Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
07.29.2017 , 02:52 PM | #1551
Quote: Originally Posted by Otaktey View Post
If the European servers were combined with the US East Coast servers,
Then half of the European players would no longer play.

Turbine did exactly that with LOTRO and the connectivity was for some in Europe so bad they had no choice but to quit. My Kin at the time went from 50 or so regularly active players, to less than 20.

I believe that far too few people in corporate America understand just how pissed off it makes Europeans when we are treated as an ancillary afterthought to the needs of Americans. Treating as nothing more that "Queue Fodder" for American players would be a bad move.

The ONLY viable route to take IF Megaservers are the way forward is to have a European Megaserver.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Rockula
07.29.2017 , 02:57 PM | #1552
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Even in the interview I did, I said we are considering virtually everything in this thread, plus a ton of other technical details.
Keith---
Just gonna drop this here....
:-D
Brian - cohost of The Bad Feeling Podcast
<Has A Bad Feeling> and <Loves Twi'Leks and Spice> guilds on Star Forge

casirabit
07.29.2017 , 02:59 PM | #1553
1) He has already said no cross servers. How many times do you need to be told that until it sinks into your head.
(2) Throwing a temper fit and stomping your feet on the ground is not going to get your way
(3) Not all servers need merged
(4) He has already stated that there are issues they need to work out before any merger can happen, guilds being transferred intact, strongholds, legacy banks, outfit changers
(5) Not every player wants to be merged to another server. Some actually like their server as it has for the most part very nice people, so therefore not all players need to be merged. You might want it and some servers might need it but not all players need it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Rheshalea
07.29.2017 , 03:13 PM | #1554
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Then half of the European players would no longer play.

Turbine did exactly that with LOTRO and the connectivity was for some in Europe so bad they had no choice but to quit. My Kin at the time went from 50 or so regularly active players, to less than 20.

I believe that far too few people in corporate America understand just how pissed off it makes Europeans when we are treated as an ancillary afterthought to the needs of Americans. Treating as nothing more that "Queue Fodder" for American players would be a bad move.

The ONLY viable route to take IF Megaservers are the way forward is to have a European Megaserver.

All The Best

This.
I have a couple chars on an East Coast US server, and while the lag is usually not all that bad, I've only done a tiny bit of solo leveling there in what would be off-hours for the US players.
But yes, constant lag is one of the few things that would make me quit the game.

Revenaught
07.29.2017 , 03:43 PM | #1555
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
It is either server merges or cross-server queues! You to choose but the choice MUST be made, that what players NEED. You have to options but you have no option to ignore and doing nothing, please choose.
Good luck with making demands on what you feel they have to do with their game.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

Sareeph
07.29.2017 , 03:51 PM | #1556
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.
Just channel Serenity

menofhorror
07.29.2017 , 03:53 PM | #1557
This thread was a mistake.

Sareeph
07.29.2017 , 03:58 PM | #1558
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
At the very least you should narrow the options on where a new/inactive account can make a new character. Have a top 3 server choices based on region/population for the new player. Or at the very very least warn them that where they are making a toon on a virtually empty server.
This ^

Otaktey
07.29.2017 , 05:12 PM | #1559
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Even in the interview I did, I said we are considering virtually everything in this thread, plus a ton of other technical details.
Keith---

This is not true. There is a lot of dialog on cross server queuing in this thread. Many posts on this topic. You said in the pod cast that this was not going to happen. The word everything makes what you said not true.

ccooknineofive
07.29.2017 , 06:48 PM | #1560
For me this seems pretty much a no brainer,..Announce your new mega sever and allow players/guilds free transfers to the server. First come, first serve for names/etc. The benefits of a healthy game population on one mega server will breath much needed life back into the game. Leave the existing servers and allow all the players who will never be satisfied regardless of the decision to spend their days sulking in solitude.