Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My gearing comparison pre/post 6.0 (as it sits on PTS) - long post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
My gearing comparison pre/post 6.0 (as it sits on PTS) - long post

ZeroTypeR's Avatar


ZeroTypeR
09.21.2019 , 10:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
I've seen many people post they want more of a challenge. The usual replies were generally "store your companion" or take off your gear.

I am curious to see how many people will be complaining about it vs. singing the praises of the increased difficulty.
It won't be me complaining, I assure you (I know; you say that now, but you haven't tried it yet.). I've already played, and still play at times, the most difficult - unfriendly - unsoloable story mode that I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, Guild Wars 2 story, not raid, not flashpoint, but story. GW2 story is so difficult, that even at max level and gold gear, I die repeatedly at lv 35 and beyond; the one story I couldn't finish, and that was 'supposedly' designed to be soloable. Plus you also get no companions, aside from one class (and it certainly doesn't heal you.).

So in conclusion, I'm already well prepared for 6.0's difficulty, because I highly doubt it will be as bad as GW2's.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.21.2019 , 11:38 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
Guild Wars 2 story, not raid, not flashpoint, but story.
Is the GW2 story enjoyable to do?
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

ZeroTypeR's Avatar


ZeroTypeR
09.21.2019 , 11:49 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Is the GW2 story enjoyable to do?
I has it's moments, but is nowhere near the level of enjoyment that you'd get from SWTOR's story. I think the highest I got to before jumping ship to this game was lv 45-50 in the story (GW2 was not designed for solo players at all.).

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
09.21.2019 , 01:14 PM | #34
GW2 single player has decent cutscenes but nothing like SWTOR. Fun fact: Logan Thackery has the same VA as Theron Shan. I think it has a great grouping system when you're out and about in the world. I like that everyone gets something after downing an event boss. They also have daily login rewards. The Living World story is an ongoing yearly evolving event. It dramatically changes key areas of the world. I have so many good things to say about GW2, especially the fact that Areanet devs are always on the forums. Highly recommend GW2. Only thing that sucks is that it's not Star Wars.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.21.2019 , 08:22 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
GW2 single player has decent cutscenes but nothing like SWTOR. Fun fact: Logan Thackery has the same VA as Theron Shan. I think it has a great grouping system when you're out and about in the world. I like that everyone gets something after downing an event boss. They also have daily login rewards. The Living World story is an ongoing yearly evolving event. It dramatically changes key areas of the world. I have so many good things to say about GW2, especially the fact that Areanet devs are always on the forums. Highly recommend GW2. Only thing that sucks is that it's not Star Wars.
GW2 is good. In many ways it has better systems than WoW or swtor. What let’s it down is some of the main story interactions, which are static reading at the lower lvls. I don’t know about the higher ones.
If it was Star Wars it wouldn’t matter, I would play it without the voice acting or cut scenes. The only thing I seriously don’t like about the game is the task bar UI and not being able to customise it the way I want. If I could do that and it had interactive cut scenes like swtor, I would play it more.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.21.2019 , 08:24 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
I has it's moments, but is nowhere near the level of enjoyment that you'd get from SWTOR's story. I think the highest I go to before jumping ship to this game was lv 45-50 in the story (GW2 was not designed for solo players at all.).
The good thing is you don’t need to join a group as you get other people doing stuff in the same area and you kind of help each other because everyone gets the kills and objectives even if you aren’t grouped. It’s one thing I really like about GW2, no ninjas

tejfoloslangos's Avatar


tejfoloslangos
09.22.2019 , 02:51 AM | #37
Wow i got headache just by reading it. Best post about 6.0 yet for me.
[╬╬╬||(o)||╬╬█Ξ█████████████████████████
FREE 7 DAY SUB + OTHER GOODIES

ZeroTypeR's Avatar


ZeroTypeR
09.22.2019 , 12:40 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The good thing is you don’t need to join a group as you get other people doing stuff in the same area and you kind of help each other because everyone gets the kills and objectives even if you aren’t grouped. It’s one thing I really like about GW2, no ninjas
Very true and on that note GW2 is a very awesome game. However, story mode itself is instanced, which means unless you invite another player, you are effectively on your own when trying to clear story mode mission(s).

It's not bad in the beginning, but once you get to certain levels in the story, the content becomes ridiculously difficult, like master mode Kotfe/et, difficult. Combine that with, no healing companions, no potions, very little self healing, and story mode quickly becomes a nightmare to deal with as a solo player.

Darev's Avatar


Darev
09.23.2019 , 04:44 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by tejfoloslangos View Post
Wow i got headache just by reading it. Best post about 6.0 yet for me.
Thanks.
Hopefully when PTS comes up there are some positive changes/improvements (less RNG from the vendors)
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.