So Darth Traya is...

Slowpokeking

http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/02/exlusive-interview-with-drew-karpyshyn.html

Q: Can you confirm that the Sith Entity from the Sith Warrior's storyline is in fact Kreia? Or give any hint/clue related to this? Codex entry about the entity seems very familiar and Kreia fits into it perfectly. Will we get to see more of the sith entity in SW:TOR's future storyline?

A: I didn't write this, so I can't comment 100%. But I think it's suppposed to be Kreia.

But why would she call the Emperor "My love"?

Edited by Slowpokeking

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a ton for the respect you have shown for those of us who have not finished that story by using those spoiler tags in this thread. :rolleyes:

That would have been cool to work out on my own when I got to it.

Sorry I was too excited.

Yuuupyyyy!!

Yeah it has been knowned for a while.

From the description alone it makes sense to be her spirit yet, as much i enjoyed the sith warrior story, it pales in comparisson to anything on KOTOR or KOTOR 2 and swtor kreia, isnt even similar not by voice or apearence, and even personality when you talk to her at least. If it wasnt by the description i dont think anyone would have guessed. About calling the emperor her love, you must remember what kreia always wanted, and what the emperor goal seems to be at this point. ( play the jedi knight story for more details) I think Nihilius and vitiate have very litle in comon when you realy look at it. Nihilius was a thing, a "hunger" nothing more nothing less. Vitiate its quite diferent though, he has some sort of end game not just imortality for the sake of it. At this point its a bit unclear, what end game is, but that involves his ascention to something, while comsumes not only life but the force itself. Like Nathema, as become place without the force.

Edited by Spartanik

Yuuupyyyy!!

Yeah it has been knowned for a while.

From the description alone it makes sense to be her spirit yet, as much i enjoyed the sith warrior story, it pales in comparisson to anything on KOTOR or KOTOR 2 and swtor kreia, isnt even similar not by voice or apearence, and even personality when you talk to her at least. If it wasnt by the description i dont think anyone would have guessed. About calling the emperor her love, you must remember what kreia always wanted, and what the emperor goal seems to be at this point. ( play the jedi knight story for more details) I think Nihilius and vitiate have very litle in comon when you realy look at it. Nihilius was a thing, a "hunger" nothing more nothing less. Vitiate its quite diferent though, he has some sort of end game not just imortality for the sake of it. At this point its a bit unclear, what end game is, but that involves his ascention to something, while comsumes not only life but the force itself. Like Nathema, as become place without the force.

Um.... No.

Traya quite specifically did NOT want mass slaughter of life, as is Vitiates goal. She just wanted the force gone, for no gain of her own, completely opposite to vitiate, a slave to the dream of power, unwilling to think of anything else....

Honestly I refuse to believe it is Kreia, I just can't. It doesn't make sense. SHE WOULDN'T BE AN ENTITY. SHE HATED THE FORCE.

Um.... No.

Traya quite specifically did NOT want mass slaughter of life, as is Vitiates goal. She just wanted the force gone, for no gain of her own, completely opposite to vitiate, a slave to the dream of power, unwilling to think of anything else....

Honestly I refuse to believe it is Kreia, I just can't. It doesn't make sense. SHE WOULDN'T BE AN ENTITY. SHE HATED THE FORCE.

Uh.. yes! nathema was devoid of Force.... but to be clear Vitiate end game is a bit unclear, but its pretty clear that his rituals arent just to kill life, in fact for all we care to end all life in the galaxy isnt even Vitiates goal, but a means to an end, i cant stop thinking of Anubis character from stargate, for instance, or sauron.

Not to mention there is no evidence that there is Life without the force, only on kreias mind. What she was after was an ilusion. kreia might have hated the force, but she could not escape from it, just like any of us cant escape the world and enviroment we live in. How come she couldnt become a spirit? well there is no death there is the force.. thats why! It might as well not being something she can chose. Both Vitiate and Kreia are actualy after something probably Utópic that alone makes them similar though.

