RE: Character Companions

MDresidentx

I was updating my spreadsheets with companion details about I noticed some odd things.

First, My companions say 52 but I know each one has a different level. Why is this?

Second, I noticed these stats are the same no matter what my character is but they do change when I'm on a planet, starship or fleet. Why?

Examples, Mastery, Power, Alacrity, Accuracy, Presence, etc (next to each character on their card)

Third, Stats for Force, Melee, Defense, Ranged are almost the same too.

All can examples can be seen on this screenshot.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjApVpgq6WQ0iq9s4Y7775_zbWXRag?e=4azQu6

I can post more if you want to see various others. I have 3 accounts with 6+ Characters on each.

Finally, can you influence a droid? All mine say 0/400

Edited by MDresidentx

I was updating my spreadsheets with companion details about I noticed some odd things.

First, My companions say 52 but I know each one has a different level. Why is this?

If you are looking on the companion portrait in the lower left (by default) of the main display, that does indeed show the companion's level, but that's not useful information. You probably want the companion's Influence rank, which is displayed on the Crew Skill panel ("B") or the Companions and Contacts panel ("N"). The level isn't useful information because it is always equal to your character's effective (level synced) level(1). If you leave Corellia / The Black Hole / Ilum and go somewhere that's level-synced to a different level, you'll find the 52 changes to something else:

* Starter worlds: 12

* Coruscant / Dromund Kaas: 18

* Imperial Balmorra / Republic Taris: 22

* Nar Shaddaa: 26

* Tatooine: 30

* Alderaan: 34

* Imperial Taris / Republic Balmorra: 38

* Quesh: not sure

* Hoth: 42

* Belsavis: 44?

* Voss: 48

* Corellia / Ilum: 52

* Makeb: 57?

* Rishi: 58

* Yavin IV / Ziost: 62

* All places after: 70.

If your "true" level is below those levels, you won't be "promoted".

Second, I noticed these stats are the same no matter what my character is but they do change when I'm on a planet, starship or fleet. Why?

Examples, Mastery, Power, Alacrity, Accuracy, Presence, etc (next to each character on their card)

Level sync changes (clips) your character's Mastery/Power/Endurance/Health. Your active companion's stats are determined by your Presence stat. Presence is determined by a combination the companion's Influence rank and some static Presence bonuses (of which the largest is probably the +100 for having levelled up a Human character from level 49 to level 50), and then clipped as above.

Third, Stats for Force, Melee, Defense, Ranged are almost the same too.

All can examples can be seen on this screenshot.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjApVpgq6WQ0iq9s4Y7775_zbWXRag?e=4azQu6

I can post more if you want to see various others. I have 3 accounts with 6+ Characters on each.

Vector is a companion, not a character (in the sense that I use the word "Character" above), so his stats are determined by your Presence stat (determined by his Influence Rank) and the interactions of Level Sync.

(1) Your character's level-synced level doesn't always display correctly.

Not sure what you mean by this. Which droids? Where do they say 0/400?
I suspect they are CM "droid" companions (Annihilator T4-1D, H2-WF, K1-Z3N, etc.). 0/400 would mean they are at Influence Rank 1, and have gotten zero Influence points so far (400 being the number needed to reach Rank 2). They are probably seeing it under the progress bar at the top of the "profile" shown when you select that particular companion in your companions list.*

And yes, OP, you can raise their Influence, the same way you do for other companions - give them gifts. Unlike most other companions, they do not gain any influence from any conversations, AFAIK, so getting them to max Influence can be a very expensive proposition.

* You can also see it in your Crew Skills list, if you hover over the circle showing the companion's influence rank. At max Influence this will show 0/0. At other ranks, it will show the current number of points earned toward the number needed to go from their current rank to the next rank. But CM companions can't do Crew Skills, so that doesn't apply to the droids we're looking at.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I want to talk about this more with more pictures that are highlighted. I'm almost done with my spreadsheets and then I'll post more screenshots. Also, I meant companions mainly in my discussion. My main character I'll talk about in another post. I'll reply with images later today. I have 3 accounts with 5+ characters on each so looking at the stats across them is kind of interesting(I won't be posting all of them...just the ones I have questions/issues with). Edited by MDresidentx

I'm ready to talk more about this.

First, let me tell you the backstory to lay the foundation for discussion.

After Double XP last month, I attempted to collect all my characters data in a spreadsheet for a private project.

