Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Thanks for the answer Eric!

Now for a question, are the rewards Toon Based? If so, what's the liklihood/chance of getting any back from Collections should we lose them?

Is this rancor going to be an account wide congratulations or Toon?

Hey Selenial,

All of the Arena rewards are character based and I do not believe they will be in collections.

-eric

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know of an issue I just learned of. Currently, it is possible that your name can show up on the leaderboards with a rating, even if you have technically not yet earned one. The rules that determine you having a rating are fairly simple but I want to make sure I spell them out so that we don't have a situation where someone is expecting a reward and does not receive one.

In order to earn a rating, you must:

• Have played 10 games in the Ranked queue. That means 10 solo queue or 10 group queue respectively.
  • Be able to see what your current rank is on the in-game ranked tab.

As long as you meet those requirements, your rating is displaying correctly and you will earn the appropriate rewards. We are working to address the leaderboard issue but I want to ensure that you know of the issue regardless.

TLDR - Make sure that you have played 10 Ranked games and that you can see your rating in game!

Thanks.

-eric

Hey Eric you may also want to correct the announcement page for season 1 rewards. It indicates at the top that tier 5 is 0001-1149 and at the bottom that tier 5 is 1500+. I'm assuming you mean to say that tier 1 is 1500+?

The bounteous and magnificent Giradda the Hutt announces the rewards for Season One!

Read More

Edited by CO_DAIGO

Something people might want to check on before talking about the numbers of people getting ratings:

http://ootinicast.com/leaderboards/

Teo from the podcast pulls the data via the API, so it's the same data in the leaderboards, and is updated every two hours. Out of the entire "somewhere around half a million" subs, solo ranked PVPers are at 25k. Of those, only 2.6% have a 1500 rating.

That's data current as of 4pm US-EST.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number of players doing ranked quadruples once word REALLY gets out and guilds start forming teams. Even still, that's not a lot of people who would be eligible for the rancor, assuming the percentages in the various ranks don't change. I personally think the higher ranks will grow a bit as the inexperienced arena PvP "newbs" get stomped on), but even if it's 5% of 100,000 people that's 5,000 people in the entire game... divide that by players on at any given time, and players on that specific character, and rancors will be rare indeed.

Groups are lower - currently at 13k participants total and 3% tier 5.

Is that 5% of players, or 5% of characters? Cause I've done ranked on 8 characters; does that count me as 8 people? Also, are players who have played less than 10 games and have not received an official rating counted towards the total number of ranked players?

Could I please get an answer to my questions?

Me too. Are the awards all additive and therefore the pet is the same from level to level?

I have the same question. Obviously, there is a different title for each tier. Will a Tier 1 player only get the Tier 1 title or all five titles?

And can we get the pet and armor at Tier 2 or below as well, or does Tier 1 have a different pet/armor than the other Tiers?

I think it would be a safe assumption that it is per character, and not per account.

Each individual character has a separate entry on the leaderboards, rather than your account having one entry for all of your characters.

I know that is the case on the leaderboards of course. I want to know if they are basing their "only 5% are above 1500" claim purely on the leaderboards, or if they went a little more in depth. My questions do prove a point: some people play on unskilled and undergeared alts on which they don't care as much about rating, which is skewing the data so that while only 5% of characters are 1500, much more than 5% of people have at least one character that is 1500. Also, what about duplicates of characters from server xfers? And I know that only characters who have played at least 10 games will be able to receive a reward, but are characters who have played less than that included in the pool of players of which only 5% are above 1500?

Well my question is very simple. This armor set looks like the Obroanne one. Is it this one or a unique empty skin ?

And the the differents tiers of reward , its legit. On high pvp servers , top players are above 1700+ but on others like Mantle , its not the case so ... And btw rewards are for solo or team elo rank, 1 night and u get your elo, stop whine and go tag :)

I know that is the case on the leaderboards of course. I want to know if they are basing their "only 5% are above 1500" claim purely on the leaderboards, or if they went a little more in depth. My questions do prove a point: some people play on unskilled and undergeared alts on which they don't care as much about rating, which is skewing the data so that while only 5% of characters are 1500, much more than 5% of people have at least one character that is 1500. Also, what about duplicates of characters from server xfers? And I know that only characters who have played at least 10 games will be able to receive a reward, but are characters who have played less than that included in the pool of players of which only 5% are above 1500?

Why does it matter? We've got actual hard numbers of how many qualify. A guy even calculated % of the 25k players that qualify and it's less than 3% in actuallity. Is it really important what base musco took by stating a clearly arbitrarily set percentage number, evidently done just to balm the worries about top tier exclusivity?

Even if half of the people on the leaderboards only dabbled in rated warzones for a couple matches and then gave up the 1k people globally with the rancor are still the top 10% of the 10% of the entire playerbase. Howmuch more of special snowflake do you need to be?

On my server there are already groups of people win trading. They get on their alts and let a team a farm them, then get on their main whom they desire the rancor mount on and farm the other team.

