Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jrbabar
06.22.2017 , 02:58 PM | #11
Ehhh, Why on earth are the dps sorc's getting a defensive nerf?!?! I dont understand that at all.

Corruption / Seer ofc, it's needed, but to nerf the dps sorc's defensive's, in the state they are in?? Not to mention no buffs to Lightning / TK..

I am really at a loss for words. I think there is a big disconnect happening between players and dev's. This blows my mind for real...

Racit
06.22.2017 , 02:58 PM | #12
Step 1 give tier 4 gear to save command System.
Step 2 nerf classes back to below tier 3

Gyronamics
06.22.2017 , 03:00 PM | #13
Quote:
These changes will undoubtedly look and feel harsh to players who have been healing on their Sorcerers / Sages for a long time.
Local sage healer who's been at it since dawn of time isn't even surprised.

Real game combat was being twisted by the existence of sage output in a way that the other healers were unable to match.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon

AireStyx
06.22.2017 , 03:01 PM | #14
I do get that sorc healing needed a nerf, considering that it was basically the only class that you could take 2 of them into 8 man Nightmare operations. The impression though that I get from the size of these nerfs is that this might be to large especially when looking back into the past at the way that sorc heals have needed to be buffed.

A better approach to changing the sorc healers would probably be to make the nerfs smaller first and then wait to see if they are still over performing. TO compare games this seems more like how the initial balancing was done in Starcraft II, which for those that didn't play the game were done poorly. I do get that there are limited resources to go around, but doing smaller changes allows for better tuning instead of trying to make massive changes and then realizing that you have to go back and either undo the changes or make even more changes because the target was missed.

raxantano
06.22.2017 , 03:02 PM | #15
Are you guys thinking about putting the new changes on the PTS so you can players test them and get the feedback from it?

Racit
06.22.2017 , 03:04 PM | #16
Nice ninja nerf to dps off heals

scardera
06.22.2017 , 03:05 PM | #17
now buff there DPS spec jeez....

Vodamin
06.22.2017 , 03:06 PM | #18
Now that's a slaughter. Are you guys even trying those changes? Those seem over the board.
PvP is cancer.

Evolixe
06.22.2017 , 03:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by scardera View Post
now buff there DPS spec jeez....
Nope. You don't get to raid
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Estelindis
06.22.2017 , 03:07 PM | #20
Ouch.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...