Codex on the entity

Darth Baras’s rise to power has been facilitated by his enslavement of a Sith spirit known only as the Entity. Baras dominated this centuries-dead Sith into using her powers of precognition and farseeing to aid his ascendancy onto the Dark Council while plotting the destruction of all enemies in his path. The Entity chafes at her enslavement, desperately seeking freedom from this ignoble fate. Centuries ago, she nearly brought the galaxy to its knees and all but eradicated the Jedi Order; to be used as a mere political tool by Darth Baras is an insult to these past deeds .
Whataver you might think you must also consider bioware negligence on most if not all Obsidian characters.

Edited by Spartanik

Uh.. yes! nathema was devoid of Force.... but to be clear Vitiate end game is a bit unclear, but its pretty clear that his rituals arent just to kill life, in fact for all we care to end all life in the galaxy isnt even Vitiates goal, but a means to an end, i cant stop thinking of Anubis character from stargate, for instance, or sauron.

Not to mention there is no evidence that there is Life without the force, only on kreias mind. What she was after was an ilusion. kreia might have hated the force, but she could not escape from it, just like any of us cant escape the world and enviroment we live in. How come she couldnt become a spirit? well there is no death there is the force.. thats why! It might as well not being something she can chose. Both Vitiate and Kreia are actualy after something probably Utópic that alone makes them similar though.

Codex on the entity Whataver you might think you must also consider bioware negligence on most if not all Obsidian characters.

Um No.

To devoid the life from the world he killed everyone, everyone. No one could survive on Natheema, and yes, there is proof. Anyone who stays on Natheema long enough is ripped apart, so any force energy they have is scattered to fill the void of Natheema.

And yes he wants to kill ALL LIFE. Scourge said as much in the knight story, it was explained in the Revan novel, sith on Belsavis in the Knight story said it, same as on Voss+ Correllia. The invasion of Belsavis was secretly a plot to kill so many people that the emperor could begin the ritual again, and destroy all sith and life on the planet to feed himself.

He wants power.

He doesnt care how he gets it.

Hes not looking for a means to an end, hes looking for the end. And all he wants in the End is his unlimited power.

Um No.

To devoid the life from the world he killed everyone, everyone. No one could survive on Natheema, and yes, there is proof. Anyone who stays on Natheema long enough is ripped apart, so any force energy they have is scattered to fill the void of Natheema.

And yes he wants to kill ALL LIFE. Scourge said as much in the knight story, it was explained in the Revan novel, sith on Belsavis in the Knight story said it, same as on Voss+ Correllia. The invasion of Belsavis was secretly a plot to kill so many people that the emperor could begin the ritual again, and destroy all sith and life on the planet to feed himself.

He wants power.

He doesnt care how he gets it.

Hes not looking for a means to an end, hes looking for the end. And all he wants in the End is his unlimited power.

you realize you are not contraditing me on Nathema, i cleary said he devoid the force and life in there so yeah it was a place devoid of Force as well not only Life that being the point of connection with kreia... whataver is your opinon, i see it diferent, and i read the book Revan, i played KOTOR2 and i played the jedi knight story as well, scourge says what he believes and i also recall him saying that he doesnt know what the emperor wants after its done. I played the sith warrior story too, and the emperor mentions his ascendency into something greater, whataver that means for the galaxy besides consuming alot of lifes, what is what after is unknowned. As i said before you must also take into account Bioware negligence of Obsidian characters and their storyline, The emperor ascension if you will not even scourge has a clue what realy intails besides the rituals.

you realize you are not contraditing me on Nathema, i cleary said he devoid the force and life in there so yeah it was a place devoid of Force as well not only Life that being the point of connection with kreia... whataver is your opinon, i see it diferent, and i read the book Revan, i played KOTOR2 and i played the jedi knight story as well, scourge says what he believes and i also recall him saying that he doesnt know what the emperor wants after its done. I played the sith warrior story too, and the emperor mentions his ascendency into something greater, whataver that means for the galaxy besides consuming alot of lifes, what is what after is unknowned. As i said before you must also take into account Bioware negligence of Obsidian characters and their storyline, The emperor ascension if you will not even scourge has a clue what realy intails besides the rituals.

