Who Ruined PvP?

Zalindae

Out of respect for the guild that hosted the lovely PvP event I am asking this question in a new post!

Who broke the PvP? I was not able to participate since I was raiding and I'm so very curious how 4 people supposedly ruined open PvP for so many. So .. lets dish ! What happened?

In ref to this post ...

I normally avoid threads like this one but since you brought up the topic I'll respond. I am in the guild that "ruined" your event, at least we are the guild that was called out by name on Oricon. My guild has around 9-10 members on any given day and there were a whopping four of us involved in the world PvP on Oricon. Four (4). That's it. If four of us ruined your event it was the will of the force for it to fail.

Kill trading in an area often populated by skilled and well geared people is rarely a good idea anyway. We came around to run an end of the week HM Council kill and saw a bunch of flagged Pubs...so we killed them. They came at us again...and we killed them again. This is not uncommon in the areas outside DF/DP.

I didn't see anyone trying to explain things. If they had, I would most likely have gone away if I had realized it wasn't folks engaging in legit world PvP. What little was said in /s was mostly taunts and whining.

It's world PVP, that's how it works. Take your shameful kill trading and go somewhere else. What's the point in the achievement / title if you have to trade kills to get it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened is their guildies were not allowing the Republic side to get to their area (like we had been doing for hours). So, the Republic stopped playing since they couldn't get past anymore, ending the event.

We had two areas, one Imp, one Pub and were mostly pushing each other back and forth between those two areas. When one was driven all the way back that side would back off and let them get it back and form up again. So, they came in and wouldn't allow the Republic to get past to get to their area and that quickly ended the event.

His "excuse" is nonsense because Gen chat was full of explanations to what we were doing and how they were ruining it. People were in Gen chat asking to let them past to group up, and they wouldnt let them. Ending the event.

I was told there was another PVP Event this weekend, but have not seen any posts on here about it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

oooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay.....

Why didn't the pubs just form up back at their base, then go back as a huge group?:confused::confused:

Classroom rules apply. Can't have any unless you make / bring enough for everyone.

That was the plan...Popcorn, pizza, and beer for everyone.

What happened is their guildies were not allowing the Republic side to get to their area (like we had been doing for hours). So, the Republic stopped playing since they couldn't get past anymore, ending the event.

We had two areas, one Imp, one Pub and were mostly pushing each other back and forth between those two areas. When one was driven all the way back that side would back off and let them get it back and form up again. So, they came in and wouldn't allow the Republic to get past to get to their area and that quickly ended the event.

His "excuse" is nonsense because Gen chat was full of explanations to what we were doing and how they were ruining it. People were in Gen chat asking to let them past to group up, and they wouldnt let them. Ending the event.

I was told there was another PVP Event this weekend, but have not seen any posts on here about it.

Have to say I was on oricon that day for this supposed 'ruining' of your event. There was nothing in gen chat about how they were ruining your event. And when my guild was going by to go through our runs in HM DF/DP just like this Zosimah person said, there was a lot of whining and taunting in /say. To me this thread appears to be a bunch of butthurt people pissing and moaning about how their PvP event got ruined by people in full PvE gear. Which, that being said, would make those participating in the PvP event a bunch of baddies to get smoked by PvE geared folks.

Have to say I was on oricon that day for this supposed 'ruining' of your event. There was nothing in gen chat about how they were ruining your event. And when my guild was going by to go through our runs in HM DF/DP just like this Zosimah person said, there was a lot of whining and taunting in /say. To me this thread appears to be a bunch of butthurt people pissing and moaning about how their PvP event got ruined by people in full PvE gear. Which, that being said, would make those participating in the PvP event a bunch of baddies to get smoked by PvE geared folks.

First of all, no. Most of us posting in this thread are curious to as what guild "ruined" the pvp event as we did not participate. Also if you think that we're bad and "will get smoked by PvE geared folks." then by all means come at me with your pve gear and ill laugh as i repetitively stun lock you to death.

IDK what is going on with this, but I would say I count Zosimah as a friend. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the one to help them finish the raid in question they were waiting for.

I don't exactly know whats going on but there seems to be a crap ton of butthurt by everyone (Zosimah included).

It was a pvp event in an open and yet tiny world. I don't exactly know what people expected...

And in PVE at least, Zosimah has never striked me as the kind of epeen measurer that we know exists in our guilds...

(Also because, no offense to their guild, but they really aren't that good anyways)