Patches, how many and how big?

Sibbiz

So, I just bought swtor and started patching this massive thing.

Wich brings me to the title of my post, How many patches do I need to expect before im able to play the game and how massive are they? Im allmost done with the first named "Main assets 1" Wich was a 11gig one.

Thank you for your time :)

Edited by Sibbiz

The most recent patch was 1.1.4. Not positive of the exact number but most of them are pretty small so they go fast. Biggest patch that you'll have to download should be 1.1. If you go to News & Updates at the top, and select "Patch Notes" from the drop down, you can see all the patches that have been released so far.

I'm not positive you'll have to patch for each one, it's possible they will download in larger chunks rather than individually.

No problem. I'm not really sure anywhere lists the exact sizes of each patch, unfortunately. You might try googling some of the SWTOR sites and see if any of them give more detailed information about patch sizes.

Bought the online version of the game, first I had to download "the game" wich was abit over 1,5GB, when that was done installing (Wich went shockingly fast) It started up this massiv patch wich was something like 11,500GB.

No problem. I'm not really sure anywhere lists the exact sizes of each patch, unfortunately. You might try googling some of the SWTOR sites and see if any of them give more detailed information about patch sizes.

Tried lurking around Google to find stuff, but they dint give me any clear answer either im afraid :(

Bought the online version of the game, first I had to download "the game" wich was abit over 1,5GB, when that was done installing (Wich went shockingly fast) It started up this massiv patch wich was something like 11,500GB.

The 11+ GB is the game, not the 1.5. :) It's a large download. Installed on my comp it's just under 20GB.

Loggin's probably right though and all the patches will download with it at least. I didn't think of that since I downloaded it back in Dec before all the patches.

So, I just bought swtor and started patching this massive thing.

Wich brings me to the title of my post, How many patches do I need to expect before im able to play the game and how massive are they? Im allmost done with the first named "Main assets 1" Wich was a 11gig one.

Thank you for your time :)

Badges... We don't need no stinking badges. Oh, wait nevermind...

There was a post a long time ago, about the size of the download, but I can't find the link. From memory, the total download for the entire game (during the install process) was said to be about 27 GB. After the install completed, the space taken up by the game was to be about 22 GB.

So you're going to have to be patient. I think the 11 GB assets file is the biggest one, but there are other files that will be several Gig in size.

The 11+ GB is the game, not the 1.5. :) It's a large download. Installed on my comp it's just under 20GB.

Loggin's probably right though and all the patches will download with it at least. I didn't think of that since I downloaded it back in Dec before all the patches.

Aha! I see! Well that made things much more clear, I finally just bought it have some friends pursuaded me to :)

Anyhow, thanks for the help to the both of you! Much apriciated!

I see, so hopefully im good after this 11GB monster?

well , it might still other files after that one, but what i originaly meant was you will not have to download the patches separatly, it will all go in one download session.

Im lacking an F12 key!

Not really, however it would be fun if id actualy do it.

Its installing the game i guess, wich is at 6% so just gotta wait and see wich horrors that lies in the end of this grey Download/install bar!

Depending on your download speed, SWTOR is one of those "start the install/download and go to work/school/bed/a friend's house/on vacation" things. Unless you have a really fast download speed, you're not going to be playing within an hour or two of installing. I think my fastest install (Digital Download version) took 12 hours, back at launch.

Depending on your download speed, SWTOR is one of those "start the install/download and go to work/school/bed/a friend's house/on vacation" things. Unless you have a really fast download speed, you're not going to be playing within an hour or two of installing. I think my fastest install (Digital Download version) took 12 hours, back at launch.

"vacation".. i lol'd

i suggest a movie or three. gl and enjoy once its finished.

Think ill might go to bed soon actualy and thank you :)

Friend of mine said that he used around 7hours with a 16mbps. Knowing my net aint that good Ima pick up that work/bed/friend movie part. the thing is automatic anyways :)

Anyways, Im glad to see that there are alot of helpfull people out there, and im looking forward to testing this game :)

Well, from what I know now this is all thats going to be downloaded:

First DL: 1,5roughly GB

Second DL: 11,5 GB

Third DL: 400 MB

Fourth DL: 6,5ish GB

I went to bed as the 6,5 one started, so I have no idea at all if theres any more patches/DLs that one, however that "orange" loading bar was about halfway when the 6,5 GB dl started.

Anyways, tried the game and it looks to be my kind of game :) Hail the Siths!

Well, from what I know now this is all thats going to be downloaded:

First DL: 1,5roughly GB

Second DL: 11,5 GB

Third DL: 400 MB

Fourth DL: 6,5ish GB

I went to bed as the 6,5 one started, so I have no idea at all if theres any more patches/DLs that one, however that "orange" loading bar was about halfway when the 6,5 GB dl started.

Anyways, tried the game and it looks to be my kind of game :) Hail the Siths!

Welcome to TOR!