You said Kreia wanted no force, and that there was no proof that there is no pocibilty of life without force, my Natheema point DID contradict that, as i just proved that there is no life without the force.At least not the way Vitiate does it. And it is said multiple times that the Emperor wishes to ascend to something greater by destroying all life and giving himself unlimited power, which he will use to stay aboard a ship that is travelling to another galaxy, which he will conquer. Now the galaxy part we dont know is true, but the Sith under his command were brainwashed into telling the Knight That he was GOING to kill all life, but they thought he would resurrect them.

Edited by Selenial

You said Kreia wanted no force, and that there was no proof that there is no pocibilty of life without force, my Natheema point DID contradict that, as i just proved that there is no life without the force.At least not the way Vitiate does it. And it is said multiple times that the Emperor wishes to ascend to something greater by destroying all life and giving himself unlimited power, which he will use to stay aboard a ship that is travelling to another galaxy, which he will conquer. Now the galaxy part we dont know is true, but the Sith under his command were brainwashed into telling the Knight That he was GOING to kill all life, but they thought he would resurrect them.

dude i said there is no proof that there is life without the force, and as you say Nathema doesnt hold life there and its also devoid of the Force wich only strengs the view that isnt possible. How is your nathema point contradicting anything? Kreia thought that Life would be better without the Force, yet Nathema possibly seems to prove her wrong, the main point being is that Vitiate was able to devoid the force from a whole planet a thing that Kreia in a way once aspired to devoid the galaxy of the force in her case.

And vitiate acomplish some measure of that. In that sense i can see Kreia the "entity" calling the emperor "my love" it might be far fetched or maybe not, but one must take into account bioware story writting, on this, wich never realy favored any character of KOTOR2. In other words the entity might be realy her since they realy dont care much of what kreia is and her thoughts as a character.

Im sry my english might not be the best right now

Edited by Spartanik

dude i said there is no proof that there is life without the force, and as you say Nathema doesnt hold life there and its also devoid of the Force wich only strengs the view that isnt possible. How is your nathema point contradicting anything? Kreia thought that Life would be better without the Force, yet Nathema possibly seems to prove her wrong, the main point being is that Vitiate was able to devoid the force from a whole planet a thing that Kreia in a way once aspired to devoid the galaxy of the force in her case.

And vitiate acomplish some measure of that. In that sense i can see Kreia the "entity" calling the emperor "my love" it might be far fetched or maybe not, but one must take into account bioware story writting, on this, wich never realy favored any character of KOTOR2. In other words the entity might be realy her since they realy dont care much of what kreia is and her thoughts as a character.

Im sry my english might not be the best right now

Its contradicting because i said that Kreia did not want everyone to die.

She thought that Mass extinction was an abomination, she hated the idea of everyone dying.

She wanted people to live without the force, the Emperor acomplished ridding the force from one planet, however, he did it to gain Force power, which she would hate, and he also killed all life in the process, and life is not possible without the force, when it is done by his method.

Thats what im contradicting, the fact you say Kreia would like his way of Removing the force from a world, when in fact, she would hate it. For multiple reasons.

Its contradicting because i said that Kreia did not want everyone to die.

She thought that Mass extinction was an abomination, she hated the idea of everyone dying.

She wanted people to live without the force, the Emperor acomplished ridding the force from one planet, however, he did it to gain Force power, which she would hate, and he also killed all life in the process, and life is not possible without the force, when it is done by his method.

Thats what im contradicting, the fact you say Kreia would like his way of Removing the force from a world, when in fact, she would hate it. For multiple reasons.

