The most important reason to allow dual-spec

DarthBaptist

Diversity.

I'm now healer specced cause its easier to find groups and in pvp i bring more to the group.

However, since i specced healer i have seen that i dont do my daily quests in Ilum anymore cause tbh doing them as a healer, it just goes painfully slow. Even with my dps companion who has good gear.

Well if i have to respec 2 times everyday well that just isnt reachable. It costs upwards of 40k credits per respec

Dual spec will help these players ALOT. This is just frustrating.

And it wont really happen anymore staying in the Imperial Fleet spamming need tank or healer for half an hour cause many people would then spec to the healer or tank.

Edited by DarthBaptist

Wrong forum.

Also you're repeating an argument made thousands of times.

The counter argument is, it actually kills diversity becuase we all become the same, everyone can fill any roll (well, 2 out of 3). It also makes things too easy (which reduces meaning and feelings of acomplishment) and makes people more self sufficient which reduces interaction.

Diversity.

I'm now healer specced cause its easier to find groups and in pvp i bring more to the group.

However, since i specced healer i have seen that i dont do my daily quests in Ilum anymore cause tbh doing them as a healer, it just goes painfully slow. Even with my dps companion who has good gear.

Well if i have to respec 2 times everyday well that just isnt reachable. It costs upwards of 40k credits per respec

And it wont really happen anymore staying in the Imperial Fleet spamming need tank or healer for half an hour cause many people would then spec to the healer or tank.

I am so tired of people saying they NEED dual spec. No you do not.

I am an Commando, specced Healer. I love it. Yes it takes me longer to kill and complete dailies or any quest for that matter. Gues what it should take you longer to kill things. Your a healer.

Why people feel that they deserve dual spec is completely ridiculous. Quit saying we need it. Play the game as it was made and OMG enjoy it. If you want to kill things faster then maybe you should have been DPS specced and not a healer.

Why don't we just eliminate all the classes and create 1 for each side. Republic Hero and Imperial Hero. They each can heal, tank and DPS no problem.

But i want to be able to switch sides, it's not fair that i can't play half the content and am locked out of half the game due to a decision i made when i forst got the game!

I am so tired of people saying they NEED dual spec. No you do not.

I am an Commando, specced Healer. I love it. Yes it takes me longer to kill and complete dailies or any quest for that matter. Gues what it should take you longer to kill things. Your a healer.

Why people feel that they deserve dual spec is completely ridiculous. Quit saying we need it. Play the game as it was made and OMG enjoy it. If you want to kill things faster then maybe you should have been DPS specced and not a healer.

Individuals don't need dual spec, the community however does. You see, unless a full 25% of the population decides they want to sacrifice leveling speed to fill that absolutely necessarily healing role in groups, then we have a problem. 1 person out of every 4 needs to be a healer or players sit idle spamming general chat for a healer whenever they want to run a flashpoint. It just poor game design from a community standpoint and its simple BASIC math to realize why.

Now it could be argued that full spec healers aren't entirely necessary especially for the lower level flashpoints for sure. But the higher level ones really push things. Plus if the full healing spec isn't required then why would anyone spec healing? As you said it takes longer to level using it.

We have a similar problem with tanks. I understand and empathize with healers who choose their support role to be a pure healer. I see how dual spec would be threatening to your unique role. But it's just poor game design to have to the community be overly-dependent on a role that is in such poor supply.

I'm sorry people but at what point did you think that duel speccing would not be allowed?

Its clear that allot of you don't work in developer environments that have to meet and work to very tight deadlines this means that inevitably things will get left out of the release product.

Just be patient and wait guys or better yet just leave and don't come back if you cant play without whining.

it's gonna be in the game sooner or less.

Bioware said that.

Eat your heart out anti dual spec people :)

this +10

all dual speccing does is add OPTIONS...and options are never a bad thing.

dont want dual spec? fine, dont use it.

most of us want it however...i was personally annoyed when i found out its not already in the game, since i did want to level my bh as a heal spec, but considering you dont get a tank companion til...meh, cant remember when i got torian...(wish you had an option to choose a starter companion)...its a no brainer to just do dps as a merc with mako healing.

sorry, long winded...yes, give us dual spec....because ...

OPTIONS ARE GOOD

Diversity.

Wrong forum, and why would you need dual spec? It is as a healer very easy to find someone in Ilum to do the quests with... might only be another healer or one of those "stealthy leave me alone guys" who would say no to group with a healer.

Now it could be argued that full spec healers aren't entirely necessary especially for the lower level flashpoints for sure. But the higher level ones really push things. Plus if the full healing spec isn't required then why would anyone spec healing? As you said it takes longer to level using it.

Not sure about any lack of healers or tanks… It is something I never seen any in one of the guilds I taken part of. It is rather too many who want to heal or tank, especially at raid level. However, most of them stay away from PUGs due to the people you often meet in them. You know, the dps who always pull or the even more retarded dps who moans about everything but don’t do his part.

I do plenty of healers in swtor (none at 50 yet) and my ignore list keeps growing.

Individuals don't need dual spec, the community however does. You see, unless a full 25% of the population decides they want to sacrifice leveling speed to fill that absolutely necessarily healing role in groups, then we have a problem. 1 person out of every 4 needs to be a healer or players sit idle spamming general chat for a healer whenever they want to run a flashpoint. It just poor game design from a community standpoint and its simple BASIC math to realize why.

This is so amazingly wrong it's funny.

First of all, I've leveled as a Healer and it's no sacrifice at all. I kept pace with the pack quite nicely. The assumption that playing the game as a healer is somehow a worse experience than the other tracks is nonsense.

Secondly, your assumption that 25% of the population must be healers assumes that the entire population is doing group missions all of the time. This clearly isn't true. I can run an instance with my healer...and then run another right after with a different group.

In the few weeks I've been playing I've never had to wait long to find a healer or a tank (when playing a non-healer). Being social helps. You can always count on friends to group with you and fill whatever roles are needed.