Operation Meridian "Story" Mode Difficulty Problem

Is Operation Meridian "Story" mode supposed to be so hard?

I can not get past the first boss (R10-X6) which has 5.8 million HP and has 2 gold adds (252k HP each) and 3 standard adds (114k HP each). To put it into perspective the Rank 10 Major Anri which is the only companion I can bring in tank mode only has 207k HP fully buffed. In fact, she has never lasted more than 28 seconds in the boss fight.

If I put her into healer mode and I try to tank it in my sorcerer I get killed in under a minute even after using all the defensive CDs and constant self-healing.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some mechanic that I am missing? It was already a pain getting to the first boss in the first place because Major Anri dies or has less than 20% HP remaining every pull even though I DPS them all down in under a minute.

I am currently an ilvl 299 Sith Sorcerer. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to ask on the official Discord but it seems to be inactive.

#Picsoritdidnthappen

https://imgur.com/a/gSscm1D

EDIT: Turns out the storyline automatically put me in the Master Mode version of the FP for some reason (seen by the quest log). Don't know why. I was automatically put into the FP after the cutscene from the last mission. I removed the Master Mode quest and now I can't even get into the FP. The door on the White Nova is now yellow instead of purple. I am also not eligible to use the terminal next to the door to try to pick up the story mode version of the FP. :jawa_mad:

Edited by Schlez

If you're locked to Major Anri as companion you still have to do the solo-story. What is your current purple mission saying? Maybe you need to speak with the npcs that send you to Meridian again.

The purple mission just tells me to complete the flashpoint "Operation Meridian" and points me towards the White Nova ship. However, the entrance is no longer purple and is yellow and nothing happens when I try to run through it. Clicking the Operation Meridian terminal just says that I am not eligible for the conversation.

I am also unable to reset or abandon the purple mission.

When you're sent to X flashpoint to do something for the story you don't generally click the terminal.

There is usually an NPC in a phased room which is near the flashpoint door that starts it.

I think you need to walk past that phased room to get to the meridian fp after the quick travel to white nova.

When you're sent to X flashpoint to do something for the story you don't generally click the terminal.

There is usually an NPC in a phased room which is near the flashpoint door that starts it.

I think you need to walk past that phased room to get to the meridian fp after the quick travel to white nova.

I wasn't really sent there. The story automatically teleported me into the FP after the story cutscene with Darth Malgus (I think, don't remember the exact NPC).

I went back to the White Nova ship to the purple mission marker but the phased room is yellow and not purple anymore. When running into the phased room nothing happens for me and I just keep running up against the entrance.

can you enter the room directly in front of the elevator when you get to the meridian staging deck? i think that's where the quest giving npcs are.

I don't see any quest markers there. I know the terminal next to the phased entrance for Operation Meridian gives the quest but when I click on it, it says I am not eligible for the conversation.

I don't see any quest markers there. I know the terminal next to the phased entrance for Operation Meridian gives the quest but when I click on it, it says I am not eligible for the conversation.

forget the terminal, that's to pick up the flashpoint in one of the three difficulty settings but you need to do it to finish Onslaught, correct? That is different (locked comp, extra cutscene and dialogue tidbits).

After the docks (failsafe I believe the mission is called) you are told to meet with major Anri on the White Nova and if you click launch you're teleported directly in that room on the white nova (from the command deck you take the elevator to the meridian staging deck and the room with anri is right in front of the elevator exit).

Can you enter that room? If yes, you can speak to Major Anri again and launch the proper solo-story fp. If not and you can't reset the quest back, I think you may need to contact support.

okay, i tried with one of my toons who was still on mek-sha. after getting the solo-story mission i abandoned it - which made it impossible to enter and to pick anything up from the terminal - and I was able to get it back by hitting reset for the purple "objective meridian" mission in the mission log. This gave me access to the the room with major Anri again and also the "launch" button to be teleported there again.

if you can't reset the purple mission from the mission log to get back to this point it really sounds like you need to open a ticket.

okay, i tried with one of my toons who was still on mek-sha. after getting the solo-story mission i abandoned it - which made it impossible to enter and to pick anything up from the terminal - and I was able to get it back by hitting reset for the purple "objective meridian" mission in the mission log. This gave me access to the the room with major Anri again and also the "launch" button to be teleported there again.

if you can't reset the purple mission from the mission log to get back to this point it really sounds like you need to open a ticket.

Thanks for the info. The reset button is greyed out for the purple mission and I can't get back into the room on the White Nova because the doorway is yellow and not purple. I opened a support ticket yesterday so hopefully they'll get back to me in a few days.