Minimising planetary missions while leveling - my approach

Ashenti

I posted this in reply to someones question in the general section and thought it may be of use to some here.

I recently decided to roll a new character and chose Operative (fancied a new healer).

I already have several 55s, including a Sniper, so aimed to minimise the time spent doing planetary quests.

Currently I am level 43 and around half way through the Hoth class missions. I expect to stay just ahead of the leveling curve right through.

I have a 5% guild xp bonus (guild I am in has ended up just my alts)

I have a lot of presence bonus from alt companions.

I have not used any xp bonuses (although I have managed to acrue a few, so may use them if things slow down a little)

I did purchase the first 3 legacy class mission and WZ xp bonuses.

To begin with, I gave my Op 100k credits and a full set of orange gear.

I have a cybertech alt who crafts blue armourings for Op/Comp every 5 levels and Purple earpiece every 10.

I have a biochem alt who supplies my Op with purple implants every 10 levels.

I completed all possible quests on Hutta and DK.

After that I just did class quests and grabbed all relevant Datacrons on each planet. (I only grabbed the relevant ones, Cunning, Endurance, presence, matrix cubes as I have collected every one on my main and I don't fancy doing that again!)

As soon as I was able I started to queue for FP and WZ.

I complete each available FP once per day that I play (sometimes twice if I am playing both before and after the 1pm daily reset), I make sure to get the daily/weekly missions from Fleet. Being a healer makes the wait for a FP through group finder short.

I complete at least enough WZ to complete the daily/weekly missions. I usually do at least 3 or 4 WZ per day, never more than 5 or 6.

I do no space missions (i have completed them so many times on alts that they hold no interest for me)

I have taken biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy as my crew skills.

I craft enough items to level, rarely bothering with blues/purples. I sell any ingredients I have spare on the GTN. (I do craft with any blue ingredients I get from diplomacy, but this is mostly handy for comp gifts, If I was to do this again, I would probably not bother at all with Diplomacy and get UT or slicing from the start).

I use my biochem alt to supply my Op with purple re-usable meds.

All my crew skills are currently 400+. I'll probably drop bioanalysis and diplomacy to take UT and slicing once my Biochem is 450.

In regards to credits/gear.

I always have a few credits available (without giving more from my alts)

Missions rewards, FP loot sales and, more importantly, sale of bio resources gives an ample income.

More than enough to fund all skill training and crew-skill training (I only purchase the recipes I need to level)

I have earn more than enough planetary comms to keep my Op and my comp equipped in up-to-date blue mods/enhancements/barrels. In fact 3 or 4 times I have had to spend some comms on item boxes as I have hit the cap.

This works for me.

Keep in mind I only play this character for a couple of hours at a time and not every day. there are probably faster ways to level if getting there asap is your thing.

I also believe this system could work well if you don;t have a 'sugar-daddy' alt or three :)

You would probably have to do a few planetary quests every 3rd planet to make up for the loss of legacy bonuses and to ge the extra comms to supply armourings as well. (it doesn't take long to get together an orange suit from quest drops/FP loot and checking the GTN). You can even buy one from the cartel market if wanted to)

Yes I think a good method is to just do the class and faction line quests on every other planet so as not to overlevel and just dailies while on that planet to maintain the challenge to keep missions at yellow and the dailies for maintaining the required commendation income.

I still levelling my first characters so have been doing most quests on planets and despite not doing any space missions and no PVP and only a few flashpoints and dailies I am still comfortably overleveled. Some plants like Tatooine are just a nightmare travelling wise anyway so I defo will be giving that one a miss next time.;)