Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
07.31.2017 , 05:22 AM | #1631
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Watch server merge discussion thread again, and see that players want it!
Do you mean the same thread that shows many people do NOT want server merges?

Ratajack
07.31.2017 , 05:27 AM | #1632
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
Anyone that actually loves the game is not going to quit playing over a Legacy name. I just can't believe anyone that says they actually like the game but quit over that. sorry I just won't. The quality of life of the game has to be the bigger concern rather than just character and legacy names or even guild names. The ones that have had the names the longest should keep them, simple as that. It's fair.

I am also sick of the "just transfer" bs. IT DOESN'T HELP ANYTHING! The most populated server is The Harbinger and the queue times are TERRIBLE on it. So please tell me where is there to transfer to!? There isn't anywhere, period!. I will never care about solo players problems on an MMO. I just won't, go play a single-player game. I don't care if you think I am a ***** for it.
I wonder what players will do if BW chooses to add one or more new larger servers and let those that wish to play on a higher population server transfer to one of those new larger servers?

Will they choose to transfer to the "new megaserver" or will they choose to remain where they are, demanding server merges or cross server (even though we know that cross server will likely not be happening)?

Jedi_riches
07.31.2017 , 06:29 AM | #1633
I'm sick and tired of this. I'm sick of playing a dead game. Solo content is boring so yes this is a dead game to me.If I want to be a solo player then I will just go play a game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. This is a MMO it should feel like it. I am tired of sitting in hour long queues. The only pvp i do is GSF so the pvp queues for me takes forever as well.
I am giving them a few more months to get their heads out of the sand or I am gone too.
Feel free to use cheap transfers then, I am against forced server merges because not everyone want huge servers, at the moment those who want higher population servers CAN move and those that want quieter ones CAN move/stay on their servers.

But once server merges happen those that want quieter servers HAVE NOWHERE TO GO except out of the door and that really does nothing for the games overall population.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Khaleg
07.31.2017 , 06:39 AM | #1634
I'm sick and tired of this. I'm sick of playing a dead game. Solo content is boring so yes this is a dead game to me.If I want to be a solo player then I will just go play a game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. This is a MMO it should feel like it. I am tired of sitting in hour long queues. The only pvp i do is GSF so the pvp queues for me takes forever as well.
I am giving them a few more months to get their heads out of the sand or I am gone too.
Yep, totally agreed.

Khaleg
07.31.2017 , 06:54 AM | #1635
Quote: Originally Posted by ekwalizer View Post
They can, and have previously, handled guild assets (banks specifically). So this shouldn't be very difficult for them. Granted there are more "moving pieces" with a flagship than a bank. But the way it used to work was that the GL sent a ticket telling them where the guild was going and the DungeonMasters verified their assets and granted said assets on the destination server.

While a name purge is probably the easiest thing for them to do, wouldn't it be better to have them redesign the naming convention to something similar to what Cryptic uses? Then my main would be Ciks@Ekwalizer (on JC) and the @Ekwalizer could be hidable under options.

I don't have much of an opinion on RP servers, but it seems to me that one RP server should be enough. Considering the Player Vs Whatever is now an opt-in function at the player level there is definitely no reason to leave any PvP servers open (I haven't logged in longer than necessary to retain control of my guild in about a year so I don't know what has and has not transpired).

The NA servers are going to be a cakewalk compared to the EU servers.
Since this is just DATA we are speaking about here there should and must be more intelligent solutions to this, for a competent company that is. I believe when they send company mail to someone they don't send a guy via cab or whatever to the destination either. :-) We are not speaking about moving skyscrapers from one town to another here - it's freaking DATA and it's ridiculous that they don't have anyhting in place for that after 5+ years. Unbelievable it is my padawan. :-)

Jedi_riches
07.31.2017 , 06:58 AM | #1636
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
You seem to intentionally ignore or not even understand why this is not remotely a solution for many players, actually for all serious players who are involved with guilds+assets/strongholds/etc.. Read the damn thread before posting such ignorant nonsense please, because this uninformed bs just has one result: The feeling to "discuss" in a neverending/repeating loop of ignorance. You should talk to the worst person in this thread, Ratjerk or how he calls himself, he masters the same ignorance and lack of understanding like you, and that over and over. You might love him. Others like me have him on ignore...to raise the intellectual value of this thread.
I have read this thread actually, but the point is players complain about the lack of population but are not prepared to sacrifice ANYTHING to get it so they simply try to force the devs to merge the servers to have their 'cake and eat it' against the will of others who perfer no merges, these players do have a choice, after merges players have NO choice and in cases like mine it will likely end the game for me after a continuous sub of 5 years.

As for Ratajack, he simply speaks his mind I can appreciate that in a person as someone needs to speak out against the players with a sense of entitlement or to speak up against the more vocal element on the forum
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

merovejec
07.31.2017 , 07:01 AM | #1637
sadly you will probably get a warning for the post and it will be removed. all for just speaking the truth. The only thing that is not a pain in the *** is solo content.Everything else is just a pain to get a queue to pop for. It's been this way for almost 2 years now. There is no excuse for them to take this long to fix this issue.
Post is still up after 3 days so I dont think so, he didnt say anything wrong, just facts and what he thinks! As long as its constructive and adds to the discussion there is no point to remove it.

He does have a point ofc, if I were on a server with no pops of anykind and been paying for an MMO (multiplayer) game then I would be also pissed after 15 months!
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

merovejec
07.31.2017 , 07:03 AM | #1638
Quote: Originally Posted by shalea View Post
Or don't, The Progenitor is an RP server, As has been stated multiple times Some of us would rather stay on an RP server than be forced to move to a server Where we are likely to br trolled.
Well when you RP dont u do it in groups and instances? Are you doing it so publicly that its really open to trolls? I am for real I dont know how it works.
Beaten the game?

merovejec
07.31.2017 , 07:05 AM | #1639
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Keith,

how about keeping it simple: offer free characters transfers to all the players.

While it's not perfect, as not everything is transferred with a character, it would certainly help and would be a quite a decent mitigation with the current server population issue.

Then in the background you can nail down all the whole server migration and database consolidation issues.
One of the main issues are guildships and strongholds, you lose those when you server transfer your toons (well u keep decos from SH), also the names..... free transfers wont do!
Beaten the game?

IoNonSoEVero
07.31.2017 , 07:14 AM | #1640
The people who are complaining about lack of population and feel that their current servers are not a good fit do not want to change servers because of all the inherent complications, such as guild assets, strongholds, names, etc. Hey, those are all very legit concerns, because as players we all invest a lot of time/energy/sometimes real world money into the things that matter to us within the game.

However, they want server merges - which would force many other players to contend with those exact same complications - without thinking about how it would affect them, and how the new server may or may not be a good fit for them.

IMHO, if you want increased population - campaign with BW to make that easier in terms of guild assets, etc. so you *can* move somewhere you will be happier. But how fair is it to expect other players - many of whom will be irrelevant to you if the servers merge, because they won't be getting in those PvP/Ops/uprising queues or joining your guild - to be inconvenienced, lose some of *their* assets and names,and potentially be driven out of the game to potentially make *your* game better?