Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't Rail Shot coming out of blaster?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Why isn't Rail Shot coming out of blaster?

DDaMAGEr
12.18.2017 , 12:03 PM | #1
Seriously, why does it deal Weapon damage, but comes not out of weapon? Other projectiles, those deal white damage come out of weapon mostly or involve weapon in some other way. There is ingame animation of red "lazorbeam" shot (very similar to Rail Shot) fired from blaster pistol used by various NPC & Companions. Yet player version for some strange reason comes out of bracer. Mercenaries, with their Dual Wield also deal two hits of damage with rail shot (100% base damage with 100% base accuracy and 30% base damage with 67% base accuracy). So mercenary RS anim can be made to simultaneously fire two "lazorbeams" from both blasters. As well Powertechs almost don't use their weapons, and RS animation might be changed to involve weapon singhtly more - at least for that one ability.

Bird_of_Thunder
12.18.2017 , 02:19 PM | #2
It's a thing for Innovative Ordinance. I think when you go IO or Arsenal (not entirely sure) you get Mag Shot, which replaces it.

Again, if anyone can correct me that'd be nice
War Hero Drazir
Carnage Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

LykaiaSovereign
12.18.2017 , 09:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
It's a thing for Innovative Ordinance. I think when you go IO or Arsenal (not entirely sure) you get Mag Shot, which replaces it.

mag shot is from IO
http://www.swtor.com/r/kwbg4P My Ref Link
If You find me helpful, You can help me as well.
Thanks in advance

Cuiwe
12.19.2017 , 05:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post

Yes, IO gets a very nice Magnetized Shot from the hip. Looks very cool. Should get it earlier but with Master's Cron...
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Glower
12.21.2017 , 08:20 AM | #5
Cuz it's a railgun variation and you don't fire metal things from your blasters?
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

DDaMAGEr
01.12.2018 , 04:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Cuz it's a railgun variation and you don't fire metal things from your blasters?
Metal things don't deal Energy damage though. Actually railguns can accelerate plasma as well.

Voltare_de_Vici
01.14.2018 , 11:20 AM | #7
But technically speaking it would still be better if it were to come out of the blaster.