IO in 6.0

Rion_Starkiller

My IO merc will probably be the next toon I gear up. Has anyone played around with Tacticals and Set Bonuses?

I am most curious about this one:

Continuous Fire

Sweeping Blasters and Death From Above refresh and tick your Incendiary Missile burn and Serrated Shot bleed. This effect can only occur once every 2.5 seconds.

Does it refresh DoTs on the first tick? I am thinking about clipping Sweeping Blasters to refresh the DoT on a single target. I think it will save a tremendous amount of heat and GCD's.

I will probably pair that Tactical with this Set Bonus:

Concentrated Fire

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Gaining a stack of Supercharge increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

(6) Doing damage or healing an ally has a 5% chance to build a Supercharge, and can only occur once every 3 seconds. After activating Supercharged Gas, your next Rail Shot or Mag Shot critically hits.

What do you think? Thoughts/Opinions on IO in 6.0?

PS - I am no IO expert, but I have always admired and respected this spec -- and I intend to master it in 6.0.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I got fully geared IO with Concentrated Fire and the mag sharpel tatical

IO is a high skill cap version of merc cause the rotation needs to account for heat and if you go to far your auto attacking for awhile when mastered IO is better than Arsenal it just the skill floor is much lower.

Edited by Kinsal

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that tactical is super good. Refresh dots easy peasy on targets, can pull silly numbers and save heat. I use it to refresh dots after your last mag shot where your missile and serrated dots come, then once again after unload as filler to refresh because it's risky just using it where you'd reapply dots as you could easily lose them and have to reapply them normally.

I also let it tick twice sometimes to keep the damage and gcd time the same as a powershot and an incendiary missile and serrated shot combo

I think for outright damage for a burst and aoe burst rotation energised charges probably parses a bit higher and magnetised shrapnel is nice as you can use dart and detonator in your rotation but yeah, continuous fire is very good

Edited by dinokdorg

Yeah, that tactical is super good. Refresh dots easy peasy on targets, can pull silly numbers and save heat. I use it refresh dots after your last mag shot where your missile and serrated dots come, then once again after unload as filler to refresh because it's risky just using it where you'd reapply dots as you could easily lose them and have to reapply them normally.

I also let it tick twice sometimes to keep the damage and gcd time the same as a powershot and an incendiary missile and serrated shot combo

I think for outright damage for a burst and aoe burst rotation energised charges probably parses a bit higher and magnetised shrapnel is nice as you can use dart and detonator in your rotation but yeah, continuous fire is very good

I find myself using Continuous fire a lot in mobs/aoe situations (holy sweet yellow damage numbers :D) but I find it risky to use it in a long fight ... Ill have to try your Sweeping Blaster "clipping" method, would take a while to get used to tho :3

• 2 weeks later...
I got fully geared IO with Concentrated Fire and the mag sharpel tatical

IO is a high skill cap version of merc cause the rotation needs to account for heat and if you go to far your auto attacking for awhile when mastered IO is better than Arsenal it just the skill floor is much lower.

How is the burst in PVP with that set & tactical?