Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theorycrafting Assumptions

deaday
12.22.2014 , 04:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
I mistyped, and meant to say "tooltip." I've written a lot of code today, and I'm an engineer, not a computer scientist

Any way you look at it, it's all sorts of screwy, but I am fairly certain that my findings are correct, though there is some possibility I'm wrong on the melee boost. However, after ~250 hits with and without the buff, I'm fairly certain my averages should suffice for Saber Strike.
Ah, I see! That makes it clear.
I also happen to be sort of an engineer. (Well, a software engineer. But I wouldn't call what we're doing with software today "engineering"). Still not a computer scientist either

I can only confirm that the Force and AoE boosts are correct, but I've not yet tested the others. I am still in the process of levelling all my characters up to 60, which I wanna finish before any major theorycrafting / testing.

Aelanis
12.22.2014 , 04:10 PM | #12
Still mildly on topic:

The code is written. I don't know if it works yet, because I forgot that this computer no longer has a c++ compiler installed on it, so I'm downloading one I've used before now. I'll hopefully be able to work out the bugs from the code and get some solid answers by the end of tonight.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

KeyboardNinja
12.22.2014 , 04:39 PM | #13
The code is written. I don't know if it works yet, because I forgot that this computer no longer has a c++ compiler installed on it, so I'm downloading one I've used before now.
Oh godů
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Aelanis
12.22.2014 , 04:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Oh godů
I know right? And I was telling myself that I'd get this done today.
The Shadowlands

Aelanis
12.22.2014 , 05:44 PM | #15
And now I remember why I let this stuff download overnight, usually. This may not get done until the 26th or so, when I'm meeting up with a few friends who code in C++ for a living.
The Shadowlands

IInox
12.22.2014 , 05:48 PM | #16
Is not enough excel man? And easier (well at eat for me because I'm not a programmer or so.. Just a mechanic engineer )

stavrakas
12.22.2014 , 06:49 PM | #17
What's the big deal downloading a C++ compiler? :P Eclipse is like a 165mb download.

Edit: Unless you mean that the debugging is gonna take a long time

Aelanis
12.22.2014 , 07:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by stavrakas View Post
What's the big deal downloading a C++ compiler? :P Eclipse is like a 165mb download.

Edit: Unless you mean that the debugging is gonna take a long time
First build? 32 errors

And it was QT Creator, which took ~45 minutes to install, but it's what said friends have familiarity with, so if I screw it up too badly, I've got some "pros" to help me out.
The Shadowlands

TACeMossie
12.22.2014 , 08:54 PM | #19
First build? 32 errors

And it was QT Creator, which took ~45 minutes to install, but it's what said friends have familiarity with, so if I screw it up too badly, I've got some "pros" to help me out.
We going by a model or a simulation? Cause if its a model, I can speed it up. Just give me the coefficients + how often everything is used and Ill modify the Vanguard one I put together.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Aelanis
12.22.2014 , 10:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
We going by a model or a simulation? Cause if its a model, I can speed it up. Just give me the coefficients + how often everything is used and Ill modify the Vanguard one I put together.
It's a model. I took ability damage and adjusted for usage by effective cooldown, and then threw it all together as dps. Triple nested for loop: secondary stat, augments, and tertiary stats, considering only willpower vs power augments. Unfortunately, my numbers are super high (some of them, anyway) and I can't figure out why. I have the correct coefficients, and it seems like the math should hold up, but it's doing a bunch more damage than it should. I might have to simply separate Twin Surge from Ball Lightning. Regardless, source code:
Spoiler

It's poorly written, but like I've said: I'm no programmer. Regardless, pulling the coefficients and time between uses is child's play at this point, so at least we have that going for us. If anyone else wants to take a gander and see what I did wrong (Ball Lightning shouldn't average 24k damage per hit...) I'd really appreciate it. However, I did get some results for Deception: 1 Crit Enhancement, 50/50 split on Surge vs. Alacrity at 1 enhancement each (if you go for 2 accuracy augments, haven't looked at 7 accuracy "pieces"), full Willpower Augments. I want to get the damage levels into the reasonable range (Surging Charge is also about twice as high as it should be) but most of the abilities aren't actually so far off.
The Shadowlands