Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Parkour-JP's Avatar


Parkour-JP
07.20.2017 , 02:23 PM | #1511
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Yeah this I can agree on for new players it can be a pain now that aside they need to lock down the servers that are not very healthy like new players can't make characters on that server. Below I posted a video link showing the most unhealthy server in NA and this type of server for a new player is very bad and the video can show you why.

Jung Ma is in a bad way
Had a quick scan through that video, but thats pretty bad on the population right there...thats the thing for both points, one the fact someone may start a character, get quite abit into it before realising that the population is low everywhere on that server and having to A) Transfer at a cost or B) Make a new character.

Same can go for the Server Tags, people may choose a server, thinking it doesn't really matter too much past the language and whether they like the name of the server, to only find out later on that there is a better choice for their style of play.

IntegrationArch's Avatar


IntegrationArch
07.20.2017 , 08:28 PM | #1512
We dont need server tags, BW has an instance of non pvp or pvp.

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
07.20.2017 , 11:04 PM | #1513
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Yeah this I can agree on for new players it can be a pain now that aside they need to lock down the servers that are not very healthy like new players can't make characters on that server. Below I posted a video link showing the most unhealthy server in NA and this type of server for a new player is very bad and the video can show you why.

Jung Ma is in a bad way
That is terrible. I've been on Bastion and it's been like that sometimes, of course it depends on the time of day. But even at peak times I've seen 10 people on the Bastion fleet, 4 on Korriban (SHs) and 6 on Cor (SHs). I jumped to end game sections like Odessen and found less than 10 people.

Jung Ma is bad and I think Bastion isnt far behind or may even be the same. It's a shame that YouTube vid didn't go to those areas I went to on Bastion to see how many are in Strong Holds or in End game.

Those servers should be closed to new players or people transferring to them. If new people roll on a server like that it gives the wrong impression of the game. They should also stop people transferring to them. Eventually the server dies from natural attrition and they can merge them because there aren't any active players. Then if people come back to the game and they've been moved it's not an issue because they've not been playing the game and should know changes can happen while they're away for long periods of time. I mean if they'd not left the game to start with, maybe the server would have stayed viable
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
07.20.2017 , 11:11 PM | #1514
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
That is terrible. I've been on Bastion and it's been like that sometimes, of course it depends on the time of day. But even at peak times I've seen 10 people on the Bastion fleet, 4 on Korriban (SHs) and 6 on Cor (SHs). I jumped to end game sections like Odessen and found less than 10 people.

Jung Ma is bad and I think Bastion isnt far behind or may even be the same. It's a shame that YouTube vid didn't go to those areas I went to on Bastion to see how many are in Strong Holds or in End game.

Those servers should be closed to new players or people transferring to them. If new people roll on a server like that it gives the wrong impression of the game. They should also stop people transferring to them. Eventually the server dies from natural attrition and they can merge them because there aren't any active players. Then if people come back to the game and they've been moved it's not an issue because they've not been playing the game and should know changes can happen while they're away for long periods of time. I mean if they'd not left the game to start with, maybe the server would have stayed viable
I left Bastion 2 years ago, I guess it's a ghost town now?
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
07.20.2017 , 11:38 PM | #1515
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I left Bastion 2 years ago, I guess it's a ghost town now?
If you still have any toons there go and have a look 😢
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
07.20.2017 , 11:45 PM | #1516
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
If you still have any toons there go and have a look 😢
That's sad, most of the ppl I've met there were nice.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Parkour-JP's Avatar


Parkour-JP
07.21.2017 , 04:26 AM | #1517
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegrationArch View Post
We dont need server tags, BW has an instance of non pvp or pvp.
I strongly disagree with this point, we do need server tags, i understand that there is now instances between PVE and PVP, however it can still be useful for people who may prefer PVP content to be able to go to the server that will be more common for it.

Although due to the instances I would find it quite reasonable to merge the 2 PVE and PVP servers together now.

HOWEVER for RP servers they certainly do require the tags to keep it a RP server, because now you'll have people joining that server unaware that it is made for RP, creating random names, and bunny hopping everywhere and creating guilds that have nothing to do with RP at all, and diluting the server designed for RP completely, which ruins it for all the RPers that have been around for years creating their characters there and paying money into the game which would eventually make some RP'ers leave if it hasn't already.

Now also let me say i'm not telling people NOT to join RP servers if they are not going to RP at all, they are not forced to RP, some people just like to be immersed in the world of others RP'ing around them which is just fine, but when you join an RP server, expecting RP and then later on down the road see so many guilds being advertised for PVE/PVP based guilds, you realise that they have no clue as to what kind of server they are on, and that is a problem.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
07.21.2017 , 10:21 AM | #1518
Quote: Originally Posted by Parkour-JP View Post
I strongly disagree with this point, we do need server tags, i understand that there is now instances between PVE and PVP, however it can still be useful for people who may prefer PVP content to be able to go to the server that will be more common for it.
So.. let's say they put the tags back on.......

I think everyone knows that The Harbinger is the most popular PvP server in NA these days. So.. putting the tags back on would mislead players seeking PvP as Harbinger has always been tagged as PvE. If they put the tags back... said players would be fooled into heading to Bastion, or PoT5, or Jung Ma.

You know what is helpful to new players entering an MMO? Actually spending 10 or 15 minutes searching the internet to find out where the PvP action is in SWTOR at this point in time. And I'm sorry.. but any player that cannot be bothered to do a tiny bit of research that is in their own best interests...... gets no sympathy from me.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
07.21.2017 , 02:37 PM | #1519
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
So.. let's say they put the tags back on.......

I think everyone knows that The Harbinger is the most popular PvP server in NA these days. So.. putting the tags back on would mislead players seeking PvP as Harbinger has always been tagged as PvE. If they put the tags back... said players would be fooled into heading to Bastion, or PoT5, or Jung Ma.

You know what is helpful to new players entering an MMO? Actually spending 10 or 15 minutes searching the internet to find out where the PvP action is in SWTOR at this point in time. And I'm sorry.. but any player that cannot be bothered to do a tiny bit of research that is in their own best interests...... gets no sympathy from me.
I think they should only apply the tag to certain servers like The Harbinger , The Ebon Hawk, The Red Eclipse but all the wasteland servers need to be locked down so people can't transfer or a new player can't create a toon on them those servers won't get better over time they are going to get worse so if a player wants to stay on his empty server they can but new players won't be joining them and that's how it should be because we have no cross server and as stated it's never coming.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
07.21.2017 , 03:18 PM | #1520
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
I think they should only apply the tag to certain servers like The Harbinger , The Ebon Hawk, The Red Eclipse but all the wasteland servers need to be locked down so people can't transfer or a new player can't create a toon on them those servers won't get better over time they are going to get worse so if a player wants to stay on his empty server they can but new players won't be joining them and that's how it should be because we have no cross server and as stated it's never coming.
I think they should clearly label those old PVP servers as very low population and require any character who chooses to create a character on, or transfer a character to, one of those servers to confirm that they understand it is a very low population server and they are not "accidentally" making a "bad choice".

I do not think they should "lock those servers down" and prevent people from creating new characters on them or transferring to them, though.