Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ottffsse
07.20.2017 , 09:07 AM | #491
I switched to the crit relic/ 2000+ alactrity and 1700 crit setup. Sometimes I run 2100 alactrity now, seems to help with the overall speed nerfs.

VirtualMorrigan
07.21.2017 , 08:19 AM | #492
I have given up on trying to play my Corruption sorcs. Useless in a group now. Thank you BW, I was starting to almost have fun learning to do ops. That can't be allowed.

Screw this.

Chelz
07.26.2017 , 03:16 AM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Operative hasn't been the best healer since 3.0 changes. Sure it has good AoE and sustained, but sustained hps is rarely a problem. Burst damage is what kills people in both pvp and pve, not sustained damage. Sorcs could easily rival an operatives EHPS before, and that's without counting the shielding done with static barrier. There's a reason about 50% of all healers were sorcs in pve (from starparse stats) and probably way over that in pvp. If you really think Sorcs weren't by far the best healers before the nerf, I don't see the point discussing this at all
The reason over 50% of all healers on sp were sorcs was not because they were better healers it was because
1. Out of the 3 they are the easiest to play.
2. Peeps mistake their burst healing for being the best.
3. They carried a light saber and can shoot cool purple lightning.

And since you brought up SP, the highest numbered healer in most hm/nim ops on SP are Op healers not sorcs. It is mainly because they can do so much more then the one trick burst healing sorc. Once they took the burst away, they became useless. They had nothing else to fall back on. No hots, no aoe's, nothing. And their shield you are talking up so much, it equals, what, about a 15k heal at best? Please. that doesn't even touch one of the other two's hot's. So save it.

Also I never cared if they were the "best" or not. I just want them to be playable still in pve. In their current state, they are not. The nerf went way to far.

FerkWork
07.26.2017 , 02:55 PM | #494
Both energy cost and hps decrease at the same time is dumb. I have come to this conclusion because my friends Sorc heal. Revert energy increase or both cause yes. Memes have spoken.

VirtualMorrigan
07.27.2017 , 10:17 AM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post

Also I never cared if they were the "best" or not. I just want them to be playable still in pve. In their current state, they are not. The nerf went way to far.
That. Just that.

WooduckAUS
07.28.2017 , 09:08 AM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post
Also, Scoundrels/Op healers were the best healers in the game and still are, not sage's/sorc's. There goes that huh? Don't mistake burst healing for best. But don't worry they took that away so all good now. You can pvp.
I have all 3 healers and have been raiding nim with all of them as well. I find it really hard to understand how you believe this statement to be true. Not trying to attack you but I would love to run with a scoundrel/op through some nim content against my mando and see the actual numbers to back this statement up.

Are they viable for nim content, in the right hands, absolutely. Do they require a little more attention than pre nerf sages, yup. Would I consider them better than the other two classes, not even close.

The biggest problem, imo, has always been *how* they heal, not how much they heal. Their output has always been fine, but it's the reactive healing vs proactive healing that's always bothered me. The only time a scoundrel can really shine, is when there is massive, sustained, raid wide damage. I can only think of a couple of fights where that is useful. Most of the nim content is based around spike damage and small amounts of raid damage, which the other 2 healers can handle better and quicker than a scoundrel/op.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy scoundrel/op healing more so than the other 2, but without some QOL changes to how they heal, I just don't see the point in bringing one. Given their output potential has always been above the other 2 classes (though most of it is completely wasted on over heal and not recommended is nim raiding), I can see a nerf to output to bring things into line with post nerf sages, mando as well for that matter.

But I would love to be proved wrong and if someone wants to set up a run with their scoundrel/op, I would be happy to see it out heal my mando across a full raid.

As for the topic at hand, healing has been overtuned for pve raiding for a long time now and I have no problem with the devs pulling things back into line. As long as it's consistent across all 3 classes. The only way the sage nerf is too much, is if they do nothing to the other classes. Nerfing mandos will be a must, but if they nerf the output of the scoundrel/ops without changing some QoL things, I feel scoundrels may be the class left behind. Again.

Elusive_Thing
08.01.2017 , 03:45 AM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by WooduckAUS View Post
I have all 3 healers and have been raiding nim with all of them as well. I find it really hard to understand how you believe this statement to be true. Not trying to attack you but I would love to run with a scoundrel/op through some nim content against my mando and see the actual numbers to back this statement up.

Are they viable for nim content, in the right hands, absolutely. Do they require a little more attention than pre nerf sages, yup. Would I consider them better than the other two classes, not even close.

The biggest problem, imo, has always been *how* they heal, not how much they heal. Their output has always been fine, but it's the reactive healing vs proactive healing that's always bothered me. The only time a scoundrel can really shine, is when there is massive, sustained, raid wide damage. I can only think of a couple of fights where that is useful. Most of the nim content is based around spike damage and small amounts of raid damage, which the other 2 healers can handle better and quicker than a scoundrel/op.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy scoundrel/op healing more so than the other 2, but without some QOL changes to how they heal, I just don't see the point in bringing one. Given their output potential has always been above the other 2 classes (though most of it is completely wasted on over heal and not recommended is nim raiding), I can see a nerf to output to bring things into line with post nerf sages, mando as well for that matter.

But I would love to be proved wrong and if someone wants to set up a run with their scoundrel/op, I would be happy to see it out heal my mando across a full raid.

As for the topic at hand, healing has been overtuned for pve raiding for a long time now and I have no problem with the devs pulling things back into line. As long as it's consistent across all 3 classes. The only way the sage nerf is too much, is if they do nothing to the other classes. Nerfing mandos will be a must, but if they nerf the output of the scoundrel/ops without changing some QoL things, I feel scoundrels may be the class left behind. Again.
As you say, a problem with Operative healing is just how they heal. As they are at the moment, I feel they are an excellent addition to a raid team, but I would rather not go through NiM content with two Operative healers. They do, however, have excellent synergy with the other two classes. And in case you don't have a DPS Operative in the group, the raid buff is a nice bonus as well.

I also share your concern about the future of Operative healing. If their HPS goes down to the Sorcs' current level (as implied by Bioware's opening post here), they are likely to be in very big trouble. I sure hope that doesn't happen.