Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3.0 Mercenary/Commando DPS by Hotwired

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
3.0 Mercenary/Commando DPS by Hotwired

Gyronamics
12.31.2014 , 06:00 PM | #21
Serrated Bolt has to be your opening move because it increases the damage on everything and increases elemental DoT damage twice.

This is in conflict with the fact that both are short openers and thus the initial Serrated Bolt is going to end up clipped by the fixed position refresh as the main rotation rolls on.

Can't be helped. Both are so heavily loaded openers that the absence of Serrated Bolt would be terrible. For the inefficiency of clipping the DoT we get what we most need from it.

Rotations are totally unimportant in terms of damage, loops HAVE to be 15s and they HAVE to have 1 of every major ability, two Mag Bolts and 1-3 Charged Bolts depending on how heavily you are filling at that cycle. The only thing you can influence is the order you do the abilities in.

What you have here are openers created by starting from the desired rotation and working backwards. The other way is to start with a desired opener and have your rotation be a slave to the priorities generated by it.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Cotlu-Hunlon
12.31.2014 , 06:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
What you have here are openers created by starting from the desired rotation and working backwards. The other way is to start with a desired opener and have your rotation be a slave to the priorities generated by it.
*Hotwired puts on sunglasses and walks into the sunset*

Thanks for clearing this up

The Nostalgia Thread - Come live in December 2011 with me

Cotlu-Hunlon
01.07.2015 , 08:38 PM | #23
Just bumping this guide, it's the best Assault guide personally and there's no sense in letting it slip into the forum abyss

The Nostalgia Thread - Come live in December 2011 with me

Gyronamics
01.09.2015 , 10:00 PM | #24
Obtained 6pc bonus the other day,

Depending on your goals for an opener it either adds stability or is a waste of time.

Mid parse it's a small bonus to guarantee a crit per minute.
Hotwired

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

marchesq
01.28.2015 , 03:17 PM | #25
Thank you for your guide!
I'm an old assault spec (away from the game 7 to 8 months.) I always found Full Auto to be a little clunky to me and enjoyed using charged bolt for the HIB reset. Is it possible to have a viable rotation without Full Auto?
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Trooper by day, lover by night, free by the grace of The Maker.

Nightkin
01.28.2015 , 07:35 PM | #26
Very nice guide, and may i say its always a pleasure to fight you in pvp man x)

/Watcher-Six
Whaaaaambulance at your service

Gyronamics
01.29.2015 , 03:38 PM | #27
Mmm,

If I could change one thing about PVP it would be to change the very old orange dropped/crafted gear I use to a legacy set.

If you're gonna pose anywhere it's in PVP and I particularly like the gray/white set I have
Hotwired

cs_zoltan
01.30.2015 , 04:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by marchesq View Post
Thank you for your guide!
I'm an old assault spec (away from the game 7 to 8 months.) I always found Full Auto to be a little clunky to me and enjoyed using charged bolt for the HIB reset. Is it possible to have a viable rotation without Full Auto?
Sorry to butt in, but no one was answering this

Considering Full Auto is the 2nd highest DPS ability for Assault no there isn't.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

Gyronamics
01.30.2015 , 04:41 AM | #29
What 3.0 did was bump up the damage of Full Auto to make it essential, something like Master Strike for knights.

At the same time a lot of damage was stripped out of Charged Bolts. Right now Charged Bolts is one of the weakest single target abilities a commando can use. It's behind Stockstrike and sometimes Explosive Round (depending on spec and procs).

As a result when doing a rotation it's compulsory to have as many Full Auto uses as possible because the alternative is hugely less damaging. Roughly when a Full Auto is about 9000 damage (for 24 energy) Charged Bolt will be about 3000 damage (for 15 energy).

Clearly no competition.

The only reason Charged Bolts gets used as a filler attack is because with everything else on cooldown or worse damage/cost it's the best choice out of what is left.
Hotwired

safarm
02.03.2015 , 11:24 AM | #30
Hey guys, here's my parse following this rotation (used EN and MB as filler when i could). My gear is mostly BIS 192 with 6set bonus so I would like to ask, why its soo low?
- Tornia - Torxia - Torsia - Tormia - Torzia -
Imperial Czech Alliance
The Red Eclipse