Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Choke Point"...

Moorgard
02.02.2012 , 11:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyriel View Post
To the left where the friendly soldiers are standing there are a few barrels, you use these to get out of sight of enemies.
This was the key to the fight.

I tried this quest at level 29 several times and died miserably. Went away and got 30, came back to face the same result with both Vette and Quinn.

Then I read this thread and started each wave behind the barrels, only coming out after the soldiers had built up decent aggro. The fight was a piece of cake.

In the first wave, I let the soldiers do almost all the work.

In the second, I let the main quest guy kill one of the tougher dudes and killed the other myself.

In the third wave, I let the quest dude start the fight and then jumped in. I hardly drew aggro at all.

Using those barrels made a night and day difference.

Holohona
02.02.2012 , 02:20 PM | #12
I did at 29 with vette as a Marauder Annihilation spec.

Just move the fight back to the NPC's and heal to full between waves.

VDubb
02.13.2012 , 11:03 PM | #13
Heck, just hide and let Lt. Dargus handle if you want. He can't die, so he can pretty much do all the waves solo for you.

- VDubb

Smuglebunny
03.13.2012 , 11:05 AM | #14
Is this mara only?

Cuz Im a jugg and am long done with Alderaan, and I dont even recall this. I am now lvl 36. I dont remember anything difficult on Alderaan.

Stabalicious
03.13.2012 , 11:29 AM | #15
I'm not sure which quest it is but I have come across several quests that are challenging. Either do it later at a higher level or try to balance out out the damage you take by sending in your companion first and then you go in and take aggro away at the right time to kill the boss or mobs. Sometimes you have to approach the fight a certain way too. Not just which companion you have but also how you enage the fight.
In addition, someone already mentioned but have your stims, and medpacks.

Totenleider
04.30.2012 , 01:16 PM | #16
Yeh, like Vdubb said, you can stay behind the stacked barrels and the quest guy will kill the mobs for you. I did, however, come out to kill the droids and the final boss- which were quite easy given that me and vette had full health and all abilities were ready to use.

XRayTiger
05.17.2015 , 01:32 PM | #17
I am very happy to have found this thread. After getting my head handed to me three times in a row with my Sith Marauder (level 32 first two tries, then level 33), I followed the advice found here. I stayed behind the barrels, coming out only to use "Disable Droid" on any incoming droids (second and third groups).

When the Captain sang my accolades, calling me a "war machine", I had to laugh, as all I did was stand and watch... then take all the credit. Hmm...

atofinado
07.21.2015 , 02:47 AM | #18
This quest have a stupid coding behind it, die in the last enemy to reset the whole quest, lovely, i can't take Bioware stench from my armor now, no matter how many times my droid wash it.

JeanettaCorrigan
10.20.2015 , 02:51 AM | #19
This is another one of those quests where the game designers try to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they hate the players, hate fun, hate life and can make worse missions than any other game designers working today.