My situation is this. I have 3 accounts with the following:

First account, 8 characters (Jedi Consular Shadow, Sith Warrior Juggernaut, Republic Trooper Commando, Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer, Jedi Knight Guardian, Bounty Hunter Mercenary, Republic Smuggler Scoundrel, and Imperial Agent Sniper). All of these characters are 70+. My highest is 124 Command Level

Second Account, 5 characters (Bounty Hunter PowerTech, Sith Inquisitor Assassin, Sith Warrior Marauder, Jedi Consular Shadow, and Republic Smuggler Gunslinger). All of these characters are in mid-20s.

Third Account, 5 characters (Imperial Agent Operative, Jedi Consular Sage, Sith Warrior Marauder, Republic Trooper Vanguard, and Jedi Knight Sentinel). All of these characters are in mid-20s.

I'm looking for answers to these questions:

1. Do main character stats change on different planets, or on ships, etc. ?

2. I spent the last 30 days recording stats and over the past week, my character stats have changed massively. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature but I'm not real happy about this. Example, on my first account above the stats have changed to the level of my other two accounts. I will leave if they keep lowering my stats!

3. Companion stats. The stats before were inaccurate but they've made some changes and the stats are more clear but I still need comments on what the new ones mean.

I will post stats (old vs. new) with pictures. I will do this in the next few posts.

Edited by MDresidentx

First Account, Imperial Agent Sniper - 70/124 Command

Old/New Stats:

Ranged Damage -> 2945-3215/1179-1269

Ranged Bonus -> 1727.4/772.9

Ranged Accuracy -> 120.65%/110.65%

Ranged Critical -> 24.91%/24.17%

Ranged Critical Multiplier -> 59.65%/59.65%

Tech Bonus Damage -> 2557.7/956.9

Tech Bonus Healing -> 1848.2/688.3

Tech Accuracy -> 110.65%/110.65%

Tech Critical -> 24.91%/24.17%

Tech Critical Multiplier -> 59.65%/59.65%

Tech Energy Regen Rate -> 5.2/5.2

Tech Alacrity -> 3.93%/3.93%

Defense Health -> 95908/25023

Defense Armor Rating -> 5801/3191

Defense Damage Reduction -> 24.79%/20.96%

Defense Chance -> 5.00%/5.00%

Defense Shield Chance -> 0/0

Defense Shield Absorption -> 0/0

Mastery -> 5401/2426

Endurance -> 5934/2193

Power -> 2814/1251

Critical -> 641/641

Alacrity -> 362/362

Accuracy -> 905/905

Defense -> 0/0

Absorb -> 00

Shield -> 0/0

Presence -> 894/1694

First Account, Republic Trooper Commando - 70/46 Command

Old/New Stats:

Ranged Damage -> 2792-3604/386-504

Ranged Bonus -> 1845.3/249.0

Ranged Accuracy -> 106.94%/106.94%

Ranged Critical -> 24.27%/24.69%

Ranged Critical Multiplier -> 59.04%/59.04%

Tech Bonus Damage -> 2518.5/304.2

Tech Bonus Healing -> 1819.3/217.2

Tech Accuracy -> 106.94%/106.94%

Tech Critical -> 24.27%/24.69%

Tech Critical Multiplier -> 59.04%/59.04%

Tech Energy Cell Regen Rate -> 5.5/5.5

Tech Alacrity -> 10.30%/10.30%

Defense Health -> 93387/8090

Defense Armor Rating -> 7726/2614

Defense Damage Reduction -> 30.51%/27.77%

Defense Chance -> 5.00%/5.00%

Defense Shield Chance -> 0/0

Defense Shield Absorption -> 0/0

Mastery -> 5652/1970

Endurance -> 6012/702

Power -> 2726/239

Critical -> 592/592

Alacrity -> 720/720

Accuracy -> 543/543

Defense -> 0/0

Absorb -> 00

Shield -> 0/0

Presence -> 894/2144

I'm looking for answers to these questions:

1. Do main character stats change on different planets, or on ships, etc. ?

Yes. The following stats change, as I already said in my earlier post:

* Mastery

* Power

* Endurance

* Health

If your character's "true" level is above the levels I listed, those stats will be clipped down (if they are above) to preset values, regardless of operating buffs and so on, as will your effective level. Unlike FF14 level-reduction, SWTOR Level Sync does not disable abilities, and it does not change your other stats. You retain all your Crit, Accuracy, Alacrity, etc.

