Character 'Stark' (Class mission The Euphony) = unbeatable

EurythmyX

I'll take you up on that. I love nothing like a good PvE challenge. I'll kill the damn Stark man, reset the phase, kill him again, reset phase, kill him and so on until i'm satisfied. I will film it as well ^_^

PS i didn't read page 2 of this thread and i won't. Too many walls of text and i'm going through a lot of those these days...

PS2 i'll do my best to get there today but i don't have much time... It might be tomorrow or monday. I will check back though

Hi & yes you show the right attitude before facing off with the unbeatable Stark-programm. In fact you sound exacty as confident as i did...some 7 days ago...before i became a-feeling-alike-dead-man-walking......

Though the comments provided by especially Spudik are realy interesting to say the least...still i wonder about the following:

My own encounters with Stark I decided after say 35 fights to realy choose for Iresso as my best companion (real durable)...I kept standing in the big hall...I started to first shield Iresso = activated some special both benefitting skills...I send Iresso attacking Stark; in this beginning I allways went hammering Stark with heavy blows + kinetic throws (strenghtened by my relics)...while also using my fash mind skills/interrupts...next after that when Stark went looking at me I placed myself some steps to the right (shielding behind the wall & still being able to refresh Iresso with health + force armor....next what happen is Stark comes out (at that time he is already below say 50% health) facing me and me I go running around the crates (LoS)..however...being LoS I noticed that far too much of his blows & throws still seem to hit me(???)...my health is meling down fast to say 50%...then (as out of nothing!!!) Stark is again fully loaded a 100%....focusses on Iresso & hammers him away in say 5-6 secs (realy...this is true...comes all out of nothing!)...& then Stark focussing on me...me running...self healing but my powers melting down to zero & being hammered down in 3-4 secs with his incredible fast & unbelievable high dps volleys. This is my experince afte some 50 fights. It allways goes this same way.

So, logical to ask follwing logical questions:

1) how come that Stark heals up to a full 100% in just secs from 40% to 100% while i kept hammering the interrupts? Isn't that very odd, to say the least???

2) I allways succedd to bring down Stark below 50% health during a couple of minutes fight. Always. So, question: obviously Stark can destroy me & Iresso as right from the start easily. If he can do so out of 40% health...why doesn't the programm allow Stark to do exactly same in the beginning of the fight??? Doesn't strike you these cold facts a realy odd???

So, conclusion: the analyses of my specs by Spudik/Halinalle/Magi Ster which I trust are very experienced players, are realy appreciated by me. But still, they do not explain the strange unbelievable fights I encounter with Stark(!) I defeated opponents far more difficult than Stark (also droids which I had to figure out, some real tricky droids)....but those were all entertaining & challenging fights. I like that. But Those class-mission-fixed -outcome-fights against the likes as Stark can not be compared in any logical way with my earlier won but difficult fair-chance-fights I encountered in SWTOR as from the beginning. It seems the real strange & unexplainable encounters take a start for me as soon as from the Belsavis class-mission. Before that trime, all is ok...difficult sometime, yes, but for sure not fixed outcomes as happens on Belsavis.

Yes, I make some jokes from time to time, to keep things pleasant for all. But I sincerely am convinced that chars such as Stark bear 'some kind of buid-in programmed-mechanism determinating the chance one gets for winning as from the start."

I keep saying: one gets 1x 50%-fair-chance-fight against Stark for each 50 encounters. So, 49 times failures are decided even before yr fight even starts..

But I also so: one can get to be lucky if you 50%-fair chance you get within yr 1st 3 encounters...& you win that. But then we are only talking luck here.

Anyway, I myself am not up to another 50 encounters with Stark. I leave the class mission be for the next weeks & better go do some planet missions & so.

I sincerely wish you succes & enjoyement

It is hard to say without seeing things rly. Wild guess would be u run too far from the start of the fight (resets his hp to 100%) and aggro him immediatly with dots or something. Could be this or 10 other things rly...

