Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando/Mercenary needs major defensive nerfs and all knows it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Commando/Mercenary needs major defensive nerfs and all knows it

Floplag
12.07.2017 , 09:51 AM | #11
The exaggeration on this issue is getting silly.

I've been a Merc main since day 1 of beta thru the good and the bad. When i complained about my class weaknesses pre 5.0 I was told "You're a %&#@$", "Mercs are fine", "you suck", "L2P" I literally got hate mail on a daily basis, still do in fact. Well, you know what, maybe its time to take your own advise a little.

Yes, they are perhaps a little over tuned even still, BUT, all i see is 90%+ of players still firing into the obviously glowing giant bubbles instead of doing literally anything else, that's not a Merc problem, that's a player problem. By now this should not be happening still.

No, you don't give us 8 seconds of free casting but that's not your only option either you know. I'm sorry that you might have to use your cooldowns too to counter this but you cant have it both ways. My god something that makes people think and everyone loses their minds.

When everyone learns to play the mechanics ill start to feel bad, maybe, until then all i hear is the echo in my ears of all the nasty whispers i got when i tried to fight for my class.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.07.2017 , 07:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
While I happen to agree by and large, I will that if they give mercs the defensive nerfs to the extent we're requesting they really should give them some of their damage back. As it stands right now, with proper interrupting, mercs really aren't terrible to shut down offensively. It's their sheer survivability that makes them troublesome.
Personally, I don't think they ever should have nerfed their damage to begin with, them or anyone elses. Damage was never an issue for PVPers. That just came up along with everything else they decided to tear to shreds in the process, save for mercs and snipers of course heh. I agree with you totally, their problem lies only in their sheer survivability. [Save for the present Set bonus bug that is augmenting Arsenal's damage right now since 5.6]

I'm not even in favor of putting them back to 4.0 defenses. If that wasn't enough for them, than that would be also unacceptable. Give them appropriate defenses for a ranged DPS spec, that's all that's being asked for here. And just for the record, and this is just my opinion, no DPS spec should have defensive's that heal. If they do than all DPS specs need something like that the will allow for comprobable heals. I would exclude Marauders of all specs and Snipers of all specs, if the damage they were putting out was higher and Snipers didn't already have heals. I don't think pure DPS specs should have any baseline heals and any they might get from Utilities should be very minor at best, if at all. I say that as a player of a pure DPS class.

Add to the problem right now we have specs over performing because of bugged set bonus issues and mercs are one of them, their damage right now, at least in Arsenal's case is higher than it is suppose to be, along with Sorc heals. Some other specs are thought to be effected by the same bug, but as of now only those two seemed to be confirmed. I've never been one who thought that Sorc self-heals should have been nerfed in the first place, so I tend to care less about that bug, save for the fact that it is healing more than just the sorc themselves.
Class balance is a total mess. I feel we are worse off than before it ever started and would rather see them just revert all the changes made to pre- class balance levels at this point.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

Turn-XGundam
12.08.2017 , 02:19 PM | #13
patch hits coming tuesday and 90% likely they'll fix the bugs, so please no more ************. this class has been **** for a lot of years.

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.09.2017 , 07:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
patch hits coming tuesday and 90% likely they'll fix the bugs, so please no more ************. this class has been **** for a lot of years.
The amount of healing this class has is rediculous and totally out of control for a DPS spec made all the worse by being mobile as hell and ranged. The fact that it can force you to stop attacking it while leaving it free to unload its burst rotatation for six second or spam it's self heal for even more healing in addition to all it's other healing factors gives it 'multiple lives'.

The amount of CCs it has in addition makes it's anti-focus vs a single target disgusting. E-net is broken to the point that it's damage even goes through Undying rage and it's second 'net' leave in addition to the amount of slows it can put on melee leave said target's sitting ducks for ranged and make breaking LOS completely unrealistic. Resolve is completely useless and totally unaffected by slows to begin with. You can remain slowed virtually indefinitely.

No ranged DPS should have so much control, anti-focus, healing, and be able to face tank multiple opponents with ease. No amount of previous suck entitles mercs to such survivability. They are as broken as ever in PVP and this is evidence but the amount of mercs you see in PVP. Every match has 3 to 4 mercs if not more.

Add to this the many maps force melee to remain in certain areas be sitting ducks for firing squads and that you are constantly being attacked by them when you are fighting other people along with their equally broken Snipers pals make the hoards of firing squads in PVP constant, incessant and completely unbalanced. Having no weaknesses of any kind make their over the top survivability game breaking. Mercs and Snipers completely ruin PVP for melee.

They are walking trinities and their is no justification for DPS specs having such ridiculous amounts of healing especially considering there is a pure dps spec who can't heal at all and other DPS specs with very little healing potential. Their design is completely backwards for a ranged dps spec. Having multiple lives is inherently unbalancing, once of which cannot be stopped by any strategy. Ceasing attacking when their reflect is up does not prevent them from spamming their self heals during their reflect and the amount of damage one can do using aoes/dots assuming the resources are present to begin with is so small as to be laughable to a class with such healing potentials, passive and otherwise. They remain far too strong and the "nerf" they received in 5.6 was nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

The set bonus bug to their DPS [Arsenal] only adds insult to injury, and is not being fixed in 5.6.1 and has been given no date of addressing. "Some future patch", given BWs history of leaving broken for long periods of time means in all likelihood the set bonus bug will remain for the foreseeable future.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

TalonVII
12.09.2017 , 04:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
The exaggeration on this issue is getting silly.

