SW:TOR Live Radio Show- The Nar Shaddaa Lounge (Tuesday nights, 6 PM Pacific)

Jimer_Lins

Sorry, my friends. The Nar Shaddaa Lounge is off the air. I received a warning from BioWare for talking in general about the show and linking the SHOUTCast URL.

While I might be able to create a custom chat channel, the channel support in-game is abysmal. And I also don't want to run the risk that someone will report me for spam again even if I do not mention the stream URL.

In the end, my aversion to the risk of being banned is higher than my desire to run the show. I apologize to everyone who listened to the show and I hope you will continue to tune in to my regular shows. :)

Thanks, all!

Edited by Jimer_Lins

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... O.O

Heh. No, stop being silly. However, to avoid any further confusion, I changed the name above.

Why the name? He's Jounville Blackferne,I've known him since we played together on Scylla in SWG, and I know him in real life. His character nickname is "Blackie", and he's the Guild Leader for The Church of Alvis (which I'm a member of).

Now that we've cleared that up, I hope you'll tune in to the show tonight!

Edited by Jimer_Lins

You are so very right about the rage!! I mean I was sad today, but I put my code in on August 11th due to not thinking I would even have a computer to play this. I watched my son play, and there was no lag, no mob stealing, he found it to be surprisingly pleasant!

What servers are you guys playing on? This is a very smooth launch, with any of the other MMO's like WoW, EQ, SWG, they all had crashes, huge queues, and the forums would go down at the same time.

This is a great show, I plan on listening each week. Very entertaining, great music too!!

Just so you know Stephen Reid posted this message about the power leveling.

StephenReid General Discussion -> PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

~I would not want to be those people...really dumb anyway.

Yesterday's pilot broadcast went extremely well, and I want to thank everyone who tuned in once more- it was a lot of fun and I speak for all three of us who were your hosts last night in saying we're looking forward to more!

I'll update this thread with updates on each show's topics. Look for updates on Mondays with a general overview of what the next show will be about and who the hosts will be.

Original post updated with next Tuesday's show notes and agenda. We're looking forward to bringing you the official launch of The Nar Shaddaa Lounge along with the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Remember, it's Tuesday night, 6 PM Pacific, 9 PM Eastern, or if you prefer, Wednesday 0200 GMT. Tune in at http://siradio.fm!

See you there!

QQing about queues? Trapped on Taris? We've got your cure!

Well, not really. ;) But at least we can offer you some distraction! Tune in to The Nar Shadda Lounge at http://siradio.fm tonight at 6 PM Pacific, 9 PM Eastern time for all things Old Republic. See the original post in this thread for this week's "agenda". We'll also be talking about all the launch day issuse and maybe even giving away some goodies in-game if you're lucky enough to be on the same server as we are (Juyo).

See you tonight, and may the Force be with you!

Reminder, The Nar Shaddaa Lounge will be taking to the intertube airwaves in just under two hours- 6 PM Pacific time, 9 PM Eastern. If you're on Juyo, be sure to join our in game channel "Alvisradio" and you may be eligible for some great prizes! We've got some fun loot to give away. :)

The Nar Shaddaa Lounge Wants You!

Do you want to help foster community and fun on your server? Want to give stuff away and get recognition for your actions? Read on, noble TOR warrior!

What do you need?

The Nar Shaddaa Lounge is looking for a few good guilds and players on other servers. The show is sponsored by The Church of Alvis on the Juyo server and one of the things we like to do is loot giveaways- we gave away a bunch of purple gear and some crafting mission disks last week and we're looking forward to giving away more gear next week.

We want to be able to do the same on other servers! So, we're asking for your help- we need guilds and players who can be available during the show to hand out gear on their server. The gear would be donated, crafted or collected by you and/or your guild, and should be at least somewhat valuable- it doesn't have to be uber-rare, but let's not have people giving away grey junk items, OK?

How does it work?

If you're interested, you would need at least two people over 18 who can speak and type English- one Republic, one Sith- to be available, online and in game and IRC during regular weekly broadcast- Tuesday nights, 6 PM Pacific, 9 PM Eastern.

You won't be going on the air; this is to help us be able to extend the Lounge's reach into other servers so we can hand out nifty prizes and help foster community around all of TOR, not just our home server of Juyo.

The show lasts for two hours and you would need to be at a location specified (usually Nar Shaddaa) in-game. Sometimes we'll go to the noob planets and hand out goodies to the brand new characters or other silliness, but you'll know ahead of time. During the show, we ask trivia questions or do other contests and the winners receive prizes. You'd be handling the distribution of prizes to winners on your server- It's critical that you be prepared to make sure people get the stuff they win!

You'd also need to be willing to collect a few prizes each week to be handed out- three to four good to great items is perfect. We don't offer any compensation other than plugging you, your server and your guild on the show- however, the fun of giving away great loot and helping establish a real community on your server is a form of reward in itself!

In return for your generosity, you get your guild plugged on the show- if you want a custom recruitment ad or something similar, that's possible too. We're flexible!

Sounds great! How can I help?

If you're interested in helping us out, we'd love to talk with you. We're working out hte details of how this will function logistically, and we're playing it by ear depending on the scale of response.

We'd love to hear from you if you can help out! Contact The Nar Shaddaa Lounge at alvisradio (at) gmail.com or send me an IM here on the TOR forums, and let's do something cool!