Also taking dmg even if u are not in LoS happens quite often with NPCs actualy got something to do with the hamsters that are powering up servers :p

Edited by spudik

Not there yet, just got to nar shadaa but i'll breeze through it. I guess he has some abilities that activate when he's below a certain percentage health. I'm not worried to be honest. I'm an experienced player as well ;)

I'm planning on killing him and resetting the instance more than a few times to show that there is no such thing as a fixed match in this game.

Edited by Kawabonga

Not there yet, just got to nar shadaa but i'll breeze through it. I guess he has some abilities that activate when he's below a certain percentage health. I'm not worried to be honest. I'm an experienced player as well ;)

I'm planning on killing him and resetting the instance more than a few times to show that there is no such thing as a fixed match in this game.

hum...as isn't it with all: maybe better to judge some kind of situation when one has gathered all the facts first?:rolleyes:

Meantime, I was wondering: I hear & read all experienced players stating "Sentinels/Sage's are difficult to play & weak. Seems all of em go playing guardains & their Sith counterparts...

Having read all that I was just wondering maybe we all better go play Guardian & drop the weak Sage's? Imagine: all players playing same class tanks...only two kind of payers to play: Guardians or Sith counterparts...is it going that way? Let's just go skipp the subtile tactics & strategy playing...let's all jump-in a Guardian? Is that the aesy solution? No doubt one wouild for sure pass Belsavis tyhat way!:) Is that the best solution. Wherever you read about Sage's for instance the "experienced players on the different guiding sites" state that Sage's are far too weak to play with. Such can only lead to one conclusion. Let's just all jump-in some tank guardian & go hammering in insane ways...just keep hammering the buttons, does not even matter what buttuns you hit as long as you keep hammering it all you will be victorious & feel a great subtile/strategic/tactical player afterwards? Hell...one would even be able to put easy 'winnings on YT"...just brainstorming here. I had to leave a Jedi Sentinel behind due to unbeatable class char also on Belsavis. Maybe now I better leave the second, my Sage, also on Belsavis & start all over again with the best tank dps player this game provides : the Guardians (& counterparts) & thus joining the legendary 'highly skilled' fights of the 'experts dps wielders"? Or will that just be some insane hammering which will soon bore me to death since the winnings will come far to easily? Again, was just brainstorming....;)

Thing with that is that Sentinel is the hardest class to master while Guardian is one of the easiest to play when u have 2 equaly bad players then the Guardian will always get better result. Making it the best class for newbies. So thats why many ppl say go play guardian its easier for them then actualy teach some1 willing to learn.

If u have 2 gd players then Sentinel will always come up in terms of Dps but its hard work to achieve

Edited by spudik

Thing with that is that Sentinel is the hardest class to master while Guardian is one of the easiest to play when u have 2 equaly bad players then the Guardian will always get better result. Making it the best class for newbies. So thats why many ppl say go play guardian its easier for them then actualy teach some1 willing to learn.

If u have 2 gd players then Sentinel will always come up in terms of Dps but its hard work to achieve

Of course I fully agree with you (...but you already knew that...must have been the 'wink' i placed at the end of the comment :)

Just like you I do not opine there are bad/good/best chars/classes to play. All are even. Only thing different is the playing styles all various players prefer. So, each can pick the class he or she likes the most. I myself like the challenging classes (= my style of life)...yes...maybe somewhat more difficult to master but I experience that as positive, challenging, real entertaining. And as you said, yes, when one finally had the success mastering the difficult classes then it will 'get to be a total new ball-game' as the saying goes. And think of this; what is more entertaining than beating a heavy tank with an (underestimated) Sentinel or Sage (when one has the skills to do so...talking about real life skills) in PvP at some time later on & 'hearing yr opponent thinking: "that came out of the blue???! How did that minor Sage (or Sentinel) do that???:D

So, I like the difficuly ones & that is the reason I picked the Sentinel & Sage: just because I saw so many state: those are weak?! At that moment i thought by myself: 'well, then those are exactly/precisely the class chars I want to master & play...to be able to surprise them all afterwards.