If the rating were just a tad higher (1700s for solo, 1900s or 2000 for group) this would do a lot more to discourage people from doing so. As it stands, to get from 0 rating to 1500 you need less than 15 straight wins (11 for one guy on my server).

Too easy. Oh well, hopefully they will make the season two ceiling a bit higher instead of going the casual route and giving everyone a cookie.

PvE players get multiple nightmare content mounts to show their nolifing skills in PvE, why can't PvP players also have a nice unique mount to show off their nolifing skills in PvP?

Edited by colmiak

On my server there are already groups of people win trading. They get on their alts and let a team a farm them, then get on their main whom they desire the rancor mount on and farm the other team.

If the rating were just a tad higher (1700s for solo, 1900s or 2000 for group) this would do a lot more to discourage people from doing so. As it stands, to get from 0 rating to 1500 you need less than 15 straight wins (11 for one guy on my server).

I really hope BioWare paying Attention to it. Last thing i want to see is some win trading their way to T1.

I really hope BioWare paying Attention to it. Last thing i want to see is some win trading their way to T1.

I'm really hoping Bioware is just letting win-traders work up their Ranking, and then reset it on the midnight before Patch 2.7. That will feel so awesome... :cool:

Although in all seriousness, i doubt Bioware can do much to prevent win-trading. It's almost indistinguishable from in-house Ranked. I've done plenty of the latter, and out of the 6-7 matches i've played with against my guildies, I have only lost 1. Over a much longer period of time, it will look like we're win-trading.

Edited by EzioMessi

PvE players get multiple nightmare content mounts to show their nolifing skills in PvE, why can't PvP players also have a nice unique mount to show off their nolifing skills in PvP?

Me, I have always been against Eliticism, and therefore I bcould never understand supporting Eliticism by giving out things to a select few people.

If you look at printed Biographies from the last 500 years, almost none is about a person from the hard working classes (the "bottom feeders", as PvP players call them) (from which The Beatles stem from, by the way), but almost exclusively about those who had profited from their hard work. If you look around, you can see luxurious mansions buiild by those who had profited by selling the things at an high price without paying a lot of wages to those who work at the bottom. In Bangladesh, one of the countries which is at the same time one of the poorest countries, and at the same time producing most of our "western" clothes, workers were killed because firm owner gave a BEEEP on building security. Everyone believes that "workers ? They are easily replaceable". The police was ordered to shoot at those who did a protest for higher wages only a few months ago, if I recall the newspaper correctly. To put it cynically, in an Machiavelli way of thinking, there always has to be a country in this world that is poor, because this is the only way to ensure that there can be factories in which people are paid much, much lower wages than in the richer countries. Good, if such a country is drained by a Kleptocracy, because that means that people will stay poor.

That is why I'm against Eliticism, so, introducing actual rewards for being an Eliticist is for me not understandable. It just supports the way of thinking that "we are the top, everyone else is just a "bottom feeder", "window licker", "keyboard turner" or simply a "bad". With the several meanings of the word "bad" most likely being intended.

Giving out rewards for Eliticism just makes people think that these rewards officially allow them to be rude to everyone who doesn't belong to their circles of Elites.

Me, I have always been against Eliticism, and therefore I bcould never understand supporting Eliticism by giving out things to a select few people.

If you look at printed Biographies from the last 500 years, almost none is about a person from the hard working classes (the "bottom feeders", as PvP players call them) (from which The Beatles stem from, by the way), but almost exclusively about those who had profited from their hard work. If you look around, you can see luxurious mansions buiild by those who had profited by selling the things at an high price without paying a lot of wages to those who work at the bottom. In Bangladesh, one of the countries which is at the same time one of the poorest countries, and at the same time producing most of our "western" clothes, workers were killed because firm owner gave a BEEEP on building security. Everyone believes that "workers ? They are easily replaceable". The police was ordered to shoot at those who did a protest for higher wages only a few months ago, if I recall the newspaper correctly. To put it cynically, in an Machiavelli way of thinking, there always has to be a country in this world that is poor, because this is the only way to ensure that there can be factories in which people are paid much, much lower wages than in the richer countries. Good, if such a country is drained by a Kleptocracy, because that means that people will stay poor.

That is why I'm against Eliticism, so, introducing actual rewards for being an Eliticist is for me not understandable. It just supports the way of thinking that "we are the top, everyone else is just a "bottom feeder", "window licker", "keyboard turner" or simply a "bad". With the several meanings of the word "bad" most likely being intended.

Giving out rewards for Eliticism just makes people think that these rewards officially allow them to be rude to everyone who doesn't belong to their circles of Elites.

I'd answer this seriously, but this is the SWTOR forums.

Umadbro?

Too much other stuff to quote was here.

What're your thoughts on the 2014 Winter Olympians? Should they all, or a %, be up on the podiums or just the ones that earned the medals per the current system of competition/reward?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.

• Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.
  • Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.
  • Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric