Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

TrixxieTriss
09.01.2019 , 09:36 PM | #1
I’ve been reading the PTS feed back and keeping updated on what’s happening on the PTS.

All the new gearing, lvling, Bolster (pvp), crafting costs, RNG drops and some of class changes are completely unappealing to me and it would seem to many others on the PTS feed back forums. (I suggest everyone have a read through). Also there lots more grind than now, even for crafting, which is completely stupid

I’m sure the story and content will probably be good. But if those systems surrounding the content are bad, it doesn’t matter how good the content is, people will leave again like they did in 5.0 if the rest of the experience isn’t enjoyable.

I really hope Bioware are REALLY listening to the constructive feed back being given to them on the PTS and not paying it lip service. Just about everything needs major changes to it (which isn’t a good sign).

At this point, I won’t be resubbing (even to get the new race). I want to come back and have fun, not work harder than the game is now (which is partly why I’ve left).
I’m sure I’m not alone feeling like this or with this assessment.

Bioware please, please don’t destroy the game again like you did for 5.0. I don’t think it can survive another horrible expansion (due to the systems you introduce). The playing systems are the foundation for the great content to sit on. If the foundations are weak, it won’t matter how good the content is if the game play systems make people leave again.

If this is “Play your way”, then play your way is a mistruth. “Play your way” will become a meme for changing to another game.

Batwer
09.01.2019 , 10:04 PM | #2
They will do it as they always do. They take note of the feedback and ignore it. The PTS is only there to recognize bugs. They will go through it. BW just.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

DarthCasus
09.01.2019 , 10:08 PM | #3
I agree wholeheartedly. For years, I've watched close friends I've made ingame and across others lose interest and eventually leave, never to return because of the changes they've made and while I'll acknowledge the good progress they've made in lieu of QoL suggestions, the gameplay and communities have suffered greatly. 6.0 so far is not looking like something anyone from my now dead (RIP 2014-2019, they were good to me) guild of casuals would look back at. It's not something my hardcore raid enthusiast friends would care for. It's not much for my dwindling group of RP friends/acquaintances/partners (where are those emotes and non-bank busting outfits!?) And it isn't shaping out to be anything more than adding a gimmick to an unnecessarily over-complicated gearing system STILL laced with RNG and presented as a good thing.

I resubbed a while back to be ready for September and my sub lapses before October so I'll at least get the thing I do care most about at this point; a new skin, I mean species, to play as. If they were far more active in conversation instead of posting something and letting it marinate, that'd be amazing. It's just frustrating now. Worst part is I see them dropping it, giving 1 update to deal with some bugs while not adjusting according to feedback they most likely will have had since PTS and going on a long vacation again. They have time to pick up the pace but I'm already feeling defeated.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

IoNonSoEVero
09.01.2019 , 10:18 PM | #4
If they really go through with it, I think it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game. It's sad. Even without doing ops and group content, I'm wondering again if one's even going to be able to get through the story content and flashpoint with 248-252 gear, or be forced into that nightmare RNG shell game that seems to yield nothing.

Onderon and Mek-Sha might be visually intriguing, but there's nothing I've seen with the gear, crafting, changed level sync or nerfed companions, that is going to inspire me to extend my subscription. Right now I'm paid up through the release date they've given but I can't envision myself extending beyond that if they don't drastically change what they plan.

TrixxieTriss
09.01.2019 , 10:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
If they really go through with it, I think it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game. It's sad. Even without doing ops and group content, I'm wondering again if one's even going to be able to get through the story content and flashpoint with 248-252 gear, or be forced into that nightmare RNG shell game that seems to yield nothing.

Onderon and Mek-Sha might be visually intriguing, but there's nothing I've seen with the gear, crafting, changed level sync or nerfed companions, that is going to inspire me to extend my subscription. Right now I'm paid up through the release date they've given but I can't envision myself extending beyond that if they don't drastically change what they plan.
It seems the green lvl 75 gear isn’t as good as the 258 +240 augmented gear. Not sure if this is the same in the story lvling, but it is in other aspects of the game.

