I finally feel "good"

Luckeyduckey

Yay! Gotten min/maxed Conq, and I roll kids. I run a premade for regs with 3 other Pyro PTs (We troll so hard) and it's ridiculously fun. I out DPS smashers every time, I win all 1v1s, and I'm tough to kill. Thank you Bioware. Finally I can play my favourite class, and do as well as my smasher or assassin. Ranked I run 3 PTs and a Merc healer (Ik ik :p) and it's also very fun. So glad we're on par for PvP now. Just a few PvE buffs would be nice...

Yay! Gotten min/maxed Conq, and I roll kids. I run a premade for regs with 3 other Pyro PTs (We troll so hard) and it's ridiculously fun. I out DPS smashers every time, I win all 1v1s, and I'm tough to kill. Thank you Bioware. Finally I can play my favourite class, and do as well as my smasher or assassin. Ranked I run 3 PTs and a Merc healer (Ik ik :p) and it's also very fun. So glad we're on par for PvP now. Just a few PvE buffs would be nice...

To be fair, I never loved Pyro much, but post-2.4 Pyro dynamics actually feel fluid and pleasant. Tried both, on Commando and PT, and I must say I like it. I definitely parse more on dummies than I did pre-buff (gear hasn't changed a lot), and the damage stacks into nice spikes in PvP. Nowhere near Gunnery\Arsenal burst, but it's a lot less restricting, rotationally and tactically.

I am, of course, not mentioning considerable defensive buffs - this goes without saying.

To be fair, I never loved Pyro much, but post-2.4 Pyro dynamics actually feel fluid and pleasant. Tried both, on Commando and PT, and I must say I like it. I definitely parse more on dummies than I did pre-buff (gear hasn't changed a lot), and the damage stacks into nice spikes in PvP. Nowhere near Gunnery\Arsenal burst, but it's a lot less restricting, rotationally and tactically.

I am, of course, not mentioning considerable defensive buffs - this goes without saying.

For arenas, Pyro (suprisingly) is better than Arsenal, as Arsenal's opening burst, once gone, is too squishy/too immobile. Pyro for Merc is okay, not great, but at least it doesn't die as fast as Arsenal.

For arenas, Pyro (suprisingly) is better than Arsenal, as Arsenal's opening burst, once gone, is too squishy/too immobile. Pyro for Merc is okay, not great, but at least it doesn't die as fast as Arsenal.

I haven't run Pyro/Assault Commando in Arenas, so I can't comment. But I do see the potential, because it's 80% mobile, and it now does solid damage, with very smooth, and rather cheap rotations.

By the way, what would you suggest - Field Training (+3% Tech and ranged crit), or Special Munitions (+6% ranged crit in CGC stance)? Would be obvious for a PT, because of how many talents support rail shot, but for a Mercmando, it doesn't seem to be a binary choice.

Edited by Helig

I haven't run Pyro/Assault Commando in Arenas, so I can't comment. But I do see the potential, because it's 80% mobile, and it now does solid damage, with very smooth, and rather cheap rotations.

By the way, what would you suggest - Field Training (+3% Tech and ranged crit), or Special Munitions (+6% ranged crit in CGC stance)? Would be obvious for a PT, because of how many talents support rail shot, but for a Mercmando, it doesn't seem to be a binary choice.

You could take either as a merc. I only play PT, and my friend plays Pyro merc a bit. He takes the tech/ranged 3% though, as the dots are important to crit because of the surge boost. You could try either, but I think the tech is better.

Not sure if trolling or not...

Arsenal has root on RP.

Arsenal has two times longer HO.

Arsenal has better knockback.

Arsenal has shield CD reduction.

Arsenal has better net.

Arsenal has armor debuff.

Arsenal has better heat management, and that translates to more self heals.

Which reminds me, arsenal has 2 instant heals in the rotation.

Also, Arsenal is constant burst. One word: Unload.

Arsenal can cast 2 instant abilities

Arsenal can absorb a force/tech attack.

It's looking quite silly for the Pyro to be honest...

Not to mention: DoTs in Arena?

Which brings us to the ability to use not only your own mezz, but your team mezz. DoTs MESS things up too much.

Edited by easeyway