Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing between Treek and Ashara as a DPS Sith Assassin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Choosing between Treek and Ashara as a DPS Sith Assassin

Capwill
12.16.2014 , 08:55 PM | #1
Hello All =D
I have been using Treek for quite awhile as my healing Comp but I just got Ashara and I was wondering if it would be worth gearing her out and using her since I am a DPS Sith Assassin. Treek has been doing great a my Healing Comp, I just thought I would try out a new Comp but i wanted to check with you guys to see what you all thought.

IInox
12.22.2014 , 08:50 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Capwill View Post
Hello All =D
I have been using Treek for quite awhile as my healing Comp but I just got Ashara and I was wondering if it would be worth gearing her out and using her since I am a DPS Sith Assassin. Treek has been doing great a my Healing Comp, I just thought I would try out a new Comp but i wanted to check with you guys to see what you all thought.
if ashara is the mirror of nadia yes!

Evolixe
12.22.2014 , 12:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
if ashara is the mirror of nadia yes!
I wish.. Sadly Ashzara uses Strength gear -_-
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

DogeDandolo
12.22.2014 , 01:01 PM | #4
Ashara, because Ashara is amazing with her constant veering between sickeningly sweet idealism and ruthless pragmatism. Also, because Treek is easy mode and makes your ears bleed.
Progenitor
Imperial Alliance loreius | nemorina | trebial | neruna | konanta | chirr'avar | vitellia | ashktarat | sem'irami'de | amfortas | fiordiligi | publio | radamès
New Republic Alliance rhiatavi | qatras | sarnova | torence | fidelio | despina | kundry | cenerentola

IInox
12.22.2014 , 01:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I wish.. Sadly Ashzara uses Strength gear -_-
lol that sux

NogueiraA
12.24.2014 , 01:35 AM | #6
Ashara is VERY weak, even very well geared.
Treek ftw.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Evolixe
12.24.2014 , 07:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Ashara is VERY weak, even very well geared.
Treek ftw.
Are you sure you used Strength gear and not Willpower?
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

JamieKirby
12.25.2014 , 12:41 AM | #8
From experience, Treek is by far the best companion in the game.....she can be a tank or a healer and she comes with fully moddable gear.

Since the companion system is pretty much a mini-trinity system (a primitive system in itself) being a dps, using a tank or dps companion will have significant downtime, unless you don't mind destroying your immersion and just resummoning your companion after each fight., while using a healer companion will have virtually no downtime, you will just take longer to kill things.

In the end, i am patient, so i always go with Treek in Healer mode, less downtime, means more fun time and thats a good thing in my book.

E-Zekiel
12.25.2014 , 10:20 PM | #9
Ashara, because Treek annoys my sense of hearing and my sense of sight. She is annoying to look (she looks stupid and so do her animations) at and annoying to hear.

Ashara, however, does not annoy either sense.

isaqueMar
12.25.2014 , 10:27 PM | #10
Dps + dps = fail