F2P Warzone Limit...

LordExozone

...is a seriously bad idea. Depending on how high or low the amount of warzones is you can play, F2P players may not be able to progress as fast as other players.

Considering many of these players will be new to the game, they will already start with an incredible disadvantage in PvP due to us, the existing playerbase, walking around in fully augmented Warhero.

If it takes twice as long for them to actually earn PvP gear due to being restricted to say 20 matches a week, they will most likely give up before long. I know that at some point I was considering giving Warhammer Online another try, but the fact that I would have to grind for 6 months to get my renown rank maxed so I could wear competitive pvp gear prevented me from doing that, even though it was free to play.

Do not make the same mistake for SWTOR.

F2P players may not be able to progress as fast as other players.

They shouldn't be able to progress as fast as someone who is PAYING to play the game.

And fresh 50s already walk around at a disadvantage to fully aug war heroes.

The only thing in this game that was even remotely fun was 1-49 pvp i already canceled my sub because i smelled the f2p looming on the horizon i may have actually stuck around and played free for the warzones but since there will be restrictions on that /uninstall

Cryptic and EA should get together and write a book how the hell do you take something as big as star trek and star wars and drive it right into the ground

by this point, ranked wz's will be in season 1, so matchmaking will be accurate. as for regular warzones, well, yeah the existing playerbase has stuck around and earned their gear. the f2p players should not have access to the same gear/gear progression as us subbers, even if that means they get their own bracket.

The only thing in this game that was even remotely fun was 1-49 pvp i already canceled my sub because i smelled the f2p looming on the horizon i may have actually stuck around and played free for the warzones but since there will be restrictions on that /uninstall

Cryptic and EA should get together and write a book how the hell do you take something as big as star trek and star wars and drive it right into the ground

It would be a short book. Page 1, have EA involved. The End.

Restricting PVP kills the pvp for this game. There will be no more pvp community and for people who like to level by pvp it makes it impossible. I would rather they just restrict War Hero gear or ranked WZ to subscribers only rather than limit half of the entire game.

Bioware always sides with the PVE side, being able to do unlimited pve, but limiting pvp is just stupid and honestly it is only going to prevent them from getting any money at all from pvp players.

Restricting PVP kills the pvp for this game. There will be no more pvp community and for people who like to level by pvp it makes it impossible. I would rather they just restrict War Hero gear or ranked WZ to subscribers only rather than limit half of the entire game.

Bioware always sides with the PVE side, being able to do unlimited pve, but limiting pvp is just stupid and honestly it is only going to prevent them from getting any money at all from pvp players.

actually, with F2P, you won't be able to access the operations at all, so that's a considerable part of pve that's completely missing from PvE.

i dislike this restriction too, but i'm just pointing out that PvE isn't exactly being favored either.

As already mentioned Operations are completely unavailable to the F2Pers. As well, they also have a limit to the number of Flashpoints they can do in a week similar to the limit on number of warzones per week (similar in principle. Obviously we have no numbers at this point on what those limits are).

So no, they aren't favoring PVE at all. If anything they're favoring PVP since you can grind WH out, albeit much more slowly. There's no way to grind out Rakata (except for chest) and getting BH is already going to take forever being able to just do FPs and the two non ops weeklies.

I cancelled my 3 month subscription a while ago and it runs out in early august so seeing free to play was a joy except for the pvp restrictions because...well..pvp is all I do on this game now and have been for the past 3+months. Pve and Operations- been there and done that but I love the pvp community on this game :D Please devs dont limit what makes the game still fun for many of us just to get more of our money for a game we all payed for and stuck with even through servers dying down and mistakes like Ilum. I know some of you reading will say just resubscribe and suck it up but since this game came out some financial problems have come up forcing me to put money elsewhere. Dont get me wrong I do love this game and have made some real life and long term friends from it :p

Another point is that what about pay to plays quitting warzones and you get into a warzone that your triple capped in with 2 minutes left. That still counts and is a terrible experience. Even if your not paying for it.

What's the problem? We are all currently paying a subscription.

Unless you intend to lapse your sub, why worry?

New, F2P players will I am sure be given the option to purchase a one-off "full access to WZs" perk, so if they enjoy PVP, they can pay for it, like the rest of us.

Here's the thing - you're assuming that many of the F2P players are new to the game.

I was in a Guild called Rage a while back that moved to GW2 this morning - F2P was the final straw for many of them.

Some of the members of Rage may still play SWTOR PvP when they're not playing GW2. The people in Rage who liked PvP had Elite Warlord, 14/14 Augmented War Hero and a Ranked rating of +2k.

If any of these people come back they will be able to keep up to the Subbed players until the majority of them have post War Hero gear.

Furthermore, level 1-49 PvP won't be much different.

...is a seriously bad idea. Depending on how high or low the amount of warzones is you can play, F2P players may not be able to progress as fast as other players.

Considering many of these players will be new to the game, they will already start with an incredible disadvantage in PvP due to us, the existing playerbase, walking around in fully augmented Warhero.

If it takes twice as long for them to actually earn PvP gear due to being restricted to say 20 matches a week, they will most likely give up before long. I know that at some point I was considering giving Warhammer Online another try, but the fact that I would have to grind for 6 months to get my renown rank maxed so I could wear competitive pvp gear prevented me from doing that, even though it was free to play.

Do not make the same mistake for SWTOR.

Eh. F/ck em. Some of us that aren't F2P, but who can't play 24/7, get by.

Here's the thing - you're assuming that many of the F2P players are new to the game.

I was in a Guild called Rage a while back that moved to GW2 this morning - F2P was the final straw for many of them.

Some of the members of Rage may still play SWTOR PvP when they're not playing GW2. The people in Rage who liked PvP had Elite Warlord, 14/14 Augmented War Hero and a Ranked rating of +2k.

If any of these people come back they will be able to keep up to the Subbed players until the majority of them have post War Hero gear.

Furthermore, level 1-49 PvP won't be much different.

How'd you move to a game that's not out yet?

Edited by Daiyukie

It's a GREAT IDEA. And I seriously hope that the limit will be very strict.

PUGs are terrabad as they are now, if we let in a bunch of 12 year old kids, it's going to become virtually unplayable.