Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev
12.10.2014 , 04:59 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainLunch View Post
Great work on the guide guys !

I would like to say, numbers will *probably* be better with the 198 4 set and 186 sent 2 set because that 1 min icd is lame .
Thanks man, and I agree. Once I get the new set bonus, I will be testing that with both the 192s and 198s.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
EDIT: Give this thread a sticky too, it deserves it, great work
Doubt we'll get a sticky on this, but one can hope.

ahoad
12.10.2014 , 12:26 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by veSev View Post
Thanks man, and I agree. Once I get the new set bonus, I will be testing that with both the 192s and 198s.

Doubt we'll get a sticky on this, but one can hope.
Wait so for pvp even, we should have 7 pieces that has accuracy?

wadecounty
12.10.2014 , 12:43 PM | #33
The thing you have to consider though is 198 6 set will definitely have better burst than the 186 mixed variant, so its a question of what the fight is asking. If its an overall DPS check with lots of uptime, the 186 mix will probably be better, whereas a fight with strict burst checks would prefer the full 198 version.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

veSev
12.10.2014 , 12:51 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ahoad View Post
Wait so for pvp even, we should have 7 pieces that has accuracy?
No. I will let Andrew discuss more in depth, but the current guide is centered around pve content and that includes the gearing section. We will update the guide soon with pvp info once we have tested it more in game.

wadecounty
12.10.2014 , 01:14 PM | #35
In PvP, accuracy only matters for white attacks (weapons damage). Furthermore, 6 out of 8 AC's only carry 5% defense baseline, so you only need 95% accuracy to guarantee you won't miss on them.

In general, PvP is far more dynamic than PvE and so there is no one general rule to gearing.

ahoad
12.10.2014 , 01:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
In PvP, accuracy only matters for white attacks (weapons damage). Furthermore, 6 out of 8 AC's only carry 5% defense baseline, so you only need 95% accuracy to guarantee you won't miss on them.

In general, PvP is far more dynamic than PvE and so there is no one general rule to gearing.
So get my accuracy to 95?

wadecounty
12.10.2014 , 01:23 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by ahoad View Post
So get my accuracy to 95?
Yes and no? If your class relies heavily on yellow damage, you don't need any accuracy. If you use a bit of white damage, then yeah, 95 is a safe goal. Vengeance and Rage both have a decent amount of weapons damage attacks, so 95% is fine.

Andrew_Past
12.11.2014 , 12:48 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post

This is correct; 95% accuracy should be your goal as both Vigilance and Focus. As for other stats, general baseline stat priorities are 95% accuracy > 0-150 crit rating (possibly up to 200) > 0 alacrity (while alacrity isn't bad, any downtime devalues alacrity) > rest power/surge. I prefer strength augments, but power is fine too. Overall DPS wise, strength augments are slightly better while power provides slightly better burst.

I'm still testing things out on my Guardian, but I should hopefully have some time this weekend to write up a bit of the PVP section for regs (arenas will take more time to get a decent amount of games in.)
Andr-ew - Guardian || Andr-ia - Sentinel || Praeterius- Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || Harbinger, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

TACeMossie
12.11.2014 , 02:41 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_Past View Post
This is correct; 95% accuracy should be your goal as both Vigilance and Focus. As for other stats, general baseline stat priorities are 95% accuracy > 0-150 crit rating (possibly up to 200) > 0 alacrity (while alacrity isn't bad, any downtime devalues alacrity) > rest power/surge. I prefer strength augments, but power is fine too. Overall DPS wise, strength augments are slightly better while power provides slightly better burst.

I'm still testing things out on my Guardian, but I should hopefully have some time this weekend to write up a bit of the PVP section for regs (arenas will take more time to get a decent amount of games in.)
I still think you'll want a little alacrity. Say you are up against another guardian who is your exact match in skill, gear and latency, and the only difference is you swapped 1 surge piece for 1 alacrity piece. Who wins? You, because you got the killing blow in slightly earlier.

Of course, this is entirely up to personal preference, but I honestly think those that will bring 1-2 alacrity pieces will do better in PvP than those who ignore it, simply because it squeezes their rotation slightly closer together.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Andrew_Past
12.11.2014 , 07:19 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
I still think you'll want a little alacrity. Say you are up against another guardian who is your exact match in skill, gear and latency, and the only difference is you swapped 1 surge piece for 1 alacrity piece. Who wins? You, because you got the killing blow in slightly earlier.

Of course, this is entirely up to personal preference, but I honestly think those that will bring 1-2 alacrity pieces will do better in PvP than those who ignore it, simply because it squeezes their rotation slightly closer together.
In that situation, sure. However, over the course of a WZ, any down time will result in more of a DPS loss. But you're right in the fact that it is an option. In fact, if you wanted to get real crazy, you could go two alacrity enhancements and all alacrity augments to get to ~10% alacrity. At this point you would have very noticeably faster attacks, faster dot ticks, very short CD on leap, and a 2.7 masterstrike channel (which all ticks fit in an Unremitting window.) Doing this yields very similar sustained DPS compared to strength and power augs, and better AOE due to more Vigilant Thrusts and faster dot ticks. However, the downside is that any downtime results in massive DPS drops, and you weaken your burst. That's why I recommend 0 alacrity for general gearing. But it is viable.
Andr-ew - Guardian || Andr-ia - Sentinel || Praeterius- Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || Harbinger, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch