Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

teclado
06.22.2017 , 03:08 PM | #21
One thing that I'm sure y'all consider, but wasn't mentioned specifically, is the HPS on one vs multiple allies. I think the current player consensus is that Operatives are far better at healing multiple targets, Merc is best at burst healing a single target, and Sorc was kind of in-between. That's been my experience, at least.

From a PvP perspective, this gets really complicated. As somebody who plays dps in PvP more than anything else, I'm always in favor of nerfing healing. I do think that healing is a little too strong, but I also feel that there are a lot of dps players who aren't maximizing their character's potential either. So it's very anecdotal and just opinion, not a lot of quantitative evidence. With proper focus, it seems like Sorc healers, in particular, can be killed pretty easily (without guard). Merc has those great defensives, but their HPS isn't as good as Sorcs, therefore it generally makes more sense to CC them and go for something else.

From an operations perspective, this will probably make things more challenging. I played Merc heals on an HM op team for a bit. I could solo heal EV/KP Veteran Mode with 230 / 240 mixed gear (240 mods, 230/236/240 armorings and enhancements). For other HM ops, I rarely felt like healing output was a problem...at least nothing at fault with the class, just fault with my utilization of what I had to work with. With an Operative healer partner, I could quickly burst heal on people while he dropped HoTs and kept a steady average health on everybody, so the combination worked pretty well.

Anyway, I think there is more to consider than merely a target HPS. You have to think about HPS on how many group members? Burst healing vs sustained. Perhaps this is a situation where the healer with less burst should have a higher target HPS, just like a burst DPS spec has a lower target sustained DPS? If Merc heals sustained HPS (single / multi) is on par with Sorc, there would be no reason (that I can think of) to play Sorc heals because Merc defensives and burst healing are so much better.
Teclado - Sentinel, Vanguard, Combat Medic
Going all in Pub side PvP on Harbinger, because I'm a masochist.

Glocko
06.22.2017 , 03:09 PM | #22
They basically slapped Merc and Commando with a feather but crushed sorc heals with a freakin ton of bricks. I was not expecting that. We will know if they over did it when a single OP or Marauder global sorc heals in arena which is what I am expecting

Pizza_boy
06.22.2017 , 03:10 PM | #23
tl;dr

We have deleted the corruption tree from the game

May operatives now rule again
CN Man, The Connest of Men
Laet, Founder of the Sea Bear Regime
<Failure>

FerkWork
06.22.2017 , 03:10 PM | #24
Yay now all the Sorc specs can be equally trashed XD. Don't worry they'll give us a pity raise of DPS in Madness to "compensate".

Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
tl;dr

We have deleted the corruption tree from the game

May operatives now rule again
2.x hype PogChamp.

tyrningada
06.22.2017 , 03:10 PM | #25
It took you some time but I thank you for this nerf.
People will finally start to die in warzones yay ! This class was so easy to play that even newbies could make decent hps. This will happen no more i hope.

Evolixe
06.22.2017 , 03:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
One thing that I'm sure y'all consider, but wasn't mentioned specifically, is the HPS on one vs multiple allies. I think the current player consensus is that Operatives are far better at healing multiple targets, Merc is best at burst healing a single target, and Sorc was kind of in-between. That's been my experience, at least.
A Sorc is more of a utility healer when it comes to PvP, I think.
It might not have the best burst healing, or aoe healing, but it's ability to screw with enemy plans is unmatched.
And now you're going to actually have to do that a lot more again rather than just standing there and healing through it.

It's also by far the least viable healer to be a killtarget. Anyway, lets see where this gets us.
I think we should have these changes tested before going live though.
I mean making these changes, concluding they are too much and then putting Sorcs stuck with them for 4+ months would be a murder given neither of the DPS specs are really any threat.

Eomy
06.22.2017 , 03:13 PM | #27
I play Sorc, I understand it requires a nerf to balance it with other classes. However this nerf that you are planning will put it back into the dark ages when noone played it. I mean if this is your idea of balance then I really don't understand how your team gets it's numbers or where you get your information. You are nerfing the entire Sorc kit and also increasing the cost of the abilities, I mean this is just crazy, I may aswell install that other terrible mmo now.

VladThePada
06.22.2017 , 03:14 PM | #28
rip xd
V'ld/Beatrce/Kritsur
The Red Eclipse
The Waveburner Legacy
<All-Star Sync Squad>/<MVPs>

lmSlash
06.22.2017 , 03:15 PM | #29
may operatives reign again
Packs
Begeren Colony | The Harbinger
[ Insert pointless 5.0 Ops clears here in attempt to ravishingly display e-peen ]
~Make SWTOR Great Again ~ (something something elitism.)

Kingsbount
06.22.2017 , 03:16 PM | #30
Now buff sorcs DPS in the same amount as you nerfing sorcs healers.
At least it would be fair trade.
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров