Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin's Maul animation hits faster than Shadow's Shadow Strike?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Assassin's Maul animation hits faster than Shadow's Shadow Strike?

MiaRB
12.19.2014 , 12:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
And I laugh at everyone who constantly goes to the FOTM because they're not willing to play the non OP specs.
i don't laugh when i see infiltration shadows on my team... i cry because i know they just make it harder to win.
can't wait for this game to come out!

maverickmatt
12.19.2014 , 01:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
There is a difference between liking a spec and playing it even though is suboptimal.. And playing a spec that is just straight up massively inferior.

You keep bringing up this moral highhorse.. But honestly, nobody cares.
Not really.

Play what you like. A good deception is miles and miles better than a number-seeking hatred.

"Sweet damage bro but uh... the objectives are ~~~~>"

It has been my experience that a vast majority of the time, DoT specs (specifically hatred) want to dot everyone and top the boards. Bro, you really arean't helping to win when you break WW or Awe accidentally. L2control yourself.

MiaRB
12.19.2014 , 02:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
Not really.

Play what you like. A good deception is miles and miles better than a number-seeking hatred.

It has been my experience that a vast majority of the time, DoT specs (specifically hatred) want to dot everyone and top the boards. Bro, you really arean't helping to win when you break WW or Awe accidentally. L2control yourself.
an average hatred assassin is more valuable in rated than a great deception assassin.

plus, you argument is a false one. if you are good in WZs and play objectives as deception, then you still play objectives as hatred, except you are not nerfing your team by sticking with weak deceptions spec. and really, its not as if there aren't any deception assassins off looking for 1v1s far from objective points.

Evolixe
12.19.2014 , 02:10 PM | #14
Not really.

If
If
If
If

"If" you play hatred even halfway properly, you'll outplay any exceptional Deception sin with 1 hand behind your back.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

xX-Archangel-Xx
12.19.2014 , 02:52 PM | #15
we got not a badas s here, a super badas s
< Bioware plz Nerf Mercs > Guild
TRE server
Game is balanced http://prntscr.com/962p0t /// http://prntscr.com/962mjr

maverickmatt
12.19.2014 , 03:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
If
If
If
If

"If" you play hatred even halfway properly, you'll outplay any exceptional Deception sin with 1 hand behind your back.
If
If
If
If

If worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't **** with them.

If you learned how to play Hatred and understood how to win against it, you could beat it with your cat pressing the buttons. It's painfully obvious who is playing Hatred to win and who is playing Hatred for big numbers because they think that wins games.

Let's not play this game again.

maverickmatt
12.19.2014 , 03:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
an average hatred assassin is more valuable in rated than a great deception assassin.

plus, you argument is a false one. if you are good in WZs and play objectives as deception, then you still play objectives as hatred, except you are not nerfing your team by sticking with weak deceptions spec. and really, its not as if there aren't any deception assassins off looking for 1v1s far from objective points.
The "NUH UH RATEDZ R WUT MATTERZ" argument is null in this game. It's okay to admit that.

Also, My argument is not a false one. You assume that I predicate my statement on the notion that everyone who switched to Hatred was a good teammate and played objectives. I am fully aware that this is not the case, and I would hope that you aren't trying to convince yourself that swapping to the most OP thing in the history of this game makes you a better player/teammate

Evolixe
12.19.2014 , 03:25 PM | #18
If you learned how to play Hatred and understood how to win against it, you could beat it with your cat pressing the buttons.
Lol. K.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

MiaRB
12.19.2014 , 03:40 PM | #19
The "NUH UH RATEDZ R WUT MATTERZ" argument is null in this game. It's okay to admit that.

Also, My argument is not a false one. You assume that I predicate my statement on the notion that everyone who switched to Hatred was a good teammate and played objectives. I am fully aware that this is not the case, and I would hope that you aren't trying to convince yourself that swapping to the most OP thing in the history of this game makes you a better player/teammate
being a good teammate has nothing at all to do with what spec you happen to be playing. well, unless you chose a spec that is clearly the weakest which nerfs your team. if you are a good teammate playing deception then you'll be a better teammate playing hatred.

helpmewin
12.20.2014 , 12:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrannisWP View Post
Why does an Assassins Maul hit at the very beginning of the gcd now while Shadow Strike still has this huge wind up animation? This helps Assassins mitigate the problem of "you must be behind the target to use this" in warzones when the target is turning while you're trying to get Maul off but there is still this problem for Shadow Strike.

Either Maul's animation needs to be reverted or (a much better option) give Shadow Strike the same quick animation.
Cause we have no plans(c). Btw low slash still cost 0 force.

If
If
If
If

If worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't **** with them.

If you learned how to play Hatred and understood how to win against it, you could beat it with your cat pressing the buttons. It's painfully obvious who is playing Hatred to win and who is playing Hatred for big numbers because they think that wins games.

Let's not play this game again.
Deception is worse than hatred in almost all categories, it have a little more burst.
Referral link - get free 7 sub days and free transfer.
Competetive arenas video guide