See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good vid! Thanks!

So the new strategy seems to be making more frequent but smaller updates?

I'm fine with that.

In between :

-HK-51

-Terror from beyond

-Ancient Wargates WZ

-New space missions

-Makeb

-Cartel store launch

-... (insert hidden world event at some point)

it seems we're headed for a few good active months in SWTOR!

Good vid! Thanks!

So the new strategy seems to be making more frequent but smaller updates?

I'm fine with that.

In between :

-HK-51

-Terror from beyond

-Ancient Wargates WZ

-New space missions

-Makeb

-Cartel store launch

-... (insert hidden world event at some point)

it seems we're headed for a few good active months in SWTOR!

I am too...assuming they deploy them quickly. We're too far into this dry spell to be patient much longer.

You know, I wish you folks would stop using plurals when you announce this stuff. I know the marketing hacks want it to seem like it's a bunch of stuff, but we all know that isn't the case. And NO dates around any of it, not even hoped for Patch versions.

You have profound problems with instancing throughout the game (stuck in the door to an ops instance, where even relogging doesn't fix it, and having to change to a different public instance before I'm visible to teammates in a mission instance!?!?!?), behavioral flaws in the companions (can't cross thresholds, or maneuver up ramps, or randomly frickin' despawn), LAG!!!!, GTN problems, Group Finder problems, Cannot See Target problems everywhere, and big time implementation problems (I have a galaxy spanning holo com in my flippin' pocket, but I have to fly back and forth to Coruscant to talk to the general). But we're to believe that a rapid turnaround of content is just around the corner? You mean more "content" like this last world event? Forgive me, but no thanks. An intriguing idea that failed in execution.

Here's a thought: have your "test team" break into a couple of 4 man groups, and an 8 man group, and go do the ops, and heroics, and FP's, and take the laundry list of issues you find and FIX THEM! At this point, content that works correctly could be considered "new".

Special props go to Bozo the Cathar.

No really, all kidding aside, that was my favorite part.

Least favorite? Makeb. Looks like SWTOR's bizarre—bordering on fetishistic—obsession with machinery (robots, cyborgs, and the like) will persist unabated. Anyone else put off by this stylistic choice? Star Wars is about more than grindy cogwheels and metal parts.

Edited by mourasantos

Well, thats great but we all know that this stuff is coming. What we don't know is when. So, not realy a news for us.

Looks for me like "Hey look, great content is coming, so you must stay as a subscriber" And then we wait and wait and wait and nothing happens.

I mean how long will you tell us that Makeb is coming and TFB is coming without giving us a timewindow for release?

And where is HK?

Seen it all before.....you have lost 100's of thousands of subscribers because you keep duping everyone with "look whats coming".

You have serious competition in the coming weeks and guess what..."look whats coming" hits everyone again.

If the world event is any indication of what you are intending then lol

Edited by wellymace