As for my Sage, well, I will give it some other 15 fights against Stark (being guided by your advise & information about the gear & skill adjustment)...& if everything may fail...well...then I call in another player to het both my Sentinel & Sage pass the Belsavis class missions. So, there is no problem there. Can call someone in now..but I am not an easy quitter...I want to try it first with other means/skills...thus on my own. That's the way I like my gamings: the challlenges keep me focussed.

CHEERS!

So you can't interrupt? Can you see when enemy is casting something? Have you by any chance disabled "Target Castbar"?

I wouldn't say that I'm "experienced player". Only "good enough". I get defeated just like everyone else, I learn from mistakes, I try to learn about every weakness my enemy has and turn it against him/her.

Edited by Halinalle

Im starting to like you :D You are the kind of player that (after some time of arguing) can take the advice and live up to it, over all make the game better. I just wish that most of the other player I meet, that are completely clueless in FPs or general leveling could be like u. U still think about what u do (sometimes for the worse like with that main hand thing) but u think, thats important :)

On the other hand I'm very interested what u would say on Dark Souls seeing as the enemy was unbeatable :) I've played it some time ago and it brought back memories. Games of the last few years are easier and easier. Days where we started on vanila WoW are long dead, nothing worked there, google wasnt an option no1 gave us advice and when something harder occurs now it is a real kick in the crotch for new players :) We had to learn the things the hard way and it still works for us making games like this a real piece of cake :)

Edited by spudik

Im starting to like you :D You are the kind of player that (after some time of arguing) can take the advice and live up to it, over all make the game better. I just wish that most of the other player I meet, that are completely clueless in FPs or general leveling could be like u. U still think about what u do (sometimes for the worse like with that main hand thing) but u think, thats important :)

On the other hand I'm very interested what u would say on Dark Souls seeing as the enemy was unbeatable :) I've played it some time ago and it brought back memories. Games of the last few years are easier and easier. Days where we started on vanila WoW are long dead, nothing worked there, google wasnt an option no1 gave us advice and when something harder occurs now it is a real kick in the crotch for new players :) We had to learn the things the hard way and it still works for us making games like this a real piece of cake :)

..starting to like me? like this sounclip yt?

"Golden Earring - Radar Love"

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqMKf7r7Xg"

..i sure hope not! I sense that soon your gonna unveil to us that in fact you are the 'the evil brain' having learned Stark all his deadly moves to use against us!hahaha, just kidding around a bit, I know you do appreciate bits of well-placed humor.

In fact, I stumbled on that sound when I placed the other Golden Earring song in my earlier posting (the dead-row-one with a wink); quite a good sound that song. We are a bit cheerful in Holland now we have won of Spain this evening soccer match WC we won 5-1 (= we experience that as a little bit payback to Spain for our lost final WC in year 2010 against Spain).

As to yr comment: guiding sites for game mechanics/gear etc etc. for MMO's on internet: imo real ok since excellent MMO's such as SWTOR provide seemingly endless possibilities & varations to choose from & that makes it all very interesting. So such sites (the good ones, i mean) make it possible for players to learn easy & fast in comfortble ways.

And no, I never felt the urge to try Dark Souls; strikes me as a bit gloomy/dark game having to fight the demons all the time in the darkness. But seems a lot like it. Did my entrance with MMO with EVE some 3 years ago, have still two active accounts there but I only log in there for placing new training skills to accumulate xp when I am away; bit quiet there, also nice people & community there, I respect them also. But not much happening there, bit quiet, so I almost never logged in last 3 months. And WoW; my girlfriend plays it, seems she has a lot of friends there, maybe that why she likes it, i do not know for sure.

And me, well I keep track of only the most popular MMO's. Must say I opine SWTOR overall is the best there is; allways vibrant/living & never a single dull moment & offers the possibilities for subtile tactics & strategics & much more. I like it much. Besides that I have many games on Steam: Assassins Creed series + Black Flag + Total War series; Shogun II I opine as the best of the series sofar...but the Steam games are not MMO's but kind of standlones with dlc's; cannot be compared with big MMO's experience.

