Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are good uses for Phase Walk in Operations?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
What are good uses for Phase Walk in Operations?

Qonor
12.19.2014 , 12:34 PM | #1
And be specific about which encounter and at which phase of the encounter. I cleared The Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice last night for the first time, so I should be able to understand when you reference specific phases.

I just came back after being gone since mid-2012. Phase Walk didn't exist back then. Many references to Phase Walk on these forums are PvP related. And with the 0.5 second cast, I haven't found a way to incorporate it into my Ops playstyle. Thx.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

Aelanis
12.19.2014 , 02:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Qonor View Post
And be specific about which encounter and at which phase of the encounter. I cleared The Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice last night for the first time, so I should be able to understand when you reference specific phases.

I just came back after being gone since mid-2012. Phase Walk didn't exist back then. Many references to Phase Walk on these forums are PvP related. And with the 0.5 second cast, I haven't found a way to incorporate it into my Ops playstyle. Thx.
Ravagers:
Sparky: Place it where the tank is tanking Sparky. When Sparky does his first knockback, you can Speed over, on the second one, if Speed isn't back up, teleport closer. Also, use it to move the red circles out of the raid if you really want to.
Bulo: Use it to drop Mass Barrage on the adds. Great use of it. Pre-place before the fight at one of the side doors and when Mass Barrage comes and they're standing there, teleport to them.
Torque: Uhh... pass. Unless you have no ranged in the group. Then use it to teleport to the console to release the droid and Speed back.
Blaster: Very difficult to find a good use for it here, since you'll be on the boss most of the time. You'll mostly want to use it as a last resort if you get trapped by Thermite circles, or to escape Master's whirling fire of death move.
Coratanni and Pearl and Ruugar: It can help with keeping up with Pearl, but it's not super amazing here. Also mildly useful for getting out of conals, but those shouldn't be an issue. Could help with keeping up with Ruugar's knockbacks, but you'd have to pre-place it during the adds portion.

Temple of Sacrifice:
Malaphar: Teleport out to clear stacks, speed back in. Nothing special here.
Sword Squadron: Use it to teleport between the bombs and the walkers. Very nice to have here, and you can set it back up every time you go back. However, that's if you make a melee do the bombs (bad idea). Still useful for taking the big explosions out of the group.
Underlurker: Teleport between adds, maybe? Not as good of uses here, since rocks fall in random places.
Revanite Commanders: Use it to keep up with Deron. You'll have to guess which corner he'll go to, but when he goes to the right corner, you can be there immediately. Tanks can also take Soaring Slam out of the raid, woot!
Revan: Lolno. There are no really good, quality uses for this, unless you want to teleport to a Saber spawn point to knock them off.
i
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Qonor
12.21.2014 , 02:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
Ravagers:
Sparky: Place it where the tank is tanking Sparky. When Sparky does his first knockback, you can Speed over, on the second one, if Speed isn't back up, teleport closer. Also, use it to move the red circles out of the raid if you really want to.
Bulo: Use it to drop Mass Barrage on the adds. Great use of it. Pre-place before the fight at one of the side doors and when Mass Barrage comes and they're standing there, teleport to them.
Torque: Uhh... pass. Unless you have no ranged in the group. Then use it to teleport to the console to release the droid and Speed back.
Blaster: Very difficult to find a good use for it here, since you'll be on the boss most of the time. You'll mostly want to use it as a last resort if you get trapped by Thermite circles, or to escape Master's whirling fire of death move.
Coratanni and Pearl and Ruugar: It can help with keeping up with Pearl, but it's not super amazing here. Also mildly useful for getting out of conals, but those shouldn't be an issue. Could help with keeping up with Ruugar's knockbacks, but you'd have to pre-place it during the adds portion.

Temple of Sacrifice:
Malaphar: Teleport out to clear stacks, speed back in. Nothing special here.
Sword Squadron: Use it to teleport between the bombs and the walkers. Very nice to have here, and you can set it back up every time you go back. However, that's if you make a melee do the bombs (bad idea). Still useful for taking the big explosions out of the group.
Underlurker: Teleport between adds, maybe? Not as good of uses here, since rocks fall in random places.
Revanite Commanders: Use it to keep up with Deron. You'll have to guess which corner he'll go to, but when he goes to the right corner, you can be there immediately. Tanks can also take Soaring Slam out of the raid, woot!
Revan: Lolno. There are no really good, quality uses for this, unless you want to teleport to a Saber spawn point to knock them off.
i
Good info. I'll give this a try.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

DogeDandolo
12.21.2014 , 02:47 PM | #4
Most times I use phase walk, it's at the location the healers will be working from. The Shadow's / Assassin's Shelter utility (formerly high up in the tank tree) gives a 5% increase to all heals worked from a 5-metre circle around Phase Walk. That's quite a lot.
Progenitor
Imperial Alliance loreius | nemorina | trebial | neruna | konanta | chirr'avar | vitellia | ashktarat | sem'irami'de | amfortas | fiordiligi | publio | radamès
New Republic Alliance rhiatavi | qatras | sarnova | torence | fidelio | despina | kundry | cenerentola

Rafkin
12.22.2014 , 04:46 PM | #5
With Sword Squadron just remember to place it at the bomb, not at the walker.