Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I keep using Power/Surge in pvp for my dps or does accuracy matter now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Should I keep using Power/Surge in pvp for my dps or does accuracy matter now?

RaithHarth
12.07.2014 , 04:15 PM | #1
I just hit lvl 60 the other day and so far I purchased Exhumed stalker's saberstaff, and the Exhumed force mystic focus, would it be wise to go full stalker set now? Should I get the Exhumed Stalker focus instead?
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

TACeMossie
12.07.2014 , 05:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
I just hit lvl 60 the other day and so far I purchased Exhumed stalker's saberstaff, and the Exhumed force mystic focus, would it be wise to go full stalker set now? Should I get the Exhumed Stalker focus instead?
If you dont want to miss melee attacks, get 304+ accuracy (you'll still occasionally miss on an inquisitor/consular though). Otherwise, no idea, I dont play a shadow or sin to know how much you use melee attacks.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

RaithHarth
12.08.2014 , 03:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
If you dont want to miss melee attacks, get 304+ accuracy (you'll still occasionally miss on an inquisitor/consular though). Otherwise, no idea, I dont play a shadow or sin to know how much you use melee attacks.
So going full stalker gear would be a good idea then? Focus included?

Hellhog
12.09.2014 , 12:35 PM | #4
I recommend the following (sorry if any mistakes but this is from memory):

-All 7 Stalker Pieces
-Force-Mystic Focus (whatever one is Power/Surge)
-Power/Surge Earpiece (cannot remember name)
-Power/Accuracy Implants x2 (cannot remember name)
-Replace both Crit/Alacrity enhancements with Power/Surge (believe this is the chest and hands)

From here, when I go full Dark Reaver, I plan to have 1 Accuracy augment and the rest most likely Willpower.
I haven't put any thought into Crit Rating yet and where to swap Crit for Power.

In full Dark Reaver, I believe this is 307 accuracy which is just above 95/105. Unless proven otherwise, I don't plan to use Alacrity for PvP. But I still plan to do some testing and number crunching in the future. For now I just play the full unaugmented Exhumed set listed above and am working on getting ranked gear first before messing with anything else.

Note: the reason I recommend Power/Accuracy implants instead of enhancements is Stalker gear only comes with one accuracy enhancement (in the headpiece). Replacing enhancements is far more expensive than getting implants twice (in the case I were to decide to go Power/Surge and drop accuracy).

Note #2: You can choose 1 of the 7 gear pieces to be Force-Mystic or Force-Master in order to save costs on buying separate Mods/Enhancements for minmaxing later since the set bonus requires only 6 pieces. I only went with all 7 because of a little bit of OCD in my case. Unfortunately mixing and matching of bracers/belts is futile this time around as bracers for all 3 sets are all crit I believe and belts for all 3 are power (it could be the other way around, either way BioWare thought ahead on that one).

Happy Note: This time around BioWare decided to do PvP gearing a solid and give BiS mods in the 5 main gear pieces instead of A-type unoptimized high endurance mods, yay!
Ayix | Ayik | Ayiq | Ayiz | Ayij | Ayis | Ayir | Ayid
Ayic | Ayip | Ayig | Ayib | Ayit | Ayif | Ayiv | Ayim

Twitch - Aeyix - YouTube
All OG NiM Bosses & Timed Runs Cleared on all imp DPS Classes | 2/5 NiM Gods

ScrubinMuhTub
12.10.2014 , 02:24 AM | #5
Which I could upvote.
The Muhtub Legacy
Scrubin Cleanin Dump'in Fixin
Bleachin Washin Drainin

RaithHarth
12.10.2014 , 07:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellhog View Post
I recommend the following (sorry if any mistakes but this is from memory):

-All 7 Stalker Pieces
-Force-Mystic Focus (whatever one is Power/Surge)
-Power/Surge Earpiece (cannot remember name)
-Power/Accuracy Implants x2 (cannot remember name)
-Replace both Crit/Alacrity enhancements with Power/Surge (believe this is the chest and hands)

From here, when I go full Dark Reaver, I plan to have 1 Accuracy augment and the rest most likely Willpower.
I haven't put any thought into Crit Rating yet and where to swap Crit for Power.

