so... when does this game get fun

Dmochowski

I have been playing now casually for a month and i am at lvl 19 and it just seems real boring. I have to force myself to play bc i keep saying oh it will probably get better just wait. I expected to be playing by now in areas with open world pvp and harder quests and instances like in wow. It seems all i do is grind out boring quests and never spend any money on gear or anything bc i keep killing stuff fast with what ever i pick up off dead guys.

Hey, like really. Why you need to force yourself to play? if you dont like the game: don't PLAY IT. It's as simple as that. Nobody is forcing your arm to play or anything. There's also this thing called LIFE you can have where you don't have to do anything you really don't want to.

Geez..

Edited by Sallakat

If you aren't having fun now, it isn't going to get fun. If anything for me the game gets worse at 50. I don't understand Sallakat's response. You're forcing yourself to continue with the expectation that it will get better. There are interesting flashpoints and Eternity Vault normal is pretty easy. I'm hoping they balance Ilum.

What's there to understand? If you dont like something and are hoping for something else: stop doing it and figure something else to do.

Right?

Edit: and I dont care about comparing games between others (wow vs. swotr), that's just pointless in the end.

Edited by Sallakat

How does it go? Crazy people are the ones who keep repeating something expecting a different result to happen? I've been liking the game since the beta weekend and had very low expectations before that, so yeah I enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would.

ps - holy **** I have 2 50s after one month.

Edited by Lightmaguz

I think that the game is aimed at people who want to get immersed in a story line.

People who like listening to all the voice acting and following the class story lines

If you are just after a killfest with PVP or a fast levelling to end game - perhaps this game is not suited to you

The game does suit people who have followed the Star Wars movies and also people who are sci fi readers - for them it's just like being out there and hopefully we may see more of the movie worlds

Most MMOs [at least in my case] are only fun for me if I'm playing with my friends. That's about all I log in for apart from some class stories I want to finish. Log in do daily WZs [terrible fps btw gg] with my bros then off to replay Mass Effect 2 or play some music. Really, that's all I need though, I don't look at this game to fill up 100% of my time, just to be a nice thing to do with my online friends.

Perhaps that is why a lot of people are never satisfied. They play MMOs for all the wrong reasons.

The game gets fun when you set aside your expectations for it to be a wow clone and embrace the fact that it is Kotor Online, nothing more, nothing less. When you embrace the fact that it is a Theme park MMO, based on a theme that you enjoy.

Why people stick with something that isnt fun, and go a step further to try to persuade others subtly or blatently that it isnt fun sounds a lot like having a sore on the roof of your mouth that would heal over if you would just stop tounging it.

If you arent having fun with Anything this world has to offer, turn away from it. Find something that satisfies you. Dont waste your life hating just because our current social age has everyone hating something and being unsatisfied with their lives.

I have dozens of reasons why I think WoW is Garbage. I have never shared them with anyone before because I dont think it is necessary, no one benefits from my opinion, it adds nothing constructive to society and undermines people's enjoyment.

For me, this game will get a lot more fun when all the MLG/$3k PC Rig/Min-Maxer wannabes realize that "We dont serve their kind here." - The game will get fun when the Droids are left outside. Dig?

you guys didnt read that sign before you walked into this topic did you all?

the sign that says "DONT FEED THE TROLLS"

feed them and they hang around like rats or cockroaches.

stop feeding them and they shrivel and die and remake new account with new name an d try again.

keep your forums clean put down a troll today!

to address the OP.

the game is fun was fun for me still is fun. tons of stuff to do, plenty of crafting and exploring. try a wiki...

tl;dr = Chum is Fum!