New Arena Feedback

septru

It's too elevated, it's too separated. Teams who run hardswap will want to be at the top whilst teams who run pressure will want to fight down inside the hill. There are going to be stalemates due to a team not wanting to go up to the elevated platform. One knockback for a hardswap team is pretty much a guaranteed kill. No one likes going up top in teams in orbital, they certainly will not want to go up top in the new rishi map, I think to resolve the hill needs to be lower and and maybe ramps going up, built a bit like a pyramid. I'm very concerned about this new map, he who has the best knockback wins, not he who has the best team. Oh and not to mention there is a spawn bug where you die when you run out of spawn

Diavola originally posted this in the pvp forums. I am reposting it because he is 100 percent correct.

The biggest flaws with Orbital Station and Makeb Arena are that the different levels of elevation create a EXTREMELY overpowered knockback. Classes like sniper, merc, sorc always go up while classes like mara, operative, jugg always go down. Sometimes this results in a stalemate because both teams refuse to give up their position, somtimes it results in an aids fest where one team is being constantly knocked back. In group ranked, both teams usually go down to eliminate the "cancerous" knock back strats.

This map's elevation allows for knockbacks to be too strong. This map is even worse than other arenas because the elevation is even greater. People that get knocked off would take even longer to get back ontop than Orbital or Makeb.

My solution: reduce the height of the middle platform by half and expand the size of the ramps.

Put more pillars on top in like a square form for los, and put walls around the edges up top. or fences..

Prum is 100% correct and so is the OG poster. This will create nothing but KB games from hell with way too much time to get back upstairs.