Petiton for the return of the emporer

dustin_ellis

Is the emperor truly dead when the jedi kills him or does the emperor come back

Powerful Jedi can live on in the force, now think how powerful the Emperor is, at this time he is the most powerful force user, only reason the Jedi Knights can touch him is because he is weakened. So if a powerful Jedi can live on in the force think what the Emperor can do.

• 3 months later...

Powerful Jedi can live on in the force, now think how powerful the Emperor is, at this time he is the most powerful force user, only reason the Jedi Knights can touch him is because he is weakened. So if a powerful Jedi can live on in the force think what the Emperor can do.

Um...do you realize what happens to a darksider when they die? And if he fails to inhabbit someone or something? That's a huge difference of the light and dark side. A pure light sider will become one with the force, a dark sider does not - cannot.

The Jedi Knight didn't kill the Emperor. He killed the Emperor's Voice.

Perhaps but the Voice isn't any stronger than the Emperor itself so most likely in future JK storyline JK is going to kill him finally. Since he can't be FP or OP boss because he can brain wash everybody expect JK. Or it's going to be same kind of encounter as the new Voss World boss is that you need special buff and such.

Perhaps but the Voice isn't any stronger than the Emperor itself so most likely in future JK storyline JK is going to kill him finally. Since he can't be FP or OP boss because he can brain wash everybody expect JK. Or it's going to be same kind of encounter as the new Voss World boss is that you need special buff and such.

So you honestly believe that the current Big Baddie in TOR will be killed off in one class story and not experienced by all the different classes in an Operation setting?

The JK's future story content will probably lead him into weakening the Emperor or screwing up his plans again, but I can't see BW killing off the Emperor in such a way that you have to roll a certain class to experience it...unless of course they have already said F It, thrown their hands up in the air and could care less about the fans like a majority of the forum posters seem to think.

Thats an interesting idea... And makes me think, the emperor wanted to destroy the galaxy... Even imperials... What if it took each class to kill him off for good? I mean, I've finished 2 class stories, Jedi knight, and Sith inquisitor. Jedi knight kills his mortal body, but the inquisitor...

has learned, and is the only to master the ability to absorb a force ghost, giving him more power. Inquisitor wants power, what about using this to take the emperor's throne?

so maybe he can be an ally..

the emperor wanted to destroy the galaxy... Even imperials...

Yes, precisely. He wanted to consume the essence of all life in the galaxy. Meaning, all Imperials and Sith aswell. This leaves BioWare with an opening to turn him into a boss for an Operation or Flashpoint. Not even the Emperor's Wrath would like having his essence consumed, no? Meaning that the Emperor's character is designed in a way that makes him the perfect boss for Operations or Flashpoints. Also makes for interesting boss mechanics, like forcing players to attack their group members :pIn like Game Update 2.5 :D

Thats an interesting idea... And makes me think, the emperor wanted to destroy the galaxy... Even imperials... What if it took each class to kill him off for good? I mean, I've finished 2 class stories, Jedi knight, and Sith inquisitor. Jedi knight kills his mortal body, but the inquisitor...

has learned, and is the only to master the ability to absorb a force ghost, giving him more power. Inquisitor wants power, what about using this to take the emperor's throne?

Good thinking, I hope it ends up like this.

Nice idea but I highly doubt

you'd see the SI seize control of the Empire. I just can't see BW having one class so vastly more important storywise than the others.

it's one thing to give a player a seat on the DC,name them the Wrath,have them head up Imperial Intel etc, but it's quite another to make one class the new Emperor and effectively outranking every other Imperial class.

Yes, precisely. He wanted to consume the essence of all life in the galaxy. Meaning, all Imperials and Sith aswell. This leaves BioWare with an opening to turn him into a boss for an Operation or Flashpoint. Not even the Emperor's Wrath would like having his essence consumed, no? Meaning that the Emperor's character is designed in a way that makes him the perfect boss for Operations or Flashpoints. Also makes for interesting boss mechanics, like forcing players to attack their group members :pIn like Game Update 2.5 :D

Correct. I strongly expect that the Emperor's plans will continue to develop in expansion content, eventually leading to a storyline wherein EVERYONE works to take him down. He's the ultimate antagonist for literally all life in the Galaxy; it's us or him, in the long run. He's the Real Villain of the whole game, the Big Bad. To be very clear: he wants to consume all the Force in the Galaxy, which means consuming everyone's life force, as well. He wants to become a lonely God, after devouring all of us. He's already immortal, having done this on a smaller scope with a single planet a thousand years ago. This is HUGE in scope - much bigger than anything we've yet seen - and naturally the resolution will require a lot of time and effort on our parts.

When we finally get a chance to TRULY defeat him, it'll be a serious affair, likely involving multiple flashpoints and operations; not a single event in one class storyline. Anything less would be really poor storytelling. It is completely unthinkable that the Emperor would just die offscreen, without most of us having any real idea what threat he posed, and without most of us having any chance to contribute to his downfall.

To put it another way, the Rakghoul plague event brought us a live event for nine days, and also involved flashpoints and operations. The Emperor's plan to devour us all is a million times bigger in scope than the Rakghoul plague.

Um...do you realize what happens to a darksider when they die? And if he fails to inhabbit someone or something? That's a huge difference of the light and dark side. A pure light sider will become one with the force, a dark sider does not - cannot.

Maybe, maybe not. During the conversation with Satele Shan upon completing Athiss, she mentions that sometimes when Sith die, they refuse to become one with the Force. Refusing something is not the same as not being able to do it.

Good thinking, I hope it ends up like this.

Me too. For this entire reason, I am currently levelling a Ratataki Knight as the offspring of my Inquisitor. Her child kills the Voice, or the Emperor, whichever it is, leaving more of a power vacuum for my Inquisitor to step into.