Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Are the pinned guides still relevant?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Are the pinned guides still relevant?

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.22.2014 , 12:54 PM | #21
There is no such thing as "ineffective dps". It still has to be healed.

It's called pressure.


Serenity is essentially the same as WoW's Affliction Warlock.
Do you think they see that damage as "fluff"? Lol please.


I advise you to watch the highlight again. And then ask yourself why it is that we won that round.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
12.22.2014 , 01:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
There is no such thing as "ineffective dps".
Yes there is. It's the same thing as in raids how people always talk about HPS versus eHPS. If the damage from those two dots can be healed from an AoE heal that was going to be thrown out anyways then that damage is nothing but scoreboard fluff. The only point to dot spreading is to make target swapping easy for dot specs, which is something I personally disagree with but whatever.

Now if we're talking PvE than yes, the dot spreading is 100% effective dps because PvE mods don't get healed.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.22.2014 , 01:33 PM | #23
You realise that AoE heals in this game have a cooldown right, and my DoT's don't?

You also realise that 3.5k DPS is pretty much 900 DPS per target? Your AoE heals don't do 900 HPS per target permanently.

Your argument is invalid.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
12.22.2014 , 01:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
You realise that AoE heals in this game have a cooldown right, and my DoT's don't?

You also realise that 3.5k DPS is pretty much 900 DPS per target? Your AoE heals don't do 900 HPS per target permanently.

Your argument is invalid.
You realize that your spreading of dots has a cooldown, right? You realize that your dots aren't doing 900 dps all by themselves, right?

Your argument is invalid.

Come back when your skills aren't slipping cupcake.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.22.2014 , 01:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
You realize that your spreading of dots has a cooldown, right? You realize that your dots aren't doing 900 dps all by themselves, right?

Your argument is invalid.

Come back when your skills aren't slipping cupcake.
It's still 900 DPS per target. I never said it was from DoTs alone.
And DoTs have a 90% uptime, so cooldown? Ehm not really.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
12.22.2014 , 01:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
It's still 900 DPS per target. I never said it was from DoTs alone.
And DoTs have a 90% uptime, so cooldown? Ehm not really.
Ah, but you can't attack multiple targets at the same time. Because death field has a cooldown and, unless you plan on spamming lacerate, outside of that single dot spread on death field you're performing single target damage. So the only way you're doing "900 dps per person" is if you're spamming lacerate and magically created a 0 cooldown death field.

I'm waiting for your retort buttercup.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.22.2014 , 01:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
Ah, but you can't attack multiple targets at the same time. Because death field has a cooldown and, unless you plan on spamming lacerate, outside of that single dot spread on death field you're performing single target damage. So the only way you're doing "900 dps per person" is if you're spamming lacerate and magically created a 0 cooldown death field.

I'm waiting for your retort buttercup.
Or you know, actually change targets based on oppertunity, guard and active/available defenses.
Like you should in a spec like that.


Anything else you want to know?
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Sarafain's Avatar


Sarafain
12.22.2014 , 01:51 PM | #28
It's difficult to heal a target that is being focused and fit in AoE heals. DF itself is going to do a chuck of damage followed by DoT's ticking. Even if it's only 10K total damage a healer will have to get those players back up or possibly loose them in a hard switch, as well as having to keep the current player/target alive. This is the very definition of pressure. Also if we're talking regular WZ's chances are those players aren't going to get a heal anyways.

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
12.22.2014 , 02:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Or you know, actually change targets based on oppertunity, guard and active/available defenses.
Like you should in a spec like that.


Anything else you want to know?
That doesn't change the fact that you're still only attacking one person at a time, outside of dots. So we're still at square one here.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.22.2014 , 02:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
That doesn't change the fact that you're still only attacking one person at a time, outside of dots. So we're still at square one here.
I change targets about 10 times a minute.. Over a 30 second period each of them will have suffered 900DPS individually. So that argument is once again invalid
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server