life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look at all the other MMOs on the market, Guild Wars 2 for example, they offer actual events and content for the holidays. They don't just create some items and sell them to you.

The lack of support for updates that our subscriptions paid for is insulting. :(

The problem is that the community didn't want to have holiday events so now they don't have them, then people complain that there are no events. I think this is a fine middle ground.

The size of this thread makes me think the community did want an event...do you have proof the "community" didn't want holiday events?

All of this is rather a two edged sword. If we buy cartel coins we are feeding the greed beast, if we don't the game could conceivably go bust. The F2P people won't carry it for the long term I fear and those that do subscribe will run into the same end game grind and leave. I think Bioware has been in a d@mned if they do and d@mned if they don't scenario for a while now. I don't see a win win no matter what.

I agree that the 'holiday' event, such as it is, should have been questable to subscriibers. The thing is, no one knows whose boot is on whose neck.

If everyone is so adament about this, subscribers should stop buying the coins and let the chips fall where they may.

The problem is that the community didn't want to have holiday events so now they don't have them, then people complain that there are no events. I think this is a fine middle ground.

What community are you in? I would bet the farm that most people like events. change in the actual game world for short times refreshes the usual grind in the mmo world. it is sad they didn't go with an event after their first two random events were actually very nice. I have not played GW2 in some time, but logged on just to see their event abd ended up playing hours of the game again. Events not only help the moral of the subs, but would bring in F2P people who might become subs. Word of mouth of a cool event will help. Word of mouth that SWTOR didnt have one hurts.

^^^^

This exactly, the point is these items shouldn't even be on the Cartel.. what mmo charges for holiday items. I remember another mmo that threw down a christmas tree and had gifts christmas day to open.. FREE content. Charging for holiday stuff is nothing short of lame and the possibility of paying for additional content in the future as a sub is very dishearting.

^I agree and I think these cheap money grabbing moves hurt the game image.

Do we need the Cartel Market yes but it shouldn’t be used as a cough out to doing standard MMO feature and I feel event/holiday gift are standard since most MMO do them. Even GW2, that complete free, can manage to do an event. So there no excuse for why our team didn’t bother. To make thing worse this wasn’t just about Life Day, this was the game 1 year anniversary a milestone and yet they couldn’t put the effort forward to do something special for it. As for the firework, there didn’t appear to be to0 much effort put into them. Don’t get me wrong I do love the game and that why I hope they learn from this.

Edited by TheSeer

What community are you in? .

Unfortnately he's right. Now, I'm not going to go searching for all the posts, but there have been hundreds threatening to rage-quit if real-life holidays started triggering events in game.

It's humorous to see the community flip-flop on this. Back in the day, everyone was a Star Wars purist, not wanting their immersion ruined by silly holiday events like those other mmos do. Now, we've got 100 pages of people upset that we don't have events while all the other mmos do.

Unfortnately he's right. Now, I'm not going to go searching for all the posts, but there have been hundreds threatening to rage-quit if real-life holidays started triggering events in game.

It's humorous to see the community flip-flop on this. Back in the day, everyone was a Star Wars purist, not wanting their immersion ruined by silly holiday events like those other mmos do. Now, we've got 100 pages of people upset that we don't have events while all the other mmos do.

You can't really look at it as awhole with a singular want or needs. I am not saying everyone feels the way some of us do, but nobody i know feels the way you say.

The real issue with the forums is peopel usually only post when they dont liek things, so you always get the feeling that the community doesnt like anything.

But with that said, I am not sure the majority of MMO players feel they are RPers and get upset when the real world invades their game in a fun way. And I am sure most liek the holiday events.

GW just started theirs and it is awesome. Yes they have items in their cash shop, but they also have tons of world events and items for you to go out and explore for FREE.

I remember these posts before release, life day was the only one people seemed to kinda ride with, still a great deal of people wanted nothing. Too bad because i really like the galactic moonfest from SWG :D

Honestly though, i dont think the people flip-flopped in what they wanted, i think the player base has changed.

A great deal of players from back then are no longer here, and we have new players now that want different stuff.

there is an event and ppl are mad that said event is EA trying to pick our pockets for copy paste crap instead of something that comes free with every other mmo subscription

normaly it is wise to learn the other sides veiwpoint before engaging them in a debate or you may end up looking like a fool

Edited by GillianS

All of this is rather a two edged sword. If we buy cartel coins we are feeding the greed beast, if we don't the game could conceivably go bust. The F2P people won't carry it for the long term I fear and those that do subscribe will run into the same end game grind and leave. I think Bioware has been in a d@mned if they do and d@mned if they don't scenario for a while now. I don't see a win win no matter what.

I agree that the 'holiday' event, such as it is, should have been questable to subscriibers. The thing is, no one knows whose boot is on whose neck.

If everyone is so adament about this, subscribers should stop buying the coins and let the chips fall where they may.

It's like overfishing.

At the moment Bioware EA is trawling their fishing grounds with the huge nets with tiny mesh sizes......... this is throughly unsutainable and people with rightly get sick of paying a forture for EVERYTHING and constantly being nickle and dimed for EVERYTHING.

Bioware EA seem to only see the short term cash spike however and seem ireveicably set on this course. :(

there is an event and ppl are mad that said event is EA trying to pick our pockets for copy paste crap instead of something that comes free with every other mmo subscription

normaly it is wise to learn the other sides veiwpoint before engaging them in a debate or you may end up looking like a fool

They'd have gotten away with it too......... if it weren't for that pesky $18.00 Santa Mount. :eek:

They'd have gotten away with it too......... if it weren't for that pesky $18.00 Santa Mount. :eek:

$18 is absurd. Just bought a 22 game pack off steam for $25. The THQ Collection if anyone is curious.

I am positive they make would more money selling this mount for a few bucks to a lot of people instead of going straight price gouge and hooking a handful of suckers. I seriously have to question the decisions that are being made by this company. It doesn't seem like they have a clue.

It's called taking advantage of people who will go and and buy it just to say they have it, so they can compete with other people. Take for instance I used to know this one lady who played Farmville who bought everything as soon as it came out just to put it on her farm so she could brag about having a certain item before her friends did.

*TOTALLY ASININE*

I really despise his mentality on business economics, but what can I say if people are going to buy it their still going to do it.

Edited by Raideag

Is there a complaints department for SWTOR?

I was gobsmacked at the price of this pack, why wouldnt it be free for subscribers? i pay them $15 a month and they expect me to pay the equivalent of $20 of coins for some holiday cheer?

I know i dont have to buy it, and i sure as hell won't, but it is like they want me/us to hate the game!!

For the record i have just finished the fun of Wintersday in GW2 (which is free, in a non sub game) while i waited to get my phone back with the security on it. Finally got back into SW and it has just spat in my face saying "yeah u pay MORE please".

Really disappointed

Edited by Leweegibo