Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why was the DvsL event a one time thing only?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why was the DvsL event a one time thing only?

Transcendent
09.20.2019 , 02:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Apparently, it was only used to promote the current DvsL bacground sim that literally nobody cares about at all.
I came back after a break and I'm still none the wiser what all of the "The light side grows stronger" things mean. I only ran the DvsL event for two things;
  1. XP Boost gear.
  2. Shiny boxes to open for Cartel Market stuff.

By all means they can bring it back, I am in no way prepared to go through all of that all over again though. Not even if it auto completes my entire Cartel Market collections and unlocks it all legacy wide.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Stradlin
09.21.2019 , 08:11 AM | #22
Ultimately, TOR's endgame coud function much like Diablo 3's seasons witth pretty reasonable amount of dev sweat I think. It was almost there the 1st time around. It is so strange they basically pulled it off..and then moved away from it. And its not like such path was abandoned for the sake of something else - Nothing r was done to offer an alternatie or replacement.

Different DvsL seasons+Conquest could make a pretty fun and unique take of end game content.
:

ForfiniteStories
09.22.2019 , 09:35 AM | #23
The event forced players to play the entire game all over again in order to participate. Do you know how big this game is? Obviously, it didn't sit well with most people. I didn't participate; I certainly would have suffered a burnout if I did.

It was worse for me too, because I literally got to endgame at the time it happened. Thus, in my case, I was required to do the exact same everything I just did.

In the very least, they could have made the event retroactive. Instead, it ended up as an incentive to bring in more players to the game but at the cost of slapping the current player base at the time across the face.

DarthSpuds
09.22.2019 , 10:42 AM | #24
Ultimately, TOR's endgame coud function much like Diablo 3's seasons witth pretty reasonable amount of dev sweat I think
I managed just one "new season" with Diablo before I was bored to tears plying yet more of the same stuff I'd already played 4 times.

When the best a Game Compnay can come up with for end-game is Rinse Repeat Already Stale Content it really is just time to pull the plug.

Either on the current Devs who clearly have no imagination at all if that is all they can come up with; or on the game itself if that is all that can be afforded.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Stradlin
09.22.2019 , 12:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post

When the best a Game Compnay can come up with for end-game is Rinse Repeat Already Stale Content it really is just time to pull the plug.

Either on the current Devs who clearly have no imagination at all if that is all they can
DvsL and having it function like seasons in Diablo would be something no MMO I ever played has tried. If you wish to evaluate things based on how different and unique something is, I would guess it scores rather high on your chart. I'm kinda getting the imperssion you aren't here to discuss anything as much as droping ome thinly veiled " kill the game already!" two liners though.
:

Stradlin
09.22.2019 , 12:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
The event forced players to play the entire game all over again in order to participate.

Yup, SWTOR is awful this way. People playing TOR are..forced to..play the game as they play the game

Small wonder you got upset!

You didn't have to " play the entire game in order to participate"
Find reward tier suitable for you and aim for it. I enjoyed the event a great deal. Yet, few of the highest tiers (raid stuff iirc) was something i simply immediately noped out of due to not really enjoying any of that stuff. In no way did this ruin the event for me or keep me away from some really cool rewards.
:

DarthSpuds
09.22.2019 , 06:03 PM | #27
DvsL and having it function like seasons in Diablo would be something no MMO I ever played has tried.
But it would still just be them asking us to play stuff that was stale 5 years ago for a "new" reward or cosmetic.

Far less Dev time and money can be used by adding that "reward" or cosmetic to the Store and selling it to us.

At least that won't be pretending to be new content.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

jimmorrisson
09.30.2019 , 03:54 PM | #28
My theory is that the Dark versus Light event of Summer 2016 - of which dropped rare crate and legacy gear, was to program us for Fall 2016's 5.0

Just as Ossus was meant to condition us for 6.0. Video game psychology tricks are now being used by businesses such as Uber to control their drivers.