How do I gear?

BonnerFett

First off, everything is going to change in 5 weeks when the expansion Onslaught 6.0 launches. There are major changes to gearing coming:

• You will be able to get gear by exclusively pvp'ing, but as with galacitc command currently you may earn gear faster, or at least certain types of pieces, by broadening the content you do
  • There are a lot more set bonuses to choose from
  • there will be RNG-dependent and RNG-independent pathways
  • Bolster will bump your stats up to the highest item rating level, which will be 306. Currently on LIVE it bolsters you to one tier below the highest

Second, there isn't enough time before the expansion launches for you to earn the currency needed to upgrade your gear to the highest tier.

There was a similar question asked a couple of months ago, and I replied with a general outline of what you would have to do exclusively pvp'ing. It was possible, but its too close to the xpac now.

I'd just focus on re-learning the game. You're bolstered to rating 252 anyway, and its gonna change real soon.

As mentioned above, take your time and figure out how the game works nowadays. Its not easy i know i just got back to the game a few weeks ago after 3 year. It was hard to learn all that new things.

Go to the fleet and at the combat training side you can find a bunch of vendor that sells t1-t4 gear. Check them what they sells and how you can buy them. Its help a lot. Also with galactic command you can get every currency you need to buy thos higher gears.

As mentioned above, take your time and figure out how the game works nowadays. Its not easy i know i just got back to the game a few weeks ago after 3 year. It was hard to learn all that new things.

Go to the fleet and at the combat training side you can find a bunch of vendor that sells t1-t4 gear. Check them what they sells and how you can buy them. Its help a lot. Also with galactic command you can get every currency you need to buy thos higher gears.

Sorry for the newb question... but what is Galactic Command?

Galactic command is a point system that gives you crates after level 70. each generally contains one piece of actual gear (not always what you are looking for) some command tokens (number varies by tier I-IV) some other stuff occasionally a barrel, mod, hilt armoring or the like maybe a companion gift, mount or pet, occasionally a crafting mat and sometimes an empty gear shell of some random variety. If I recall correctly the system is limited to subscribers.

You can disintegrate the gear pieces to get unassembled components that can be used for gearing the way the other poster mentioned, the other stuff can usually be disintegrated for further command points if you don't want them

Edited by TheGreyRanger

Sorry for the newb question... but what is Galactic Command?

You know, I had a big explanation type out until I realized it’s pointless with everything changing in four weeks. You will never get to the current highest tier of gear, but you don’t need to because of Bolster. What you need to do is re-learn the game. Play objectives and don’t worry about dueling or 1v1 matchups. Read the in-game tutorial entry for more information on Galactic Command if you really want to, the tooltips for the Unassembled Components, the vendors in the combat section of the fleet. The system we’ve had for three years now is so convoluted that it’s just not worth you stressing over how low your gear rating is.