Character ships, strongholds of all types, and the Fleet count as max-level areas.

2. I spent the last 30 days recording stats and over the past week, my character stats have changed massively. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature but I'm not real happy about this. Example, on my first account above the stats have changed to the level of my other two accounts. I will leave if they keep lowering my stats!

Feature. Level sync does this, as described. Your "true" stats don't change, but your "effective" stats do. Go back to a max-level place like the Fleet, and you'll see those "true" stats come back.

3. Companion stats. The stats before were inaccurate but they've made some changes and the stats are more clear but I still need comments on what the new ones mean.

Companion stats are determined in a sort of similar way, except that their "true level" stats are determined uniquely by your Presence score(1), and companions, like your character, are subject to Level Sync.

I will post stats (old vs. new) with pictures. I will do this in the next few posts.

I've looked briefly at those posts. They don't really help, since you don't say where the characters are. To see your "true" stats, go to the Fleet / your stronghold / your character's ship.

And before you say it, yes, that does imply a missing piece of the puzzle. Your "true" stats are not visible, although if the effective stats are different, they show up in different colours, depending on whether they are above or below their "true" values.

(1) Your Presence score is determined by a summation of:

* Any legacy-panel bonuses for Presence, mostly the +100 for levelling a Human character from level 49 to level 50.

* Any Presence datacrons that any of your characters have discovered and used on planets.

* Any gear piece with +Presence stat modifiers.

* Any acitve buffs from a +Presence stim or adrenal.

* Your *active* companion's Influence rank.

(2) The primary doubt is the Level Sync effective Health. It isn't clear whether that is exactly the score that would be calculated based on your effective Endurance.

Is it me or the OP is simply being confused by level sync on different planets?

No, it's not just you. I'm totally convinced that the confusion you mentioned is exactly all of the problem. I've *tried* to explain it, but ...

(If you can tell me what's unclear about what I've said, I'll be glad to fix it.)

Steve, I've ready your comments...all of them.

But this is where the confusion is. I have not changed planets during my stat recordings. I have stopped moving to record my stats in one place. I was on my ships originally but I can't record companion stats there because only the droid will appear. Moving along, the planets are all different for each character but the original stats I recorded where on the same planet and then they changed to the new ones. What would account for this? Is there a delay in the re-leveling? These changes came after the last update. Let's deal with the main characters first before we deal with the companions. I don't want to mix and match the conversation.

Edited by MDresidentx

I'll go back to the Fleet and do these stats again. Maybe I did the main character stats on the ship and left to do my companions. On Fleet, I can do everything there. I'm going to need some time to re-check everything. Edited by MDresidentx

I'll go back to the Fleet and do these stats again. Maybe I did the main character stats on the ship and left to do my companions. On Fleet, I can do everything there. I'm going to need some time to re-check everything.

Just went to Corellia on a level 70 Sniper, wearing a full set of 230-purple Tier 1 Command Crate gear, and the figures that Level Sync gave me are broadly similar to your "New" figures while I was clipped to an effective level 52. If you look at your character panel *while you are on Corellia*, you'll see that Mastery, Power, and Endurance are all shown in yellow, meaning that they are below their normal values, but that the other stats in the upper part of the panel are pale pale blue-white, meaning that they are *at* their normal value. (That's consistent with what I said about the operation of Level Sync.)

I then bounced to Fleet where I am max-level, and my stats are broadly similar to your "Old" values, except Presence which is the same in both places.

To me, this indicates that if you were on Corellia for the "Old" values, then there was a display bug. As noted, the ship, the Fleet, *and* your stronghold(s)(1) are all treated as "max level" areas, as are (at the moment) Odessen, Zakuul and Ossus.(2)

Presence: as I said before, this is determined by your active bonuses from datacrons, legacy achievement perk thingies and so on, combined with your active companion's Influence rank (from 1 to 50). Your "Old" figure is lower than your "New" figure, which is kind of to be expected, since Influence rank never goes down, and clearly went up between the two points, and Level Sync does not clip Presence.

(1) Even though they participate in various chat channels from the planet they are assigned to (e.g. Dromund Kaas stronghold receives and sends to DK chat), the strongholds are not really *on* the planet, and aren't affected by Level Sync.

(2) Those three planets may change to being "Synced to 70" when 6.0 launches, although I'd expect such a change to be just for Zakuul - Odessen is a non-combat area like the Fleet, while Ossus *starts* at level 70.