Great start.

Azaranth

This is the smoothest MMO launch I've been a part of.

No discernible server lag (33ms here), relatively insignificant bugs, and both the server and website are running smoothly. I guess we'll see how things look at prime time tonight.

Keep it up BioWare, GJ.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an illusion, they only invited the people who preordered in July (And not even all of them) That is why you are not getting lag, there are only like 120,000 players online.

That's the point of inviting in waves right?

By the time the next 200k are online, I'll be on a different planet.

I'm glad to hear that, and hopefully with the staggered early access they will it under control, so the servers will continue to be as smooth as you say :)

Lookibng forward for my invite, that hopefully will come sometime today or tomorrow, although I am leaning more and more towards tomorrow :)

Edited by mrzappy

Your 'experience' is going 'so well' because there is barely anyone playing.

So you think they'd be better off giving simultaneous access too everyone, and having massive server instability?

Obviously the servers are stable because they're gradually opening up Early Access. It was the right call, and everyone will be happier for it if it means they root out server problems before they become a crisis.

Edited by Azaranth

So you think they'd be better off giving simultaneous access too everyone, and having massive server instability?

Obviously the servers are stable because they're gradually opening up Early Access. It was the right call, and everyone will be happier for it if it means they root out server problems before they become a crisis.

yes, it's mmo after all. not single player game, we are used to crowd on release.

so whats the difference between a server crash and millions of people who bought the game but arnt allowed to play? none, bad launch.

With a server crash, no one gets to play.

With gradual access, more and more people get to play every few hours?

Seems like a large difference to me.

Of course you think its the right call, because you're IN GAME.

I was apart of multiple beta's even the mass stress test, they're playing it too safe. Don't talk down to me like I don't know the point of staggering.

We had more people in the zones during beta and it was running FINE. For some reason they forget this is an MMO, and SHOCKER people might get bunched up.

Im not upset about waiting, im upset at how sissy they're taking this.

Edited by Liberate

With a server crash, no one gets to play.

With gradual access, more and more people get to play every few hours?

Seems like a large difference to me.

So you're going on about low latency and at the same time you know it's only because of small number of players?

Logic fail.

Wait for full launch, and if latency will be just as low than you can make a thread about a good launch that actually makes sense. Right now it's just defeating the purpose

Edited by Kozor

so whats the difference between a server crash and millions of people who bought the game but arnt allowed to play? none, bad launch.

I'm not sure why people are crying, they knew this was how it was going to be for awhile now...but once it happens everyone acts shocked they didn't get an invite..lol

Man if feels good to be a day one pre-orderer

Man it feels bad to be a 12th of December 2011 pre-orderer.

I usually wait until a few weeks before release to read up about a game, stops me from hyping myself up months/years ahead of time.

First time this habit has ever shot me in the foot. Ah well, got Tribes:Ascend to play until a certain magical email decides to grace my inbox.