Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Choke Point"...

Aleeha
12.22.2011 , 12:49 AM | #1
Has anyone had trouble with this quest? Either I get smoked within the first wave pretty quickly, or the two droids just kick my butt... Now I've noticed that my pet - Vette - is having a very hard time staying in battle and keeping on targets unless I'm targeting for her. But with as many as 8+ mobs on the screen at once, I've got my hands full as is..

Kricys
12.22.2011 , 12:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
Has anyone had trouble with this quest? Either I get smoked within the first wave pretty quickly, or the two droids just kick my butt... Now I've noticed that my pet - Vette - is having a very hard time staying in battle and keeping on targets unless I'm targeting for her. But with as many as 8+ mobs on the screen at once, I've got my hands full as is..
Take out Quinn.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

Aleeha
12.22.2011 , 01:17 AM | #3
Yeah, tried that, died faster with him and his no dps annoying brown nosing... I am seriously starting to not enjoy this class with all the problems with targeting and pets not being able to stay in battle..

relayinabox
12.22.2011 , 01:26 AM | #4
It can be challenging. I found it easy enough though if you pull the waves back far enough that the friendly NPCs engage them. Especially when you get to the droids -- pull back all the way to the tents if you have to, and let the droids target the NPCs for a breather.

I did the quest with Quinn, had no problems with it after the NPCs actually started being useful. Just don't stand too close to the cave exit, otherwise you'll get killed in seconds when the two droids spawn. Pull your companion off "attack" and to "passive" when you're retreating back, and they should survive.... as long as their health isn't already down too low.

And a bit of a spoiler on the waves, too -

Spoiler
(You Can Follow the Light/ΞΞThe Harbinger/The Ebon HawkΞΞ\Or You Can Fall to the Dark)

Anarachis
12.22.2011 , 01:30 AM | #5
I blew through this quest, but I am Immortal specced, the npcs will heal you if you are close enough.
The Tavarus Legacy

"Only a fool seeks a quarrel with a Tavar"

Aethyriel
12.22.2011 , 01:42 AM | #6
Pretty easy with following tactic;

Preperations:

- Use Vette
- have a medpac or two ready
- if you have one, use a presence-stim

tactic:

To the left where the friendly soldiers are standing there are a few barrels, you use these to get out of sight of enemies. Have Vette focus one enemy at a time down, she should be able to kill almost all standart mobs by herself if you equipped her a bit (of course, stims that increase presence work nicely here). Before Vette goes down take her back, have her los the enemies as well and wait for them to come or just charge into the last wave. Repeat this.

Second wave I think you face two strong opponents at once, just have the soliders "tank" one of them and kill the other one, cloak of pain, obfuscate, saber ward etc can and should be used and of course, medpacs, you can also use call on the force, the elite in the 3rd wave is easily done without CotF.

When annihilation specced you can be a little bit more offensive, whenever you have 30 rage (use cd, dot and watch your health get back up), don't forget to force choke stronger opponents for 3 sec without taking dmg and always interrupt the abilities with a cast time.
Had no problems on lv 28 with this at all after I wiped the first time charging in recklessly, because I didn't think there would be waves ;o

Now the real problem was acutally beating the stupid Jedi on Hutta afterwards, phase 1 is easy, phase 2 doable with cotf and luck (or a higher lv), 3 is basically 2 and afterwards there is another fight that is managable... would recommend to bring a friend though for less frustration.

errant_knight
12.25.2011 , 01:13 PM | #7
Vette survives a lot better if you tank for her against the most powerful opponents (she didn't die until just before I did), but I still haven't been able to get past the final opponent in the third wave. Just got there and died a few minutes ago. That was mostly because I wasn't expecting it (should have, Bioware loves threes) and didn't wait for all my abilities to recharge. I'm taking a break before I go back in because, for me, being without a speeder, it's very irritating to have to run all the way back to the cave repeatedly.

The first few times I got booted from this, I thought it was a bug, because I wasn't dead for the first time (now, that was a bug) and the lag was so bad, I was still showing health when I got booted and showed dead. Eventually, I sussed it out, though.

Freekout
12.30.2011 , 11:39 PM | #8
Impossible quest at level, gotta probably be 32 or so.

abishe
12.31.2011 , 12:38 AM | #9
not to troll, i just happends to done that quest yesterday on my Level 35 Mara, and failed 3 times.

the key is not getting to much agression, and sacrifice 1 of you'r companions
and use dark channeling before talking to the commander.
other then that their is just nothing more you can do.
a merc will have done it without breaking a sweat.

Darth-Malice
12.31.2011 , 01:55 AM | #10
I had trouble to that one, its what made me switch from Carnage too Annihilation. The Dot heals really saved me.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)