All the more reason to make regular BG losses COUNT FOR POINTS!

Jarbarian

...because now all the "professionals" (aka, basement dwellers who do nothing but PVP professionally) have invaded the unrated BGs and grouping up and making regular, non rated PVP players suffer with loss after loss where trying to get 10 wins TAKES DAYS not hours.

If this is SWTOR's idea of fun, I'm ready to unsub and delete the game.

If GSF losses count as 1 win, why do NON RATED BGs losses count for nothing?

Whoever thought of this idea and whoever allowed it in to production should be FIRED, immediately.

FIX IT!

GSF losses count as a win, so should NON RATED BGs count as 1 win. A win should count for 2. Same thing,

But you won't because if GSF losses counted for nothing, people would stop playing GSF.

And since you ARE doing it to non rated BGs, I've noticed that only PRO PVPers are playing regular BGs.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you talk about regs only. This must be implemented to team ranked too so new or bad players would not be scared out from playing team ranked. Only-win quests must remain only in solo ranked for a well-known reasons Edited by omaan

...because now all the "professionals" (aka, basement dwellers who do nothing but PVP professionally) have invaded the unrated BGs and grouping up and making regular, non rated PVP players suffer with loss after loss where trying to get 10 wins TAKES DAYS not hours.

Whoever thought of this idea and whoever allowed it in to production should be FIRED, immediately.

FIX IT!

GSF losses count as a win, so should NON RATED BGs count as 1 win. A win should count for 2. Same thing,

But you won't because if GSF losses counted for nothing, people would stop playing GSF.

And since you ARE doing it to non rated BGs, I've noticed that only PRO PVPers are playing regular BGs.

That explains me going 1-8 few days ago even though i like to think i am a very skilled player. Not amazing mind you but i always play my best and perform well. At any rate what you call unranked BGs have always had abysmal overall skill. Most players just pat their dps thinking they're doing something while completely ignoring objectives or proper focus. Its not easy to do true but at least some more objective focused play would help. Also "pro" pvpers have always been in unranked, just not so many. Don't worry they'll get bored soon and go back to ranked arenas. Now the daily/weekly change, i don't have a strong opinion on it. I kinda like it and hate it at the same time.

That explains me going 1-8 few days ago even though i like to think i am a very skilled player. Not amazing mind you but i always play my best and perform well. At any rate what you call unranked BGs have always had abysmal overall skill. Most players just pat their dps thinking they're doing something while completely ignoring objectives or proper focus. Its not easy to do true but at least some more objective focused play would help. Also "pro" pvpers have always been in unranked, just not so many. Don't worry they'll get bored soon and go back to ranked arenas. Now the daily/weekly change, i don't have a strong opinion on it. I kinda like it and hate it at the same time.

I sure hope so.

I hate the BG (battleground, non ranked) change. Before the change I had to deal with unranked players padding their DPS and ignoring objectives.

Now i have to deal with those same people, only the side has a coordinated attack and I end up not able to get 10 wins without taking DAYS to complete it.

Why you talk about regs only. This must be implemented to team ranked too so new or bad players would not be scared out from playing team ranked. Only-win quests must remain only in solo ranked for a well-known reasons

Yep. Regular matches.

Ranked should be win only. Not unranked.

Just like GSF. If you lose, you still get a win. It's unranked as well. No reason why unranked PVP losses shouldn't count for 1 win as well.

Do the math.

15 matches at an average of 15 mins a match, that means 3-3/4 hours to get 1 win.

Is that fun for anyone?

If you lost 14 matches out of 15 it probably was well deserved! You sound like one of those Sorc/Jugg/Merc players that just goes for zerg and expect their team auto win for them. So i pity your team for having such a trol onboard...

If you tell me you seriously played 15 matches for objective and lost them pvp isn't for you. please stop queueing or search for another game. not joking. you will have no fun in this game longterm.

If you lost 14 matches out of 15 it probably was well deserved! You sound like one of those Sorc/Jugg/Merc players that just goes for zerg and expect their team auto win for them. So i pity your team for having such a trol onboard...

If you tell me you seriously played 15 matches for objective and lost them pvp isn't for you. please stop queueing or search for another game. not joking. you will have no fun in this game longterm.

If you solo que and like playing the objectives you will:

1. be backfilled a lot, even now. you very rarely backfill onto the winning side.

2. in low pop times be put into arena's facing a full group of t/h/2dps vs your random group of pugs.

3. be left to guard nodes, or the node will be unguarded, regardless of your class/spec/role.

4. be called 'bad' frequently because you are not numberfarming.

5. if you do end up in an 8v8 on the side with a group of 4, odds are you will get the group that's number farming, ignoring objectives, and only healing/guarding/peeling for their own group members.

Before anyone says 'make friends, group up'. I can't use voice, or do multiple matches one after another. Very few players want to group up for 1 warzone only.

