Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khaleg
08.31.2017 , 07:45 AM | #2531
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
I just wasted an hour listening to that podcast, OMG it's so dry and boring and those guys don't even ask followup questions to Eric's answers. The whole thing is staged and he gets the questions days before so he can talk to the Devs. Ok, fair enough, he needs to so he can provide answers. But the interviewers don't follow up on his answers to get more detail or pin him down when he gets vague.
One example is his response about 8 man ranked and it being canned because it had low participation because people needed to form premade teams of 8 before a match. He then said 4 man ranked would provide more participation because they only need to form a 4 man premade. So why the heck did they need to include a solo queue? Because they knew people would have trouble forming 4 man premades for grouped or that just one team would dominate the server and people would stop playing it. Bioware never even tried to add a solo queue to 8 man ranked and if they had it would have been just as successful as solo 4 man ranked was at the time.
My point is the interviewers should learn how to interview. they should have asked follow up questions, but like all of these sorts of things, it's staged to make Bioware look good and not to actually get real answers for the community. These guys are part of the influencer program and part of the problem, so it's no wonder we are in the situation we are now. They are yes men and basically tell Bioware what they want to hear instead of what players want.
I for one will never waste my time listening to one of their pod casts again. At least the badfeelingpodcast asks follow ups and even criticises Bioware to their face. So far the only interview I've ever seen done that really put the hard questions to Bioware is the one Snave did with Eric last year. It's probably why we haven't seen another because he tried to not let Eric off the hook when he tried to wiggle out of them. You could see Eric got uncomfortable and I doubt Snave will ever get another interview out of him. But it would be good if he could and also include Keith. Maybe then we could get some answers on the tough questions everyone keeps asking and not the propaganda answers Bioware half supplies.
Thank you, I guessed that after I've listened into the first few "hyper hyper all is cool and well and awesome" minutes. The info value seemed to be at a zero level like in any other ad you see on TV or elsewhere. I hate ads masqueraded as info....

NuSeC
08.31.2017 , 04:09 PM | #2532
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Thank you, I guessed that after I've listened into the first few "hyper hyper all is cool and well and awesome" minutes. The info value seemed to be at a zero level like in any other ad you see on TV or elsewhere. I hate ads masqueraded as info....
Yeah... that is why I asked dude for a link and he returned with an hour long episode of nothing and brown nosing with nothing actually pertaining to a fix.
3 server merges and a transfer later...
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
GM of <Blue Milk Dairy Farmers>
Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Bigolcritties - Sorc

fushnchips
08.31.2017 , 04:36 PM | #2533
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169776717

From 44m - 45:25 it might not be as clean cut as I thought but it does mention that something should be coming in the next roadmap or just after.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Ylliarus
08.31.2017 , 04:42 PM | #2534
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post

From 44m - 45:25 it might not be as clean cut as I thought but it does mention that something should be coming in the next roadmap or just after.
I hoooope it will be the announcement they are prepping for big server merges and potentially megaservers :3 would really make my day!
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Ratajack
08.31.2017 , 05:43 PM | #2535

Not as clean cut as you initially claimed is a HUGE understatement. In fact, it is not even as clear cut as you now claim.

First, Eric specifically says "IF" and NOT "when", when discussing server merges.

Second, he says only that he is "hopeful" that Keith may include something in the road map or shortly after, NOT that there will be, or even "should be", something in the road map, or even shortly after.

fushnchips
08.31.2017 , 05:44 PM | #2536
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Not as clean cut as you initially claimed is a HUGE understatement. In fact, it is not even as clear cut as you now claim.

First, Eric specifically says "IF" and NOT "when", when discussing server merges.

Second, he says only that he is "hopeful" that Keith may include something in the road map or shortly after, NOT that there will be, or even "should be", something in the road map, or even shortly after.
Rata you always have to get that post in ?
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Ratajack
08.31.2017 , 06:03 PM | #2537
Rata you always have to get that post in ?
Just making sure that the TRUTH gets out there.

If my posting of the truth offends you, you have the power to ensure that the truth is already out there.

BilaDAD
08.31.2017 , 11:36 PM | #2538
what server you talking about ? not the Bastion i bet it has 5k per week

Totemdancer
09.01.2017 , 01:16 AM | #2539
Quote: Originally Posted by BilaDAD View Post
what server you talking about ? not the Bastion i bet it has 5k per week
Do you mean 5k of players a week? That is being extremely generous. From my experiences 8 months ago on Bastion, I would say it's more like the same 100 people
Solution to Character Slots after Merger
Link to thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=934059

Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/lc5brk

Ylliarus
09.01.2017 , 07:10 AM | #2540
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Just making sure that the TRUTH gets out there.

If my posting of the truth offends you, you have the power to ensure that the truth is already out there.
Your truth? My truth? Bioware's truth? The one and only truth? Everyone always claims to know or have the truth... so if we all claim it, who actually has the truth in hands? Or... do we all hold a piece of the truth in our hands and see it as the one and only?
In this case, only Bioware holds the entire picture of this matter, so neither you or I can claim to be speaking the truth. We only presume to know it.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!