And even crafting that green gear will be so expensive and time consuming that no one in their right mind will do it.

Rolodome
09.01.2019 , 10:36 PM | #6
I really feel like I should go look on PTS to see for myself, but I feel like it's just going to bum me out.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

IoNonSoEVero
09.01.2019 , 10:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It seems the green lvl 75 gear isn’t as good as the 258 +240 augmented gear. Not sure if this is the same in the story lvling, but it is in other aspects of the game.

And even crafting that green gear will be so expensive and time consuming that no one in their right mind will do it.
That is good to know. I haven't been able to get anyone into 258s because I don't have thousands of UCs to meet that bad exchange rate for crystals and I will not be forced into group content. So hopefully 252s will be good enough. If not, I just won't be able to finish the expac, I guess.

I thought the crafting recipes for Ossus were absurd, but those new ones look even worse, and I didn't think that would be possible.

TrixxieTriss
09.01.2019 , 11:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
They will do it as they always do. They take note of the feedback and ignore it. The PTS is only there to recognize bugs. They will go through it. BW just.
I’ve started playing WoW classic and even though it’s grindy in some parts and makes you work for stuff, the systems are not complicated and the game play is enjoyable. It’s why every server theyve so far released is full and why people are queuing to get into the game (some for 8 hours with 9000 people ahead of them in the queue , depending on time and region. I actually saw one screen shot where someone had 21,000 players ahead of them). In fact it’s so popular that the full retail version of WoW has become a ghost town and prices on the Auction house have plummeted.

Blizzard restrained themselves from opening extra servers, but have been forced to add about 20+ more because of demand. It’s even increased Blizzard stock prices https://www.wowhead.com/news=294755/...sic-wow-launch
Of course some of this is hype and some people will leave, but I think it will be a year at least till they need to start merging any servers and at this point, they could probably open more and fill those up too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm..._but_you_dont/

There are now meme’s going around about the head of Blizzard saying to players at Blizzcon, “you think you do, but you don’t”.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XRuGFW-2m84
He’s had to eat humble pie because he didn’t listen to what the players really want.

Now I’m not saying Bioware should release classic swtor, but they should actually listen to what players want instead of being a Ben “RNG is Exciting” Irving developer.

TrixxieTriss
09.01.2019 , 11:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I really feel like I should go look on PTS to see for myself, but I feel like it's just going to bum me out.
I’ve unsubbed, so I can’t. I’m only still on the forums till my cookie access runs out. But if I could, I think it would depress me too.

Bioware continue to shoot off their proverbial foot and then shoot off their arms and legs to see if that helps.
https://imgur.com/gallery/83UDR
http://championsandheroes.smackjeeve...ety-violation/

AaronJamesD
09.01.2019 , 11:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ve been reading the PTS feed back and keeping updated on what’s happening on the PTS.

All the new gearing, lvling, Bolster (pvp), crafting costs, RNG drops and some of class changes are completely unappealing to me and it would seem to many others on the PTS feed back forums. (I suggest everyone have a read through). Also there lots more grind than now, even for crafting, which is completely stupid

I’m sure the story and content will probably be good. But if those systems surrounding the content are bad, it doesn’t matter how good the content is, people will leave again like they did in 5.0 if the rest of the experience isn’t enjoyable.

I really hope Bioware are REALLY listening to the constructive feed back being given to them on the PTS and not paying it lip service. Just about everything needs major changes to it (which isn’t a good sign).

At this point, I won’t be resubbing (even to get the new race). I want to come back and have fun, not work harder than the game is now (which is partly why I’ve left).
I’m sure I’m not alone feeling like this or with this assessment.

Bioware please, please don’t destroy the game again like you did for 5.0. I don’t think it can survive another horrible expansion (due to the systems you introduce). The playing systems are the foundation for the great content to sit on. If the foundations are weak, it won’t matter how good the content is if the game play systems make people leave again.

If this is “Play your way”, then play your way is a mistruth. “Play your way” will become a meme for changing to another game.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I enjoy everything they have implemented and hope they keep it a slow grind to gear.