Now I see lots of people yelling on TV that Holland will be World Champion Soccer this year(!?)...I sure hope so, but all based on one single first won game....hahahaha...fun:)

Edited by EurythmyX
typing errors

So you can't interrupt? Can you see when enemy is casting something? Have you by any chance disabled "Target Castbar"?

I wouldn't say that I'm "experienced player". Only "good enough". I get defeated just like everyone else, I learn from mistakes, I try to learn about every weakness my enemy has and turn it against him/her.

Hi,

No, the target castbar I have on, I see him starting. But I must admit when Stark is going chasing me around the crates & my force power say 20% , haha, at those moments in final stage I loose track of reviewing his activities being so busy to stay alive. About the hits/blows receiving from Stark while I am out of sight, partly could be parts of debris which was already underway. I quess at present objectively my RL skills Sage = 6.5 out of 10; trust that will improve coming months. At present I am in no way some kind of experienced Jedi Sage. Takes time to get the more experience later on.

It really sounds like your rotation is bad or your tank can't hold aggro or doesn't survive long enough but then again it still sounds like lack of dps. Do you mean that your Force is 20%? Shouldn't happen in any fight with level 45+ TK Sage, unless you're using heals. In most fights only thing you need to keep on your tank companion is Force Armor. You should never heal excessively as dps Sage because you just don't have enough force to use them (not saying it's much easier for Seer Sages either :))

I noticed that for Iresso's stats you didn't mention shield rating and absorb.

I have done this fight twice.

Once on my shadow. The first time I was killed because I didn't pay attention to his attacks and didn't interrupt when I should have and I didn't have my healer. The second time I pay attention and interrupted his attacks and was using Tharan. It went much smoother.

The next time on my Sage (she's a healer) and had no problem as I knew what to expect. I also made sure all my gear was updated and my companions as well. I had modable gear for me and my companion and had the right gear.

Only thing I had to learn was how to time my interrupts correctly and make sure they all weren't on cool down at the same time. I also had to learn that there was a distance that I could use my interrupts where it would work correctly. If I was too far out of range of him they didn't work right .

Yes this is a tough fight but it can be done.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

What I find endlessly confusing is contradictory advice as to what secondary stats the character needs. I had no troubles with Accuracy loaded Smuggler (and defense-shield-absorb Riggs), but apparently I should have had Power and Surge... My Healer is primarily Alacrity based, but I guess it's all wrong according to other folks. Mind boggling. On the higher crafting levels, when I look at the choices of enhancements 22 I am ready to weep, because there gotta be more than a dozen of them. I actually equipped Pierce, my latest re-equip with power enhancements rather than defense because I am curious if it is really that important. It is also news to me that a weapon contributes more than the rest of the gear. I just assumed it all added up. I always upgraded everything whole-sale every 4 levels or as gear is available.

I still think the academic differences of power over surge contribute less to survivability than intelligent player positioning. I dunno, just a gut feeling. I am thinking of eventually running a solo Shadow when I can't rely on a tank to save my behind, so I dunno. Having so many stats and so little explanation as to how they work and to what exactly they contribute is certainly a problem with this game.

As well as the unfathomable reason why a PvP character should be equipped differently from a PvE character. Gods only know why.

Edited by DomiSotto

What I find endlessly confusing is contradictory advice as to what secondary stats the character needs. I had no troubles with Accuracy loaded Smuggler (and defense-shield-absorb Riggs), but apparently I should have had Power and Surge... My Healer is primarily Alacrity based, but I guess it's all wrong according to other folks. Mind boggling. On the higher crafting levels, when I look at the choices of enhancements 22 I am ready to weep, because there gotta be more than a dozen of them. I actually equipped Pierce, my latest re-equip with power enhancements rather than defense because I am curious if it is really that important. It is also news to me that a weapon contributes more than the rest of the gear. I just assumed it all added up. I always upgraded everything whole-sale every 4 levels or as gear is available.

