Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Far too many WZs ending early

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Far too many WZs ending early

jdi_knght
12.15.2011 , 12:46 PM | #11
The servers haven't been up all that long - there are a lot of players below level 10, and for many of the others, there's a large focus on levelling. During the betas, within a couple weeks there were constant healthy games except at the very-off-peak times (wee hours of the morning).

As long as they keep with the bolster system (don't make the mistake of moving to the bracket system), things will work themselves out within a couple weeks. If they do move to the bracket system at some point, what you're experiencing right now will become the norm for all brackets below 50 unless they add x-realm.

salamanderx
12.15.2011 , 01:30 PM | #12
Everyone is busy leveling right now, come back in a week at least.
MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU

Dustfinder
12.15.2011 , 01:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryalis View Post
You really shouldn't expect a whole lot out of PVP before launch. I never understood why so many jump right into PVP without capping first.
Actually it is rather smart of people to PVP like crazy while lower level. This way when they hit level cap they have medals etc to buy pvp gear so they have the upper hand. So many times in games have I seen people at lower levels go nuts with pvp that when they hit level cap they were unstoppable. It is all about thier playstyle really. No wrong way about it.

smohrchi
12.15.2011 , 01:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryalis View Post
Even with the big PVP games like CoD you have to play through the game before you can get into the PVP side of it. At least that's how my son presented it to me. I don't play console so not 100% sure. But when you put the CoD disk into the console for the first time. It doesn't drop you into a pvp queue. Instead you play threw the game.
Simply not true.

smohrchi
12.15.2011 , 01:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dustfinder View Post
Actually it is rather smart of people to PVP like crazy while lower level. This way when they hit level cap they have medals etc to buy pvp gear so they have the upper hand. So many times in games have I seen people at lower levels go nuts with pvp that when they hit level cap they were unstoppable. It is all about thier playstyle really. No wrong way about it.
Agreed. Not sure if you gain xp points while in wz's but if you do I'll do most of my leveling through pvp.

Evuke
12.15.2011 , 02:48 PM | #16
are people still getting full xp when the matches end early? i thought they fixed that