Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

JohnAntilles
03.05.2012 , 12:17 PM | #1
So apparently, according to an article posted here :http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

Bounty Hunters (and presumably Troopers) will be getting a nerf.

What do you guys think this nerf will entail? A slight CD time on Tracer missile? Less damage on it?
Tiberius Zahn ||| Advanced Prototype ||| The Bastion
"My vengeance was never in question. The Sith have simply made it profitable."

MrSIlverSurfing
03.05.2012 , 12:19 PM | #2
The way they posted it. It will be a heavy nerf.

thamightyboro
03.05.2012 , 12:26 PM | #3
I want to know what it is.

Whats the point in leveling up a BH if its about to be hit by a huge nerf.

As BW feel its in such a final stage that the press can be told about it then I as a paying player would like to know.

I doubt its Tracer as wouldnt that then mean trooper grav round would be getting the same treatment yet isnt mentioned, or was it not mentioned so that the QQ could not start.

As a hybrid PT not bothered personally by tracer/grav IMO its not OP anyway just no skill noobs QQ'n rather than just LOS them.
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

MrSIlverSurfing
03.05.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4
Well the way they put it out there, I'm guessing it will be a huge nerf. They didn't mention just a tree restructuring for BHs, but they used the word nerf! I haven't seen them be that blatent before, so well see. I like this game, but not rolling another alt. I'll just drop my subscription. I'm a healing speced nerf, so it probably wont hit me bad, but feel sorry for others.

JakeDawg
03.05.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5
It's well known that the best PVP class is currently tank-spec'd Assassin, followed closely by marauders and operatives.

Why would they nerf BH's????

BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 12:47 PM | #6
The statement makes me think that BH is going to get nerfed on all fronts, healing, dps and tanking.

Wish a dev would come in and give us some clarity before everybody hits the QQ-OMG-BBQ-SAUCE button.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and its no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

dudexx
03.05.2012 , 12:51 PM | #7
my guess is that since it doesnt mention troopers that it is an animation nerf. We will have the same animations delay like them.

MrSIlverSurfing
03.05.2012 , 12:52 PM | #8
Well my son plays a Sorcerer and can out heal me all day long. If they nerf bodyguard healing then this X Bioware fanboy is going to be saving $15 per month. I don't mind class balance and actually encourage it, but BHs single target DPS isn't that great. Their AOE DPS is their bread and butter. If they nerf their DPS to much then who would want a DPS speced BH in their group?

MrSIlverSurfing
03.05.2012 , 12:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dudexx View Post
my guess is that since it doesnt mention troopers that it is an animation nerf. We will have the same animations delay like them.
If it were just an animation change it wouldn't be a nerf. I think this is gonna sting! Buffing warriors/knights? Really?

Achyuta
03.05.2012 , 01:02 PM | #10
Not a nerf... it's called balancing... I am always for balancing because I don't feel one class should be a lot better than another. Believe me, I don't want BH getting nerfed because I love the pvp numbers I put up every wz match, but if it means that some of the things I hate get balanced, then so be it!
Master Khaz Kishu
Star Forge