I still think the academic differences of power over surge contribute less to survivability than intelligent player positioning. I dunno, just a gut feeling. I am thinking of eventually running a solo Shadow when I can't rely on a tank to save my behind, so I dunno. Having so many stats and so little explanation as to how they work and to what exactly they contribute is certainly a problem with this game.

As well as the unfathomable reason why a PvP character should be equipped differently from a PvE character. Gods only know why.

Take a look at this site it might help explain the secondary stats better for you.

But a healer should have power first (unless you use your primary-willpower, cunning, etc) as it will increase the healing done.

http://swtorstrategyguide.org/swtor-stats-attributes/

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Hi, Spudik, Halinalle, Mega-ster,

You were right as from the start: my main was not equiped the right way. I even noticed that tough i placed MK-9 I failed to put in the resolve augments also(?) Changed the gear as you told to adept enh. (= power + surge) & initiative enh. (=accuracy + power), the hilt to resolve hilt, crystal to power, & changed the relics to 2x hawkeye mind-bending (= increasing power by 145 each for 30 secs.) & changed implants + D-focus. This new equip based focussed on Willpower > power > Surge >Critical as you advised to do. Stats of the Sage Kinetic at present:

str 95 / Pres. 214 / aim 47 / Cunning 97 / Endurance 1238 / Willpower 1121/ damage pri 400-528 / bonus damage 143 / accuracy 96,95% critical 7,94% / crit. mult. 70,41 / health 14625 / armor 2084 / damage red. 16,97% / defense chance 11,57

In short: obviously as from beginning with the Sage I was playing it on approx. 60% of its dpsmax possibilies, each level. Bit stupid of me that I failed to notice that earlier:rolleyes:. On the other hand: made the fights before Belsavis quite challenging in tactical ways as playing on 60% dps-power only, i mean.:)

Beated Stark today,in fact far too easily with the aboce specs...since level 47 and above stats is kind of overkill.

Thank you both for the helping advise provided. Players like you (&others alike) form the basis of pleasant & nice MMO communities(!) Maybe, this thread can be referred to in future if another player might have some problems beating Stark.

Thread closed, CHEERS!

Hi, Spudik, Halinalle, Mega-ster,

You were right as from the start: my main was not equiped the right way. I even noticed that tough i placed MK-9 I failed to put in the resolve augments also(?) Changed the gear as you told to adept enh. (= power + surge) & initiative enh. (=accuracy + power), the hilt to resolve hilt, crystal to power, & changed the relics to 2x hawkeye mind-bending (= increasing power by 145 each for 30 secs.) & changed implants + D-focus. This new equip based focussed on Willpower > power > Surge >Critical as you advised to do. Stats of the Sage Kinetic at present:

str 95 / Pres. 214 / aim 47 / Cunning 97 / Endurance 1238 / Willpower 1121/ damage pri 400-528 / bonus damage 143 / accuracy 96,95% critical 7,94% / crit. mult. 70,41 / health 14625 / armor 2084 / damage red. 16,97% / defense chance 11,57

In short: obviously as from beginning with the Sage I was playing it on approx. 60% of its dpsmax possibilies, each level. Bit stupid of me that I failed to notice that earlier:rolleyes:. On the other hand: made the fights before Belsavis quite challenging in tactical ways as playing on 60% dps-power only, i mean.:)

Beated Stark today,in fact far too easily with the aboce specs...since level 47 and above stats is kind of overkill.

Thank you both for the helping advise provided. Players like you (&others alike) form the basis of pleasant & nice MMO communities(!) Maybe, this thread can be referred to in future if another player might have some problems beating Stark.

Thread closed, CHEERS!

I'm glad things are looking gd now :) Also don't neglect the critical rating completely. Having around 150-200 crit rating (2-4 items, based on ur level) will only make things better.