Bring Back White Crystals

Twinbros

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually remember when everyone got together to solve the Magenta crystal material puzzle.

I loved that and was the first person to have a Magenta saber on my server :).

I'd prefer if they made +16 and +31 white crystals available in the Cartel Shop, but that the +41 required a mission series similar to the Magenta one. It was the only time I enjoyed hunting for mats - in any game, ever.

I actually remember when everyone got together to solve the Magenta crystal material puzzle.

I loved that and was the first person to have a Magenta saber on my server :).

I'd prefer if they made +16 and +31 white crystals available in the Cartel Shop, but that the +41 required a mission series similar to the Magenta one. It was the only time I enjoyed hunting for mats - in any game, ever.

Color Crystals should not be a part of the shop. They are not just cosmetic, they affect gameplay and therefore should not be in the store for any levels.

You presume too much. I fully intended on saving up the credits to purchase the crystal, but not all of us are jobless kids who can spend every waking moment playing the game. Some of us have real life responsibilities. I could care less if I have to grind out dailies like you did so long as the crystal itself is available.

I work full time in powder coating (hanging on an assembly line type place) and come home so sore I usually shower and go to bed to stare at the tv until I fall asleep. I generally play an hour and a half to two hours three or four time a week, and I still managed to get mine. Your problem is that you just grind the dailies and wonder why your credit balance isn't going up as fast as people who take the time to figure out where in their server's economy the money is. It was clearly stated how much these crystals would cost and when the vendor would be removed. You had just as much (and probably more) opportunity as I did. The difference is I seized that opportunity and you did not.

Color Crystals should not be a part of the shop. They are not just cosmetic, they affect gameplay and therefore should not be in the store for any levels.

The affect gameplay because...the blinding white light gives you an advantage over npcs? I think what you meant to say was I'm a selfish snob that wants to keep a color to myself.

The affect gameplay because...the blinding white light gives you an advantage over npcs? I think what you meant to say was I'm a selfish snob that wants to keep a color to myself.

No because there are stats attached to said crystals that have an effect on game play.

Wow was that supposed to be directed at me? Cause if it was you lack reading comprehension friend. I have said several times, in several of the threads on the matter I want the crystals available in game again. I just disagree with putting these types of items in the store for real money. So you might look twice at who you're attacking in these threads.

No because there are stats attached to said crystals that have an effect on game play.

Wow was that supposed to be directed at me? Cause if it was you lack reading comprehension friend. I have said several times, in several of the threads on the matter I want the crystals available in game again. I just disagree with putting these types of items in the store for real money. So you might look twice at who you're attacking in these threads.

I already stated that the stats on the crystals are not what I care for, just the color itself. I could care less if it had 0 stats on it, so long as the color becomes available for purchase in the upcoming store.

I agree partially ... if they made it a quest (Little like Magenta) I think it would be more popular with most die hard players. BUT... it needs to be realistically more difficult to cultivate. I mean magenta takes at least 4 stops on multiple planets. Do the same, but require a little more involvement - Maybe tied to a quest you must get first?

It is cosmetic (most crystals have the same stats)! UNLESS... a new White with Black core option opens up like someone mentioned. Having BETTER Stats than typical +41 version.

Twinbros,

Why didnt you buy a white crystal when they were available?

Yeah!!! Don't cry over it Twinbros, it's okay... I don't think it's being selfish "not wanting" to have ithe white crystals back. Like what some guys here previously said, it gives you that sense of uniqueness. I am sure you'd feel the same way if you are in their shoes. So, ask for something else, say a RAINBOW (or transparent maybe?) crystal, for whatever cost you can afford. I'm sure you'd be soooo happy. I mean, I am not even trolling, okay? :) :)

I already stated that the stats on the crystals are not what I care for, just the color itself. I could care less if it had 0 stats on it, so long as the color becomes available for purchase in the upcoming store.

And, with the way things work in game currently you're out of luck, unless they either change the way color crystals and stats work, or they go against what the release said and put game changing items in the store. You might not care for the stats on the crystals but they are there never the less.

I was still leveling at that time and like I said before, I work so time to play was limited.

I see people say this a lot but it doesn't always work that way, i am full time IT support tech and still had 2 level 50s by the time the white crystal vendors was up.(Jonnara 50 Assassin & Jon 50 Sentinel).

One guild member of my had 4 50s by than and his a father of an 8 year old, works full time at a bus company and is in a home stay program for some extra cash which means plus 1 extra kid from over seas to look after.

The leveling speed is not only limited by time. Things like what activity to do for exp and where you location at the time for it also matters. ( later found out that the space combat exp was so OP back than, that he got a Trooper to 50 in a week.)

The above also apply to income within the game, different ways to make money. Some fast some slow.

Edited by Jonnara

Yeah!!! Don't cry over it Twinbros, it's okay... I don't think it's being selfish "not wanting" to have ithe white crystals back. Like what some guys here previously said, it gives you that sense of uniqueness. I am sure you'd feel the same way if you are in their shoes. So, ask for something else, say a RAINBOW (or transparent maybe?) crystal, for whatever cost you can afford. I'm sure you'd be soooo happy. I mean, I am not even trolling, okay? :) :)

Actually I wouldn't feel the same way, I'm not a selfish ***** like other players. How others play and how they get items means nothing to me and effects my gameplay in no way shape or form. My desire to have the white lightsaber doesn't stem from some dick filled desire to be unique, I simply like the color and couldn't give two ***** if other players like it as well. Not everyone has this sick and ****ed up desire to derive their pleasure from other peoples misfortune.

:eek: Are you mad?? Don't be, okay? Because I feel like you're cursing... Well, I can see some asterisks which whatever meanings I don't understand. Did you typed them intentionally or it's just me and my auto-filter? And oh, "d*ck" wasn't filtered. Or my auto-filter is acting up maybe.

So uhm, going back to the topic, yeah... I totally understand where you're coming from. It's about the color. It feels like it's your dream color and you'd really fight for it, I understand that. But then again, there are also other people out there who would fight for what makes them happy, that is to have the identity of being unique.

So, help me, where do we draw the line between who is right here? Color VS. Identity?

and I hate "I want everything now without earning it" players like you.

Do you know how many dailies I had to grind to buy 2 white 41 crystals?

QQ more please, your tears are delicious!

You know, the real reason you see few white lightsabers isn't because of the rarity. The reason is because they look so crappy. I mean, come on, you can grind out credits so fast in this game EZ. White is simple. Plain. Bland. But w/e. Lets give it a huge price tag and say you're never seeing it again LOL. If there's something Bioware did right, it's marketing a bad product so well that we feel we MUST have it... Kind of like this game in general. Well done, Bioware/EA.

I was still leveling at that time and like I said before, I work so time to play was limited.

I work 48 hour weeks. In fact I am at work right now...

Still leveling? Really? I had 2 50s at the time i bought my white crystals.

Seems to me, you need to L2 time manage.

btw I never played WoW

Edited by Toweleeeie

You know, the real reason you see few white lightsabers isn't because of the rarity. The reason is because they look so crappy. I mean, come on, you can grind out credits so fast in this game EZ. White is simple. Plain. Bland. But w/e. Lets give it a huge price tag and say you're never seeing it again LOL. If there's something Bioware did right, it's marketing a bad product so well that we feel we MUST have it... Kind of like this game in general. Well done, Bioware/EA.

Maybe to you...

I get tells every time Im on the fleet asking where i got my dual white crystals and Im pretty sure they are not asking bc they are ugly.