Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mainly for those nonstop PVPers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Mainly for those nonstop PVPers

merovejec
05.27.2019 , 11:50 AM | #1
So the WHO officially recognises video game addiction as a sickness. Its very important for some people to realize how long they spend playing video games. No offense but when I mistly see some pvpers have thousands of matches played in ranked it makes me wonder how much time they spend on the game.

Mainly when it comes to wintrading it takes a lot of work and time, yet these players seem to rob themselves of their RL in order to gain imaginery titles and rewards, rather then spend RL doing something real.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

lightSaberAddiCt
06.08.2019 , 09:58 AM | #2
The WHO is a joke. I am just waiting for them to say you need a pill to beat gaming addiction.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

JattaGin
06.08.2019 , 11:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
So the WHO officially recognises video game addiction as a sickness. Its very important for some people to realize how long they spend playing video games. No offense but when I mistly see some pvpers have thousands of matches played in ranked it makes me wonder how much time they spend on the game.
If I recall correctly, you have (or had at some point) 100% achievements. How many hours did it take you?

I wouldn't limit game addiction to PvP.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

MadDutchman
06.08.2019 , 11:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
The WHO is a joke. I am just waiting for them to say you need a pill to beat gaming addiction.
Don't give them any ideas.

Honestly it doesn't take medical professionals to realize that having a healthy balance in life between various activities (including recreation) is a good idea, and no amount of recognition by medical professionals is going to make people make better choices.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

DarthSpuds
06.09.2019 , 03:16 AM | #5
Denial: the real first stage of addiction recovery.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Visorknight
06.28.2019 , 11:13 PM | #6
We need the achievements for pvp, which takes time to get such as 50k kills, 1000 warzone matches etc

SteveTheCynic
06.29.2019 , 09:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
I don't have a *lot* of time for the more recent meanderings of the WHO, but the organisation that ran the successful global campaign to rid the world of variola major and variola minor (smallpox to you, Chuckles) deserves *some* respect. What they did there left the world a better place.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.