I've been a Merc main since day 1 of beta thru the good and the bad. When i complained about my class weaknesses pre 5.0 I was told "You're a %&#@$", "Mercs are fine", "you suck", "L2P" I literally got hate mail on a daily basis, still do in fact. Well, you know what, maybe its time to take your own advise a little.

Yes, they are perhaps a little over tuned even still, BUT, all i see is 90%+ of players still firing into the obviously glowing giant bubbles instead of doing literally anything else, that's not a Merc problem, that's a player problem. By now this should not be happening still.

No, you don't give us 8 seconds of free casting but that's not your only option either you know. I'm sorry that you might have to use your cooldowns too to counter this but you cant have it both ways. My god something that makes people think and everyone loses their minds.

When everyone learns to play the mechanics ill start to feel bad, maybe, until then all i hear is the echo in my ears of all the nasty whispers i got when i tried to fight for my class.
While it was nice to see the Merc be lifted up, you and I BOTH know all of those should of gone to the POWERTECH. You know the ACTUAL TANK.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Floplag
12.10.2017 , 10:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
While it was nice to see the Merc be lifted up, you and I BOTH know all of those should of gone to the POWERTECH. You know the ACTUAL TANK.
These skills have nothing to do with being a tank or dps, by your logic only tank juggs should have ED, and thats not accurate. It isnt a question of one or the other, its a question of both.

Mercs pre-5.0 had arguably less survivability than PTs do now, but to be fair lets assume they are in about the same place. Mercs got the help they desperately needed, perhaps a little too much, while PTs did not. Many other classes also got help, Snipers, Maras... leaving PTs as a little bit of the odd man out.

For me the answer is simply, extend those skills to PT as well in the same manner the ED and other self healing buffs go to both tank and dps classes. The recent nerfs make them less powerful and PTs would literally be fixed overnight if these were made baseline.

Trsut me i want PTs viable, as far as melee classes go its the one i enjoy most, but it doesnt have to be at the expense of Mercs. You are basically saying Mercs need to go back to being fodder, and thats not right either. No reason both cant be viable, it doenst have to be an either or discussion.

BUT.... This still doesnt address the issue of 90% of the player base still playing the mechanics wrong making the issue seem far worse than it really is. Its mind boggling to me how many people literally just unload everything they have into the shields then complain how OP it is when they literally did everything wrong under the most obvious of situations.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Turn-XGundam
12.10.2017 , 01:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
too long to quote
what about before 5.0?? i remember the class being super easy to kill. also its not as mobile as you claim to be, tracer is the main component of arsenal and its casted 90% of the time.

heals are not that strong if you're in dps spec.

TR nerf is huge almost half of healed amount as before 5.6 , kolto wasnt nerfed a lot .

cc is the bust solution to when mercs use dcds. especially energy shield and reflective.

RACATW
12.10.2017 , 02:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Not sure if you're serious our just trying to troll with that one. I've been playing my jugg a lot in pvp lately, and this is exactly what I do, and I've killed countless mercs/mandos that were hoping their reflect or energy shield would save their butt. Vengeful slam + sweeping slash (also dots keep ticking). And if he keeps attacking, it's free energy (if you don't have enrage up).

The only problem with the dcd in pvp might be the kolto overload to 60%, as you can't do anything about it except to wait until it's over. Make it 35% like the PTs, and the reflect + trauma regulators are fine, cause you can actually do something while they're up.

Or they could listen to you guys, and nerf the class to the ground, and render it useless in pvp like it was in 4.0.
You're exaggerating.
I've killed mercs with sweeping slash maybe ... twice? Out of hundreds of wzs by now and hundreds of mercs, the only ones who died were extremely bad.

Kazz_Devlin
12.13.2017 , 02:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Martin View Post
They did nerf the DCD, like ... last week.

Kolto heals up to 60% instead of 70%. Trauma regulator heals your of 40% health max, instead of 75% (iirc).

So yeah, mercs got the nerf.

It's still at a good place tho, but it's definetly killable if you're not derp (clue: Aoe is your friend when shield & reflect).
Yeah and its a joke, you stil have 3 lives! Heal on dmg should not be given to a DPS spec unless ALL dps specs get it! Factor in all the other crap you have to avoid melee and lets not forget Enet the class is just OP and everyone knows it! It breaks trinity Either your a pure DPS spec i.e a glass cannon or your a hybrid. Hybrids shouldn't be putting out DPS equal to a pure DPS spec because your pseudo tank plus dps. This is why the matches are inundated with a plethora of mercs, snipers and jugs!

Tharianus
12.13.2017 , 04:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Yeah and its a joke, you stil have 3 lives! Heal on dmg should not be given to a DPS spec unless ALL dps specs get it! Factor in all the other crap you have to avoid melee and lets not forget Enet the class is just OP and everyone knows it! It breaks trinity Either your a pure DPS spec i.e a glass cannon or your a hybrid. Hybrids shouldn't be putting out DPS equal to a pure DPS spec because your pseudo tank plus dps. This is why the matches are inundated with a plethora of mercs, snipers and jugs!
Sage heal bug is fixed (nobody complained about it) lets get back to Mandos / Mercs
You know if they would nerf Mando defs even more it would affect Mando heal, too...

So in your opinion you want that mando heals have the worst healing Potential AND inferior defensives right? So it will become obsolete but nevermind...

But yeah keep complaining about it... and forget gunslingers, sage heals and vanguard dpstanks
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel