Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ y u no fix jugg/guardian dps survivability?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ y u no fix jugg/guardian dps survivability?!

vaelphor
02.20.2012 , 11:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Semitote View Post
This is the four-piece PvE set bonus.
that's what gave me the idea for it... i have my 4 piece rakata for pve, and i found myself using saber throw a ton in operations which made playing a jugg feel less clunky at times (especially when rage starved).
Sxes
< Ruinnation >

The Bastion

Nitrosnwbrdr
02.20.2012 , 05:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by vaelphor View Post

Their solution was to have Force Push reset the CD on Force Charge/Force Leap in patch 1.1.0 which was 3 patches ago (9 with small patches and hotfixes).
Not to say that they can't be kited easily... he never did say it was patch 1.1.0. His exact quote was a later patch. Later patch could be months away.

vaelphor
02.20.2012 , 08:53 PM | #13
my concern is that it was brought up awhile ago, and since then, there have been patches that included buffs and mostly nerfs to other classes, and yet we still have no clue how the jugg issues are being addressed if they are at all.

if they've identified an issue, and they address it's a concern they want to fix, yet there is little to no information it in the meantime regarding how or when they'll get it to a good place, then the issue is still persisting with them knowing it's not where it should be.

also, when classes are OP, they get nerfed in a timely manner (sometimes too much of a nerf though), but when a class is lacking, they say they are aware of it, but do nothing to fix it in a timely manner? that's my gripe.
Sxes
< Ruinnation >

The Bastion

Mapex
02.20.2012 , 09:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by vaelphor View Post
my concern is that it was brought up awhile ago, and since then, there have been patches that included buffs and mostly nerfs to other classes, and yet we still have no clue how the jugg issues are being addressed if they are at all.

if they've identified an issue, and they address it's a concern they want to fix, yet there is little to no information it in the meantime regarding how or when they'll get it to a good place, then the issue is still persisting with them knowing it's not where it should be.

also, when classes are OP, they get nerfed in a timely manner (sometimes too much of a nerf though), but when a class is lacking, they say they are aware of it, but do nothing to fix it in a timely manner? that's my gripe.
They've explained a few times on the forums and via Q&A blogs the following things:

1) They are in post-launch bug fixing mode. Major balance changes and content updates will be reserved for major content patches. Wait until 1.2 to see more drastic changes to all of the classes.

2) They will prioritize changing any abusive mechanics that break gameplay and make the game unfun for other players, yes, but everything else will have to wait. For instance, being 4 shotted by an Operative/Scrapper? Not fun, so they got nerfed with no compensation (yet).

However, healer ACs having a crazy easy PvE leveling experience thanks to healing + 60 sec CC? Doesn't really break the game for other players so nothing will change until 1.2 earliest. Most likely the other classes will be given tools to perform equally in the same situations but it's not a pressing matter by any means.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

bahugboto
02.21.2012 , 01:18 AM | #15
The concept of kitting is not to get out of certain range, it's to get out of their melee range period, even if they closed you down with force charge, a smart pvper will always be able to exploit a guardians dependency on melee attacks and lack of mobility, and to add to the fact that the tanking tree is virtually useless in PVP, apart from the second shield you get, even so overall a pure tank is weak for it's slightly above average survivability but abysmal DPS, IMO the tanking tree should be upgraded period to give the guardian more survivability especially in pvp situations but leave the dps alone for now. The Guardian properly spec should be the best tank in the game period, bar none, given their Dps liability, their range vulnerability and such. A few simple fix would be to provide a tanking guardian an ability that makes enure not reduce your minimum HP upon retirement, and have a spec that gives both shields reduced cooldown, and making shield generators actually useful in pvp. That way a tank can be a tank, and people will actually start speccing in tanks instead of getting fake guardian tankers for ops, Hm etc, pretending they are able to tank just because they can taunt.