You're right. It must be me that is the only one playing both offense and defense while the rest of the team ignores the orb carriers, we have no healers and the rest of the team is worried about their DPS, not a win.

You come to one of the BGs you'll see what I am talking about. No one defenses bases, runs orbs, focuses healers, plays DEFENSE or OFFENSE.

But yea, it must be just me.

If you solo que and like playing the objectives you will:

1. be backfilled a lot, even now. you very rarely backfill onto the winning side.

2. in low pop times be put into arena's facing a full group of t/h/2dps vs your random group of pugs.

3. be left to guard nodes, or the node will be unguarded, regardless of your class/spec/role.

4. be called 'bad' frequently because you are not numberfarming.

5. if you do end up in an 8v8 on the side with a group of 4, odds are you will get the group that's number farming, ignoring objectives, and only healing/guarding/peeling for their own group members.

Before anyone says 'make friends, group up'. I can't use voice, or do multiple matches one after another. Very few players want to group up for 1 warzone only.

That's the best analogy I've heard so far and spot on.

The weekly quest is 10 wins, losses do not count (pugs, not rated).

GSF weekly is 10 wins, a loss counts as a win.

Unrated should be the same.

Edited by Jarbarian

I highly doubt you're losing 15 matches in a row.

That depends. Last night I played many arena matches for an hour and didn’t win one because we were always 3v4.(I don’t know how many matches there were, but I’d say over 10).

When we finally won a match it was because someone on the premade team didn’t load into the match. But the very next one they did and we went back to losing. It killed the queue and people just gave up.

There’s no fun in losing one reg match after another when you and your team are disadvantaged at the start. You can’t leave and the other team knows it. So you get some real nasty characters taking advantage of that.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a compromise between getting nothing and a participation trophy when the reason you are losing isn’t because you and your team are bad, but because the odds are stacked against you to start with.

I’ll agree that the old system of a win = 2 points and a loss = 1 point was a bit soft and they were totally participation trophies.

But what if they made a win = 3 points and a loss = 1 point and then they increase the number of points needed to complete the missions?

That would still require people to try and if they didn’t they’d have to play 3 times as many matches to finish the missions. But at least they would feel they are working towards something even when circumstances are completely out of their control.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That depends. Last night I played many arena matches for an hour and didn’t win one because we were always 3v4.(I don’t know how many matches there were, but I’d say over 10).

When we finally won a match it was because someone on the premade team didn’t load into the match. But the very next one they did and we went back to losing. It killed the queue and people just gave up.

There’s no fun in losing one reg match after another when you and your team are disadvantaged at the start. You can’t leave and the other team knows it. So you get some real nasty characters taking advantage of that.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a compromise between getting nothing and a participation trophy when the reason you are losing isn’t because you and your team are bad, but because the odds are stacked against you to start with.

I’ll agree that the old system of a win = 2 points and a loss = 1 point was a bit soft and they were totally participation trophies.

But what if they made a win = 3 points and a loss = 1 point and then they increase the number of points needed to complete the missions?

That would still require people to try and if they didn’t they’d have to play 3 times as many matches to finish the missions. But at least they would feel they are working towards something even when circumstances are completely out of their control.

Since its 10 wins per week, then 3 would make the last game a loss, so Im ok with that.

I do think they shouldn't allow groups to queue unrated BGs at all.

Add a loss as 1 point, a win at 5.

Everyone has fun.

Since its 10 wins per week, then 3 would make the last game a loss, so Im ok with that.

I do think they shouldn't allow groups to queue unrated BGs at all.

Add a loss as 1 point, a win at 5.

Everyone has fun.

lol no to all of this.

Honestly since trying the changes recently, I have had maps I prefer more often than maps I dislike. That's a pleasant change.

When I do get Huttball, I feel no desire to leave it because it hasn't been shoved down my throat relentlessly for months on end.

I find the contests better, even when losses happened today for instance, I found my usual fun, besides playing with obviously subpar skilled players who are new or just bad.

Point is I didn't count matches won or lost tbh. I just queue, and play... I am going to guess people who tend to PVP rarely or only to complete their dailies/weeklies are finding losses not counting the worst change of all.

I think BW will be keeping this one in... Suck it up and drive on guys.

FIX IT!

Those trends are affecting my enjoyment too...but do try to be a little less vitriolic. Good players, as with any tier of skill, come from all walks.

If you're frustrated because you're using PvP to gear for PvP...don't. Use Hammer Station or another very quick flashpoint for that. If you're on Starforge, i'd be happy to run something with you.

If you're just frustrated, we all get there. Hopefully the pendulum will swing back a little the other way soon.

I don't know if the dev plays the game because otherwise they would not have put the win for the pvp, it's a stupid idea the games to play are more interesting because I calculated the average of my matches won in ranked or unranked it's 1 out of 15 or 20 for the unranked and 1 in 10 for the ranked to finish the weekly and daily it's very hard