Ilum, Makeb & open world PvP

UGLYMRJ

So, I've mentioned it a few times and I hope I'm right. Looking for another perspective on my thoughts though.

First, many are complaining about Ilum and the lack of world PvP. We all know Ilum was broken and the dev's realize this too. They announced at one point that they planned on redesigning it from the ground up. We have all been impatiently waiting.

My point: If one was going to redesign something from the ground up... why not just create something brand new? Ilum works as a planet right now. It may have not worked for it's original intent but it's functional as a planet just as any of the others do. This is where I believe Makeb comes in.

A new level cap would now make Makeb our max level planet. Therefore making it our "new Ilum".

It makes sense to me, does anyone have anything to prove or disprove this? I haven't caught anything that really would show this to be true, but it seems logical.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I'll be curious how they intend to combat the latency/lag issues. If they don't find a way to optimize this planet, I won't be shocked when it's officially labled Ilum 2.0, where players only go there to farm "reasons to World PvP (rewards)". After the Ilum abuse of Valor, I really am interested in how the team is planning to avoid such glaring issues.

Don't get me wrong, be cool to see something players want executed properly, I just don't have any faith in EA/Mythic to address these issues that once plagued Ilum. But if they do pull it off, and are able to get it done right, I think it will be a step in the right direction.

Edited by Pistols

So, I've mentioned it a few times and I hope I'm right. Looking for another perspective on my thoughts though.

First, many are complaining about Ilum and the lack of world PvP. We all know Ilum was broken and the dev's realize this too. They announced at one point that they planned on redesigning it from the ground up. We have all been impatiently waiting.

My point: If one was going to redesign something from the ground up... why not just create something brand new? Ilum works as a planet right now. It may have not worked for it's original intent but it's functional as a planet just as any of the others do. This is where I believe Makeb comes in.

A new level cap would now make Makeb our max level planet. Therefore making it our "new Ilum".

It makes sense to me, does anyone have anything to prove or disprove this? I haven't caught anything that really would show this to be true, but it seems logical.

It would be nice, but the engine tor uses makes it really really hard on open world pvp. That much purple lighting and things start getting pretty bad. I've got a pretty top end machine and I never have frame rate issues of any sort, except when I was out in illum before it got shut down.

I'll be curious how they intend to combat the latency/lag issues. If they don't find a way to optimize this planet, I won't be shocked when it's officially labled Ilum 2.0, where players only go there to farm "reasons to World PvP (rewards)". After the Ilum abuse of Valor, I really am interested in how the team is planning to avoid such glaring issues.

Don't get me wrong, be cool to see something players want executed properly, I just don't have any faith in EA/Mythic to address these issues that once plagued Ilum. But if they do pull it off, and are able to get it done right, I think it will be a step in the right direction.

Definitely agree all around... lag would be my main concern too because no matter how well designed. That alone could break it.

Just keeping my fingers crossed.

It would be nice, but the engine tor uses makes it really really hard on open world pvp. That much purple lighting and things start getting pretty bad. I've got a pretty top end machine and I never have frame rate issues of any sort, except when I was out in illum before it got shut down.

You just made me want to leave work early so I can play my new sorc. :D

I came along post Ilum so I didn't experience it first hand but I've seen vids and I've heard the stories. Now I'm really looking forward to the new era of open world PvP. Really hope I'm right on this one cuz I would love to have a team of 5+ sorcs focusing lightning spam on everything that moves. :D

You just made me want to leave work early so I can play my new sorc. :D

I came along post Ilum so I didn't experience it first hand but I've seen vids and I've heard the stories. Now I'm really looking forward to the new era of open world PvP. Really hope I'm right on this one cuz I would love to have a team of 5+ sorcs focusing lightning spam on everything that moves. :D

I've experienced 50+ Sorcs all throwing lightning around...

Needless to say, it was much more entertaining to watch golf on TV.