from the match pushes you into the 50 bracket and your next queue you get totally crushed.

There is a post out there with some tips on how to prepare ahead of time for lvl 50 PvP and how to gear up quickly to be somewhat competitive, I will have to track that down and post it.

It is quite a change but I had saved up enough comms to buy 5 champion bags when I dinged so I have some Centurion gear and a few purple items I won from cashing in Fleet Comms for Purple drop boxes. Still getting thashed by much better geared lvl 50's but at least I am able to be a little more effective now then that first match after I dinged 50.