Or she could love him because he was able to kill the force in one place... it realy can be taken both ways

To be honest i just think it only shows Bioware negligence on this and i still think Vitiate reasons are rather unknowned or they are actualy that irracional and uninteresting.

Can the OP just put the word *SPOILER* in this title cause I ain't using spoiler tags... :p

Anyway, I'm an wholly against the notion that the Entity is Kreia - mainly because I realise that BioWare are just going to do an epically poor job of portraying her and clearly do not understand her. It seems obvious that they interpreted her as an evil, dark side witch who just wanted revenge on everything, including the Force. And probably believe that for that reason she would become some sort of dark side entity and support the Emperor in his destruction of the universe.

How very wrong they are:

1. Traya as hardly a darksider - in fact you could argue that she was redeemed by the time of her death. She was explicitly clear that to embrace either the light or the dark was to enslave yourself to flawed teachings, and instead encouraged a usage of both. If anything she was grey.

2. Traya wanted to end the Force partly because it controlled people fates, but also because in exerting its will countless lives were lost, she wanted to preserve life. So if she knew of the Emperor's plans to commit genocide on a galactic scale she would hate every bone in his body.
Edited by CommunityDroidEN

1. Traya wanted to end the Force partly because it controlled people fates, but also because in exerting its will countless lives were lost, she wanted to preserve life. So if she knew of the Emperor's plans to commit genocide on a galactic scale she would hate every bone in his body.

That's the thing, everybody, NO ONE KNOWS what the Emperor is up to except the Jedi Council, Scourge, Revan, and the Jedi Knight! If Darth Traya knew about the Emperor's plan she would plot against him. Her far seeing abilities would not be able to see through the Emperor's future, I can assure you that. The point is, no one knows about his crazy plan and she loves him because he had the ability to eradicate the force. Keep this in mind, she hated the force more than anything, if she truly wanted it gone, then she wouldn't have minded the destruction of ONE planet.

That's the thing, everybody, NO ONE KNOWS what the Emperor is up to except the Jedi Council, Scourge, Revan, and the Jedi Knight! If Darth Traya knew about the Emperor's plan she would plot against him. Her far seeing abilities would not be able to see through the Emperor's future, I can assure you that. The point is, no one knows about his crazy plan and she loves him because he had the ability to eradicate the force. Keep this in mind, she hated the force more than anything, if she truly wanted it gone, then she wouldn't have minded the destruction of ONE planet.
If Traya doesn't know of the Emperor's plans how does she know of Nathema?

Can the OP just put the word *SPOILER* in this title cause I ain't using spoiler tags... :p

Anyway, I'm an wholly against the notion that the Entity is Kreia - mainly because I realise that BioWare are just going to do an epically poor job of portraying her and clearly do not understand her. It seems obvious that they interpreted her as an evil, dark side witch who just wanted revenge on everything, including the Force. And probably believe that for that reason she would become some sort of dark side entity and support the Emperor in his destruction of the universe.

How very wrong they are:

1. Traya as hardly a darksider - in fact you could argue that she was redeemed by the time of her death. She was explicitly clear that to embrace either the light or the dark was to enslave yourself to flawed teachings, and instead encouraged a usage of both. If anything she was grey.

2. Traya wanted to end the Force partly because it controlled people fates, but also because in exerting its will countless lives were lost, she wanted to preserve life. So if she knew of the Emperor's plans to commit genocide on a galactic scale she would hate every bone in his body.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

That's what I've been saying! She wanted the force gone, yes, but she hated the idea of Mass extinction, and thus she would hate the emperors being completely.

This and the fact that the emperor is the strongest Dark Side user at the time, she would think of him as a fool, following the darkness so blindly, with the sole purpose of gaining unimaginable power.

I wonder if the fools at bioware even played Kotor 2. I doubt it, they probably view playing it as blasphemy, I mean, judging from how they have tried to portray kreia, they probability even refused to read the wookiepedia article.