In full Dark Reaver, I believe this is 307 accuracy which is just above 95/105. Unless proven otherwise, I don't plan to use Alacrity for PvP. But I still plan to do some testing and number crunching in the future. For now I just play the full unaugmented Exhumed set listed above and am working on getting ranked gear first before messing with anything else.

Note: the reason I recommend Power/Accuracy implants instead of enhancements is Stalker gear only comes with one accuracy enhancement (in the headpiece). Replacing enhancements is far more expensive than getting implants twice (in the case I were to decide to go Power/Surge and drop accuracy).

Note #2: You can choose 1 of the 7 gear pieces to be Force-Mystic or Force-Master in order to save costs on buying separate Mods/Enhancements for minmaxing later since the set bonus requires only 6 pieces. I only went with all 7 because of a little bit of OCD in my case. Unfortunately mixing and matching of bracers/belts is futile this time around as bracers for all 3 sets are all crit I believe and belts for all 3 are power (it could be the other way around, either way BioWare thought ahead on that one).

Happy Note: This time around BioWare decided to do PvP gearing a solid and give BiS mods in the 5 main gear pieces instead of A-type unoptimized high endurance mods, yay!
And what augments would you recommend? Full Advanced resolve augment 36's?

SlimGenre
12.11.2014 , 12:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
And what augments would you recommend? Full Advanced resolve augment 36's?
this question has sparked a raging battle that has and will last for ages... mainstat aug's vs. power... from my reading what I've found is to make the most sense is... if you play a class or spec that revolves around an attack that autocrits, go for power (like the old smashmonkey for jug/guardian/mara/sentinel). If you play a class that doesn't, go for mainstat.
Miliostra - Assassin Imp PvP main - Seditious Guild - Harbinger
Aliscious - Sniper PvE DPS main - Seditious Guild - Harbinger
Mi'Lios - Sentinel Pub PvP main - Rebellion Guild - Harbinger
...other assorted toons...

Herculieas
12.11.2014 , 02:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimGenre View Post
this question has sparked a raging battle that has and will last for ages... mainstat aug's vs. power... from my reading what I've found is to make the most sense is... if you play a class or spec that revolves around an attack that autocrits, go for power (like the old smashmonkey for jug/guardian/mara/sentinel). If you play a class that doesn't, go for mainstat.
Infiltration basically has 4 free crits with the full PvP set, so... Power?
Vitiun - Star Forge
═╪═◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◥══╪═

RaithHarth
12.11.2014 , 03:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimGenre View Post
I'm a infiltration Shadow, so should I stick to full main stat then?

SlimGenre
12.11.2014 , 04:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Herculieas View Post
Infiltration basically has 4 free crits with the full PvP set, so... Power?
honestly I don't think it will matter much, in willpower you're going to crit more often, power you'll crit less but all hits will be slightly more. From all the testing it seems so many people have done, it's a toss up. I was all willpower augs as a 55 and I felt my dps output was good, my maul would crit around 15k, but I'd get hit occasionally by other sin/shadows for more, so I'm sure they were power aug'd and probably took the time to min/max their gear. I'm going to try all power as a 60 just to see if I like it. It's not like on my merc where I had all power augs and my crit chance was still like 33% just from gear and stuff (haven't touched my merc since 3.0 so don't know how different it is now).

I can always make more and test for myself. Since the expansion credits are kinda just flying at you, especially on Rishi and Yavin if you've got slicing/scavenging, I probably made half a million yesterday just picking crap up off the ground... what else am I gonna spend fake money on, more deco's ?
Miliostra - Assassin Imp PvP main - Seditious Guild - Harbinger
Aliscious - Sniper PvE DPS main - Seditious Guild - Harbinger
Mi'Lios - Sentinel Pub PvP main - Rebellion Guild - Harbinger
...other assorted toons...